Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Playing with words/ 52

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Playing with words/ 52
Message de here4u posté le 09-02-2024 à 13:18:43 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Friends!

Voici votre nouveau challenge ! "Playing and working with words"... La date limite pour cet exercice est fin février 2024. Je suis, cette fois encore, un peu en retard pour poster ce sujet. Désolée, vraiment ! mais je sais que vous êtes toujours très inventifs...
Je vous rappelle que cet exercice a des règles qui doivent être respectées. Lisez-les bien si vous ne les connaissez pas ! Ce travail est loin d'être un jeu... mais il peut être très ludique... Il vous laisse également toute liberté de choisir votre thème !

Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, + a given structure and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE. "Easy", isn't it? (In fact, it's more easily said than done and advanced learners or natives can step in!! )

- You CANNOT change the nature of the words!
- You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively!

PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THE GIVEN WORDS! [and specify the number of words at the end.]

Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/ [...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens. (Il ne doit y avoir qu'UN SEUL POINT dans votre phrase - à la fin.) Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, mais courte... Je le répète : elle doit avoir un sens et sa logique interne !
Cet exercice est TRES difficile, c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne devez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).

Pour que chacun ait la possibilité de travailler avec nous, cet exercice a des niveaux différents. Vous pouvez choisir celui qui vous convient :
Le niveau fera une seule phrase en moins de 80 mots.
Le niveau une seule phrase et toujours 60 mots, au plus.
Le niveau **, pour les plus habiles, fera une phrase de moins de 40 mots...
I'm sure you'll have inspiration...

Here are the words:

- To WATCH - To NOTICE - RELUCTANCE - a SURPRISE - STRONG - STRAIGHT - IN ORDER TO (one word) - UNLIKE - et une conjonction de subordination temporelle !
Lien internet

C'est parti pour une " très jolie phrase correcte et courte ! "
May THE FORCE be with all of us! ☀️ ☀️

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de happynutmeg13, postée le 11-02-2024 à 10:37:35 (S | E)
Hello !
Thank you for the new challenge !
My sentence :

I NOTICED your clear RELUCTANCE to come home STRAIGHT after work, which was quite UNLIKE your habits, and IN ORDER TO wait TILL you get home, I made you a SURPRISE, preparing a STRONG, good meal while WATCHING TV. 37 words

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de icare29, postée le 11-02-2024 à 11:55:20 (S | E)
Hello dear Here4u .... here is my sentence.

- To WATCH - To NOTICE - RELUCTANCE - a SURPRISE - STRONG - STRAIGHT - IN ORDER TO (one word) - UNLIKE - et une conjonction de subordination temporelle !

The museum curator says with a STRONG accent : " UNLIKE other times , IN ORDER TO admire those wonders ,go STRAIGHT without RELUCTANCE ,WHEN you WATCH that famous painting you will NOTICE its smallest details and a SURPRISE will await you " . 38 words.

thanks a lot for your correction and relevant observations

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de port58, postée le 15-02-2024 à 18:14:54 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, and thanks again for this new exercise.
Here is my sentence:
WHILE I was WATCHING my dog, I NOTICED he was going STRAIGHT, with RELUCTANCE, and UNLIKE he used to do IN ORDER to cope with a strong SURPRISE. (28 words)

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de here4u, postée le 20-02-2024 à 14:54:54 (S | E)
Hello, all of you!

Still a lot of time to rack your brains!

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de mad14, postée le 22-02-2024 à 11:15:53 (S | E)
Good morning Here4U

I NOTICED a man WATCHING me insistently, UNLIKE me his portliness was STRONGER, to my SURPRISE I recognized him; he walked STRAIGHT towards me IN ORDER TO kiss me, I did it with RELUCTANCE thinking about covid.

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de littlerene24, postée le 26-02-2024 à 10:55:30 (S | E)
Hello Here4u

AFTER I WATCHED him closely, IN ORDER TO make a STRAIGHT opinion , i NOTICE with SURPRISE that he may do the business, UNLIKE the STRONG an numerous RELUCTANCE I had. (30 words)

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de here4u, postée le 28-02-2024 à 11:07:59 (S | E)
Hello dears,

La fin de ce mois court approche : voici vos productions avec les indications d'erreurs et les suggestions. Comme d'habitude, j'ai essayé de changer le moins possible d'éléments de vos productions initiales pour ne pas trop risquer de vous trahir.

- I NOTICED your clear RELUCTANCE to come home STRAIGHT after work, which was quite UNLIKE your habits, and IN ORDER TO wait TILL you get home, I made (prepared/ planned ?) (you) a SURPRISE (for you), preparing/ cooking) a STRONG, good meal while WATCHING TV. 37 words
Très bien ! Bravo !

- The museum curator says/ said with a STRONG accent: " UNLIKE other times, IN ORDER TO admire those wonders, go STRAIGHT without RELUCTANCE; WHEN you WATCH that famous painting you will NOTICE its smallest details and a SURPRISE will await you". 38 words.
J’ai juste modifié la ponctuation légèrement. Bravo. C’est très bien !

- WHILE I was WATCHING my dog, I NOTICED he was going STRAIGHT, with(out)[serait plus logique !] RELUCTANCE, and UNLIKE what he used to do IN ORDER to cope with a strong SURPRISE. (28 words)
Très bien. Un coup d’essai, un coup de maître !

- I NOTICED a man WATCHING me insistently; UNLIKE me/ mine, his portliness was STRONGER, ( ;) to my SURPRISE I recognized him; he walked STRAIGHT towards me IN ORDER TO kiss me, I did it with RELUCTANCE thinking about covid. 37 words)
(He was STRONG, and UNLIKE what I imagined, to my SURPRISE…)
Très bien (mais je n’ai pas trop aimé : «his portliness was STRONGER» qui n’est pas naturel, ne se dirait pas… /his build/ stature?)

- AFTER I WATCHED/ WATCHING him closely, IN ORDER TO make a STRAIGHT opinion , i/ I NOTICEd with SURPRISE (that he may do the business)/ he may fit the bill), UNLIKE/ in spite of conviendrait mieux…) the STRONG (anD numerous ?)/ understandable ?/ plain ?/ RELUCTANCE I had. (30 words)
Pas toujours clair ! Unlike ne convient pas vraiment ici. Un bon essai cependant.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- I NOTICED your clear RELUCTANCE to come home STRAIGHT after work, which was quite UNLIKE your habits, and IN ORDER TO wait TILL you get home, I prepared you a SURPRISE, cooking a STRONG, good meal while WATCHING TV. 37 words

- The museum curator said with a STRONG accent: " UNLIKE other times, IN ORDER TO admire those wonders, go STRAIGHT without RELUCTANCE; WHEN you WATCH that famous painting you will NOTICE its smallest details and a SURPRISE will await you " . 38 words.

- WHILE I was WATCHING my dog, I NOTICED he was going STRAIGHT, without RELUCTANCE, and UNLIKE what he used to do, IN ORDER to cope with a strong SURPRISE. (28 words)

- I NOTICED a man WATCHING me insistently; UNLIKE mine, his portliness was STRONGER/ (greater ?); to my SURPRISE I recognized him; he walked STRAIGHT towards me IN ORDER TO kiss me, I did it with RELUCTANCE, thinking about covid. 37 words)

- AFTER WATCHING him closely, IN ORDER TO make a STRAIGHT opinion , I NOTICED with SURPRISE that he may fit the bill, UNLIKE (in spite of) the STRONG understandable RELUCTANCE I had. (28 words)

Voilà ! beaucoup de temps passé, je le sais ! Beaucoup de bonnes choses fournies ! de vos efforts et encore bravo !

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de port58, postée le 28-02-2024 à 22:31:32 (S | E)
Thanks a lot Here4u for the corrections! Regarding mine, i agree with WITHOUT

-------------------
Modifié par port58 le 28-02-2024 22:31

Réponse : Playing with words/ 52 de happynutmeg13, postée le 03-03-2024 à 12:08:58 (S | E)
Many thanks for your work Here4U ! I wish you the best !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux