Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Power/types and sites

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Power/types and sites
Message de moona posté le 27-04-2019 à 10:37:07 (S | E | F)
Bonjour tout le monde !
J'ai écrit le script de mon oral d'anglais pour le Bac (LV1). Bien sûr je ne vais pas l'apprendre par coeur et le recracher le jour J, mais je trouve que c'est un bon entrainement pour mon expression écrite. C'est pour cela que je sollicite votre aide, pourriez-vous m'aider à corriger mes fautes afin que je puisse m'améliorer ?
Je vous en remercie d'avance.

The notion I’m going to deal with is “Power: types and sites”. To begin with, I’d just like to give a short definition of power. Power is a particular faculty, an ability to do or to act, to influence or control others. It’s a kind of strength which gives us superiority. We can think of many types of power: politics, economy, culture … even if I think they are all linked. In class we studied this notion with the story ok the USA: conquering territories and exerting power though weapons. That was more about politics but today I’d like to speak about culture and more precisely about media. What is the real power of media? In order to answer this question we will see how media are able to influence people, to control mentalities, and then why are they criticized.

First, just a short definition of media: Media are the communication tools used to deliver information or data. This definition shows two sides of media’s goal: communication and information. Thanks to new technologies media have evolved a lot during these last decades. Nowadays the majority of the population has these new technologies like smartphones or computers. Everyone could have access to news and information instantly just by looking to our screens. But I think that in many cases, media are not entirely objective. Sometimes they are not publishing neutral information but point of view, way of thinking and influence our mentalities. That’s what we’ve seen in class by studying an article from The Times called “All together for jazz and kisses”. In this text we saw that young musicians from London went on a tour to the white suburbs and black townships of South Africa. Before their first venture into a township, they had in mind many misconceptions and prejudices that were conveyed though media. They realized that what they thought were false, so that what they saw on the news are not entirely true, it’s only one side of the reality. That’s why I think that media have a very big power on mentalities.

As said before and as Malcom X explained, “the media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses”. That’s why they are criticized, but it’s also because of privacy. Media collected information about users, all data we publish on the net are saved and many times published or sold to companies. I remember a recording we heard in “Seconde”. It was an interview about privacy but I don’t remember exactly the details. What choked me was what said the journalist. Thanks to Internet he was able to give many information about his interlocutor: his phone number, address and even his credit card number. This last information is terrible because that means that everyone can have access to our private life. That’s why I totally agree with Pete Cashmore when he said: “Privacy is dead, and social media hold the smoking gun”. Media are responsible for publishing private information but who decides to put them first on the net? We have responsibilities too, we should be very careful of what we post and publish.

To conclude, we’ve seen that media have a very big power on mentalities. They connect spaces together and gives news from each part of the world but they control peoples. Their power is not only politic, economic or cultural, it’s more than that. They create a kind of addiction, it’s a vicious circle. We also saw that media are criticized because of privacy’s lost. Private information are published and can help criminals. But one thing that we should keep in mind is that we are the ones who first post information. So the question should not be what is the real power of media but who controls media?

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-04-2019 11:17

Réponse : Power/types and sites de gerold, postée le 27-04-2019 à 14:05:12 (S | E)
Bonjour Moona

Bon travail, juste quelques remarques :

The notion I’m going to deal with is “Power: types and sites”. To begin with, I’d just like to give a short definition of power. Power is a particular faculty, an ability to do or to act, to influence or control others. It’s a kind of strength which gives us superiority. We can think of many types of power: politics, economy, culture … even if I think they are all linked. In class we studied this notion with the story ok the USA: conquering territories and exerting power though weapons. That was more about politics but today I’d like to speak about culture and more precisely about media. What is the real power of media? In order to answer this question we will see how media are able to influence people, to control mentalities, and then why are they criticized. ordre des mots (question indirecte)

First, just a short definition of media: Media are the communication tools used to deliver information or data. This definition shows two sides of media’s goal: communication and information. Thanks to new technologies media have evolved a lot during these last decades. Nowadays the majority of the population has these new technologies like smartphones or computers. Everyone could peut avoir ... have access to news and information instantly just by looking to autre préposition our autre possessif ("everyone") screens. But I think that in many cases, media are not entirely objective. Sometimes they are not publishing neutral information but point pluriel of view, way idem of thinking and influence our mentalities. That’s what we’ve seen in class by studying an article from The Times called “All together for jazz and kisses”. In this text we saw that young musicians from London went on a tour to the white suburbs and black townships of South Africa. Before their first venture into a township, they had in mind many misconceptions and prejudices that were conveyed though media. They realized that what they thought were accord false, so that what they saw on the news are idem not entirely true, it’s only one side of the reality. That’s why I think that media have a very big power on mentalities.

As said before and as Malcom ortho. X explained, “the media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses”. That’s why they are criticized, but it’s also because of privacy. Media collected autre temps, action commencée dans le passé qui continue information about users, all data we publish on the net are saved and many times published or sold to companies. I remember a recording we heard in “Seconde”. It was an interview about privacy but I don’t remember exactly the details. What choked me was what said the journalist. Thanks to Internet he was able to give many uncountable noun information about his interlocutor: his phone number, address and even his credit card number. This last information is terrible because that means that everyone can have access to our private life. That’s why I totally agree with Pete Cashmore when he said: “Privacy is dead, and social media hold the smoking gun”. Media are responsible for publishing private information but who decides to put them first on the net? We have responsibilities too, we should be very careful of what we post and publish.

To conclude, we’ve seen that media have a very big power on mentalities. They connect spaces together and gives conjugaison news from each part of the world but they control peoples correct si vous voulez dire "les peuples", mais pas si le sens est "les gens". Their power is not only politic, economic or cultural, it’s more than that. They create a kind of addiction, it’s a vicious circle. We also saw that media are criticized because of privacy’s un cas possessif avec privacy? douteux lost. Private information are uncountable published and can help criminals. But one thing that we should keep in mind is that we are the ones who first post information. So the question should not be what is the real power of media ordre des mots but who controls media?

Réponse : Power/types and sites de moona, postée le 27-04-2019 à 14:20:16 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup gerold. Voici la correction (en vert)

The notion I’m going to deal with is “Power: types and sites”. To begin with, I’d just like to give a short definition of power. Power is a particular faculty, an ability to do or to act, to influence or control others. It’s a kind of strength which gives us superiority. We can think of many types of power: politics, economy, culture … even if I think they are all linked. In class we studied this notion with the story of the USA: conquering territories and exerting power though weapons. That was more about politics but today I’d like to speak about culture and more precisely about media. What is the real power of media? In order to answer this question we will see how media are able to influence people, to control mentalities, and then why they are criticized.

First, just a short definition of media: Media are the communication tools used to deliver information or data. This definition shows two sides of media’s goal: communication and information. Thanks to new technologies media have evolved a lot during these last decades. Nowadays the majority of the population has these new technologies like smartphones or computers. Everyone can have access to news and information instantly just by looking at his (everyone compte pour singulier ou pluriel?) screens. But I think that in many cases, media are not entirely objective. Sometimes they are not publishing neutral information but points of view, ways of thinking and influence our mentalities. That’s what we’ve seen in class by studying an article from The Times called “All together for jazz and kisses”. In this text we saw that young musicians from London went on a tour to the white suburbs and black townships of South Africa. Before their first venture into a township, they had in mind many misconceptions and prejudices that were conveyed though media. They realized that what they thought was false, so that what they saw on the news is not entirely true, it’s only one side of the reality. That’s why I think that media have a very big power on mentalities.

As said before and as Malcolm. X explained, “the media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses”. That’s why they are criticized, but it’s also because of privacy. Media are collecting information about users, all data we publish on the net are saved and many times published or sold to companies. I remember a recording we heard in “Seconde”. It was an interview about privacy but I don’t remember exactly the details. What choked me was what said the journalist. Thanks to Internet he was able to give information about his interlocutor: his phone number, address and even his credit card number. This last information is terrible because that means that everyone can have access to our private life. That’s why I totally agree with Pete Cashmore when he said: “Privacy is dead, and social media hold the smoking gun”. Media are responsible for publishing private information but who decides to put them first on the net? We have responsibilities too, we should be very careful of what we post and publish.

To conclude, we’ve seen that media have a very big power on mentalities. They connect spaces together and give conjugaison news from each part of the world but they control people. Their power is not only politic, economic or cultural, it’s more than that. They create a kind of addiction, it’s a vicious circle.
We also saw that media are criticized because of privacy’s un cas possessif avec privacy? douteux lost. Je ne savais pas trop comment dire, je ne voulais pas utiliser "of" deux fois de suite
Private information is published and can help criminals. But one thing that we should keep in mind is that we are the ones who first post information. So the question should not be what the real power of media is but who controls media.

Voilà, j'espère que c'est juste.

Réponse : Power/types and sites de gerold, postée le 27-04-2019 à 16:55:49 (S | E)
The notion I’m going to deal with is “Power: types and sites”. To begin with, I’d just like to give a short definition of power. Power is a particular faculty, an ability to do or to act, to influence or control others. It’s a kind of strength which gives us superiority. We can think of many types of power: politics, economy, culture … even if I think they are all linked. In class we studied this notion with the story of the USA: conquering territories and exerting power though weapons. That was more about politics but today I’d like to speak about culture and more precisely about media. What is the real power of media? In order to answer this question we will see how media are able to influence people, to control mentalities, and then why they are criticized.

First, just a short definition of media: Media are the communication tools used to deliver information or data. This definition shows two sides of media’s goal: communication and information. Thanks to new technologies media have evolved a lot during these last decades. Nowadays the majority of the population has these new technologies like smartphones or computers. Everyone can have access to news and information instantly just by looking at his (everyone compte pour singulier ou pluriel?) deux possibilités: his or her, un peu lourd, ou their, qui permet d'éviter le problème du genre screens. But I think that in many cases, media are not entirely objective. Sometimes they are not publishing plutôt un présent simple, ils ne sont pas "en train" de le faire neutral information but points of view, ways of thinking and influence our mentalities. That’s what we’ve seen in class by studying an article from The Times called “All together for jazz and kisses”. In this text we saw that young musicians from London went on a tour to the white suburbs and black townships of South Africa. Before their first venture into mieux : in a township, they had in mind many misconceptions and prejudices that were conveyed though media. They realized that what they thought was false, so that what they saw on the news is not entirely true, it’s prétérit (pour la cohérence avec realized etc. ) only one side of the reality. That’s why I think that media have a very big power on mentalities.

As said before and as Malcolm. X explained, “the media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses”. That’s why they are criticized, but it’s also because of privacy. Media are collecting information about users, all data we publish on the net are saved and many times published or sold to companies. I remember a recording we heard in “Seconde”. It was an interview about privacy but I don’t remember exactly the details. What choked = étouffer, confusion avec un autre mot me was what said the journalist ordre des mots. Thanks to Internet he was able to give information about his interlocutor: his phone number, address and even his credit card number. This last information is terrible because that means that everyone can have access to our private life. That’s why I totally agree with Pete Cashmore when he said: “Privacy is dead, and social media hold the smoking gun”. Media are responsible for publishing private information but who decides to put them first on the net? We have responsibilities too, we should be very careful of autre préposition (être prudent avec ce qu'on fait de qqchose) what we post and publish.

To conclude, we’ve seen that media have a very big power on mentalities. They connect spaces together and give news from each mieux ici : autre mot pour "chaque" part of the world but they control people. Their power is not only politic, economic or cultural, it’s more than that. They create a kind of addiction, it’s a vicious circle.
We also saw that media are criticized because of privacy’s un cas possessif avec privacy? douteux lost. Je ne savais pas trop comment dire, je ne voulais pas utiliser "of" deux fois de suite la répétition de "of" n'est pas gênante, mais "lost" est une forme verbale, pas un nom
Private information is published and can help criminals. But one thing that we should keep in mind is that we are the ones who un peu lourd, suggestion: we first post ... en accentuant fortement le "we" first post information. So the question should not be what the real power of media is but who controls media.

Réponse : Power/types and sites de moona, postée le 27-04-2019 à 17:27:44 (S | E)
Encore merci, voilà mes corrections.

First, just a short definition of media: Media are the communication tools used to deliver information or data. This definition shows two sides of media’s goal: communication and information. Thanks to new technologies media have evolved a lot during these last decades. Nowadays the majority of the population has these new technologies like smartphones or computers. Everyone can have access to news and information instantly just by looking at their, qui permet d'éviter le problème du genre screens. But I think that in many cases, media are not entirely objective. Sometimes they don't publish neutral information but points of view, ways of thinking and influence our mentalities. That’s what we’ve seen in class by studying an article from The Times called “All together for jazz and kisses”. In this text we saw that young musicians from London went on a tour to the white suburbs and black townships of South Africa. Before their first venture in a township, they had in mind many misconceptions and prejudices that were conveyed though media. They realized that what they thought was false, so that what they saw on the news was not entirely true, it was only one side of the reality. That’s why I think that media have a very big power on mentalities.

As said before and as Malcolm. X explained, “the media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses”. That’s why they are criticized, but it’s also because of privacy. Media are collecting information about users, all data we publish on the net are saved and many times published or sold to companies. I remember a recording we heard in “Seconde”. It was an interview about privacy but I don’t remember exactly the details. What shoked me was what the journalist said. Thanks to Internet he was able to give information about his interlocutor: his phone number, address and even his credit card number. This last information is terrible because that means that everyone can have access to our private life. That’s why I totally agree with Pete Cashmore when he said: “Privacy is dead, and social media hold the smoking gun”. Media are responsible for publishing private information but who decides to put them first on the net? We have responsibilities too, we should be very careful with what we post and publish.

To conclude, we’ve seen that media have a very big power on mentalities. They connect spaces together and give news from every part of the world but they control people. Their power is not only politic, economic or cultural, it’s more than that. They create a kind of addiction, it’s a vicious circle. We also saw that media are criticized because of loose of privacy. Private information is published and can help criminals. But one thing that we should keep in mind is that we first post information. So the question should not be what the real power of media is but who controls media.

Voilà

Réponse : Power/types and sites de gerold, postée le 28-04-2019 à 09:39:47 (S | E)
Bonjour Moona

plus que quelques points à corriger :

First, just a short definition of media: Media are the communication tools used to deliver information or data. This definition shows two sides of media’s goal: communication and information. Thanks to new technologies media have evolved a lot during these last decades. Nowadays the majority of the population has these new technologies like smartphones or computers. Everyone can have access to news and information instantly just by looking at their screens. But I think that in many cases, media are not entirely objective. Sometimes they don't publish neutral information but points of view, ways of thinking and influence our mentalities. That’s what we’ve seen in class by studying an article from The Times called “All together for jazz and kisses”. In this text we saw that young musicians from London went on a tour to the white suburbs and black townships of South Africa. Before their first venture in a township, they had in mind many misconceptions and prejudices that were conveyed though media. They realized that what they thought was false, so that what they saw on the news was not entirely true, it was only one side of the reality. That’s why I think that media have a very big power on mentalities.

As said before and as Malcolm. X explained, “the media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses”. That’s why they are criticized, but it’s also because of privacy. Media are collecting information about users, all data we publish on the net are saved and many times published or sold to companies. I remember a recording we heard in “Seconde”. It was an interview about privacy but I don’t remember exactly the details. What shoked shocked me was what the journalist said. Thanks to Internet he was able to give information about his interlocutor: his phone number, address and even his credit card number. This last information is terrible because that means that everyone can have access to our private life. That’s why I totally agree with Pete Cashmore when he said: “Privacy is dead, and social media hold the smoking gun”. Media are responsible for publishing private information but who decides to put them first on the net? We have responsibilities too, we should be very careful with what we post and publish.

To conclude, we’ve seen that media have a very big power on mentalities. They connect spaces together and give news from every part of the world but they control people. Their power is not only politic, economic or cultural, it’s more than that. They create a kind of addiction, it’s a vicious circle. We also saw that media are criticized because of loose the loss of privacy (loose est un adj. qui signifie desserré, mal fixé). Private information is published and can help criminals. But one thing that we should keep in mind is that we first post information. So the question should not be what the real power of media is but who controls media.

Bonne chance.

Réponse : Power/types and sites de moona, postée le 28-04-2019 à 13:50:34 (S | E)
Encore merci pour les corrections, voilà le texte une dernière fois corrigé.

First, just a short definition of media: Media are the communication tools used to deliver information or data. This definition shows two sides of media’s goal: communication and information. Thanks to new technologies media have evolved a lot during these last decades. Nowadays the majority of the population has these new technologies like smartphones or computers. Everyone can have access to news and information instantly just by looking at their screens. But I think that in many cases, media are not entirely objective. Sometimes they don't publish neutral information but points of view, ways of thinking and influence our mentalities. That’s what we’ve seen in class by studying an article from The Times called “All together for jazz and kisses”. In this text we saw that young musicians from London went on a tour to the white suburbs and black townships of South Africa. Before their first venture in a township, they had in mind many misconceptions and prejudices that were conveyed though media. They realized that what they thought was false, so that what they saw on the news was not entirely true, it was only one side of the reality. That’s why I think that media have a very big power on mentalities.

As said before and as Malcolm. X explained, “the media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses”. That’s why they are criticized, but it’s also because of privacy. Media are collecting information about users, all data we publish on the net are saved and many times published or sold to companies. I remember a recording we heard in “Seconde”. It was an interview about privacy but I don’t remember exactly the details. What shocked me was what the journalist said. Thanks to Internet he was able to give information about his interlocutor: his phone number, address and even his credit card number. This last information is terrible because that means that everyone can have access to our private life. That’s why I totally agree with Pete Cashmore when he said: “Privacy is dead, and social media hold the smoking gun”. Media are responsible for publishing private information but who decides to put them first on the net? We have responsibilities too, we should be very careful with what we post and publish.

To conclude, we’ve seen that media have a very big power on mentalities. They connect spaces together and give news from every part of the world but they control people. Their power is not only politic, economic or cultural, it’s more than that. They create a kind of addiction, it’s a vicious circle. We also saw that media are criticized because of the loss of privacy. Private information is published and can help criminals. But one thing that we should keep in mind is that we first post information. So the question should not be what the real power of media is but who controls media.

Voilà

Réponse : Power/types and sites de gerold, postée le 30-04-2019 à 07:36:28 (S | E)
Bonjour Moona

Je ne vois plus rien à changer à votre texte. Bonne chance pour l'oral.

Réponse : Power/types and sites de moona, postée le 30-04-2019 à 07:43:28 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup gerold

Réponse : Power/types and sites de gerold, postée le 30-04-2019 à 17:14:02 (S | E)
De rien, c'était avec plaisir.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux