Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Bac /mythe et héros

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac /mythe et héros
Message de damuseau posté le 09-01-2016 à 22:49:19 (S | E | F)
Bonjour tout le monde,
serait-il possible de corriger mon oral d'anglais s'il vous plait? je préfère avoir une correction sûre que des traductions bancales sur internet donc aidez moi svp s'il vous plait ! (mon oral est dans 3 jours)... Le voici:
Oral anglais Myth and hero

I am going to talk about the notion of Myths and Heroes. A myth is a tale, an account expressing the main concerns of a given people or period, and most of the time is embodied by a hero or a place. Indeed, a myth represents a culte of identity in which a nation can recognise itself. A heroe is seen as someone who does things that other people can't or won't do.
To illustrate this notion, I will focus on a founding myth of the American Nation. Is the American Dream a myth or a reality of the success point of view?
First, I will define the concept of the American Dream and of success. Secondly, I will concentrate on the character of Oprah Winfrey, a woman who embodies the American Dream and some people who illustrate success. Finally, I will try to show that the American dream and success can be called into question.

This concept finds its origin in the religious beliefs of the Pilgrim Fathers, Puritans who had fled religious persecution in England. They believed that to succeed in life, hard work was the most important thing, as well as self-discipline, and optimisn. They also considered that success was a sign of divine election, which is why Americans are not shameful about showing material success, on the contrary it is seen very positively. Self-made men or women are also part of this myth, famous magrates like steve Jobs, Bill gates or Rockfeller in the 19th century are seen as real heroes because they started from scratch and built real empires.

Some people like Oprah Winfrey embodies the American Dream, making it a reality. That is my second part. We saw this in the document names « A successful woman » .

Even though Oprah grew up in a disadvanted family in the Deep south in the 1950's and 1960's, she managed to have a career admired by all Americans. Indeed, despite a difficult childhood in segregated America, she still achieved professional success, strating as a local TV correspondent, then she climbed the corporate ladder and ended up creating her own show which was a pillar of American TV for years.

Oprah Winfrey is like a hero for many americans, because she demonstrated that the American Dream was a reality.The different between the AD and the success was the fact that some people who embodied success have not started with nothing like Donald Trump.Howewer, it is often called into question. This is my last part. 

Nowadays, the vision that people have of the American dream and of the success has changed. The American cliché of the big house with the white picket fence has now turned into a more realistic vision. Indeed, Americans dream of a more simple way of life, like having a job they enjoy and being able to support their family. All in all, the AD appears to be an individualistic notion, even though the common element in being able to get what you want though hard work.

To conclude, I'll simply say that the American Dream and the success stay a reality for some people. But it gradually becomes a myth, because of the evolution of the country. Actually, The American Dream has always been a myth for some people, excluded from the beginning to the possibility of grabing opportunities, like the african american community, for instance.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-01-2016 08:48

Réponse: Bac /mythe et héros de gerondif, postée le 10-01-2016 à 00:10:02 (S | E)
Bonjour,
certains paragraphes sans doute pris dans vos cours sont très corrects, l'expression personnelle un peu moins. Peu d’erreurs quand même!
erreurs en bleu, corrections en vert.

I am going to talk about the notion of Myths and Heroes. A myth is a tale, an account expressing the main concerns of a given people or period, and most of the time is embodied by a hero or a place. Indeed, a myth represents a culte of identity in which a nation can recognise itself. A heroe is seen as someone who does things that other people can't or won't do.
To illustrate this notion, I will focus on a founding myth of the American Nation. Is the American Dream a myth or a reality offrom the success point of view?
First, I will define the concept of the American Dream and of success. Secondly, I will concentrate on the character of Oprah Winfrey, a woman who embodies the American Dream and some people who illustrate success. Finally, I will try to show that the American dream and success can be called into question.

This concept finds its origin in the religious beliefs of the Pilgrim Fathers, Puritans who had fled religious persecution in England. They believed that to succeed in life, hard work was the most important thing, as well as self-discipline, and optimisn. They also considered that success was a sign of divine election, which is why Americans are not shameful about showing material success, on the contrary it is seen very positively. Self-made men or women are also part of this myth, famous magrates (magnates?) like steve Jobs, Bill gates or Rockefeller in the 19th century are seen as real heroes because they started from scratch and built real empires.

Some people like Oprah Winfrey embodies(some people est pluriel) the American Dream, making it a reality. That is my second part. We saw this in the document named « A successful woman » .

Even though Oprah grew up in a disadvanted family in the Deep south in the 1950's and 1960's, she managed to have a career admired by all Americans. Indeed, despite a difficult childhood in segregated America, she still achieved professional success, starting as a local TV correspondent, then she climbed the corporate ladder and ended up creating her own show which was a pillar of American TV for years.

Oprah Winfrey is like a hero for many americans, because she demonstrated that the American Dream was a reality.The difference between the AD and the (pas de the quand on catégorise ou qu'on parle en général)success was the fact that some people who embodied success have not started (mettez plutôt un prétérit) with nothing, (si vous ne mettez pas de virgule, on comprendrait que D Trump est parti de rien)like Donald Trump for example.Howewer, it is often called into question. This is my last part.

Nowadays, the vision that people have of the American dream and of the success has changed. The American cliché of the big house with the white picket fence has now turned into a more realistic vision. Indeed, Americans dream of a more simple (simpler) way of life, like having a job they enjoy and being able to support their family. All in all, the AD appears to be an individualistic notion, even though the common element in(is) being able to get what you want though hard work.

To conclude, I'll simply say that the American Dream and the success stay(verbe trop physique) a reality for some people. But it gradually becomes a myth, because of the evolution of the country. Actually, The American Dream has always been a myth for some people, excluded from the beginning to(to exclude somebody from something) the possibility of grabing (c'est comme sit sitting...) opportunities, like the african american community, for instance.

Réponse: Bac /mythe et héros de damuseau, postée le 10-01-2016 à 11:59:44 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup !!!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux