Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de babyscot59 posté le 2004-11-17 11:22:51 (S | E | F | I)
I propose to write a few lines on a special subject so that everybody will train and express its mind. Today I deal with my experience on Euro:

"At first, I was both happy and puzzled. Happy , because using new banknotes was great fun with new colourful banknotes and fresh coins. then puzzled because I had lost my traditional scale of value. I ignored how much a baguette was and at the end of the month, I used to run out of money. That was not a problem for so did many people!!.
Things got worse because I moved to Scotland for a year and I had to use pounds, I used the convertion rate between Francs and Pounds , for 1 pound was worth 10 francs. That was quite easy then!!
Last year I had to use my euros again, my bank got mad because I was always confusing those three currencies!! I had to pay severe penalties, and I am just a student, poor and miserable (LOL).
Now I am totally independant, I have my own flat, My parents are no more spare banks!! I take my wages and write in euros the amount of my spendings and checking my credit in Euros!! Things got easier, I feel much better, so does my bank!!"

Ok now it's your turn , what about Euros?

Good luck and make it cool

Réponse: re:talking about de morenita, postée le 2004-11-17 16:16:14 (S | E)
What about pple who are not living in Europe??
Well,I know the answer,we content ourselves with reading the other ones experiences

Réponse: re:talking about de babyscot59, postée le 2004-11-17 17:58:31 (S | E)
morenita I know I forgot many people, please forgive me , I will try to find a universal subject to satisfy everybody's demands!!

Réponse: re:talking about de morenita, postée le 2004-11-17 18:02:21 (S | E)

Réponse: re:talking about de babyscot59, postée le 2004-11-18 10:14:06 (S | E)
bon je cherche mais ca va être long....

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 18-11-2004 10:17
English only

Réponse: re:talking about de babyscot59, postée le 2004-11-18 10:29:37 (S | E)
sorry your honour!!

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 18-11-2004 10:30

Réponse: re:talking about de claire1, postée le 2004-11-24 09:31:33 (S | E)
hi babyscot
In Spain The euro has changed the life of Spanish,because all the things seem more expensive!!! 1000 pesetas are 6 euros....really I don't think so but a lof of people think that...To go out in bars,restaurants is becoming more and more expensive...this is a reality,but I live in a very typical and touristic town..it's very special...
I like the euro because when I go to France I have the same money...
it is very good for me!
bye
claire1

Réponse: re:talking about de cocoon, postée le 2004-11-24 12:18:46 (S | E)
Hi everyone!
I also think the Euro is very practical, because when I travel in countries such as Italy, Austria,..., I don't have to care about exchanging the money. But there are still many countries that don't use the Euro: Hungary, (but I think they'll use the Euro next year or in 2 years), Romania, England...
The Euro means something really important for the 2 first countries I mentioned: they want to enter the European Union, but they don't know if using the Euro will be an advantage. Especially in Romania where 1 Euro = 40 000 Lei... it will change many things and prices will probably increase...

Réponse: re:talking about de babyscot59, postée le 2004-11-24 12:44:31 (S | E)
thank you,
beyond the practical advantages (and disadvantages), I think Euro is the symbol of our unity beyond our differences. Now Euro has become my currency and I am pretty proud of it!!

thanks again

Réponse: re:talking about de selgan, postée le 2004-11-30 18:31:33 (S | E)
Hello every one.
I, as did Babyscot59, would mention first the very strong symbolic aspect of the Europe. For the first time in our lives, we had in our hands a concrete and practical vision of the union of countries who had fight each other during centuries. I'm sorry though that this first practical aspect was an economical one.
About my personal experience, I too was puzzled with that new currencie.
It took me many months to(re)create a new scale of prices.
Even now I always convert in Francs, but it is much more easier for me since I've understood that 1.5 Euros Stand roughly for 10 Francs.
Last thing, prices have rised a lot in France, and undoubtedly in many other countries.
For many people in France Cents seems to not worth a lot. Some speaks about supressing cents coins. No one tells that 20 cents worth more than 1 Francs and I've never ever heard about suppressing the 1 Franc coins.
In the hope of helping and interesting non europeans people, let's say that currently 1 Euros worth roughly 1.20 Dollars. So 20 cents (Euro) worth roughly 25 US cents.
Thanks to correct my mistakes and suggest me some better sentences.
(There may be some "frappe" mistakes ??? LOL)

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux