Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Playing with words/49

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Playing with words/49
Message de here4u posté le 14-11-2023 à 10:51:15 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Friends!

Sorry, sorry, sorry! I seem to have forgotten to post the new exercise... and I'm sure Icare and other fans are champing at the bit!
It will be a short PLAY ON WORDS but a very rich one, I'm sure!

Voici votre nouveau challenge ! "Playing and working with words"... La date limite pour cet exercice est fin novembre 2023.
Je vous rappelle que cet exercice a des règles qui doivent être respectées. Lisez-les bien si vous ne les connaissez pas ! Ce travail est loin d'être un jeu... mais il peut être très ludique... Il vous laisse également toute liberté de choisir votre thème!

Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, + a given structure and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE. "Easy", isn't it? (In fact, it's more easily said than done and advanced learners or natives can step in!! )

- You CANNOT change the nature of the words!
- You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively!

PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THE GIVEN WORDS! [and specify the number of words at the end.]

Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/ [...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens. (Il ne doit y avoir qu'UN SEUL POINT dans votre phrase - à la fin.) Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, mais courte... Je le répète : elle doit avoir un sens et sa logique interne !
Cet exercice est TRES difficile, c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne devez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).
Pour que chacun ait la possibilité de travailler avec nous, cet exercice a des niveaux différents. Vous pouvez choisir celui qui vous convient :
Le niveau fera une seule phrase en moins de 80 mots.
Le niveau une seule phrase et toujours 60 mots, au plus.
Le niveau **, pour les plus habiles, fera une phrase de moins de 40 mots...
I'm sure you'll have inspiration...

Here are the words:

- To JOIN - To UTTER - a SHIVER - ANGUISH - STIFF - BRIEF - STILL - UNTIL - et un adjectif composé.

Lien internet

C'est parti pour une " très jolie phrase correcte et courte ! "
May THE FORCE be with all of us! ☀️ ☀️

Réponse : Playing with words/49 de amalia80, postée le 14-11-2023 à 13:38:21 (S | E)
Hello Here4u !
Here's my sentence; Thanks a lot for the corrections.
The BLUE-EYED girl JOINED her hands, and waited in ANGUISH among the STILL crowd, UNTIL they UTTERED the names of the Dead; then she felt BRIEF but strong SHIVERS and fell STIFF on the ground. 36 words

Réponse : Playing with words/49 de icare29, postée le 15-11-2023 à 19:18:30 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u here is my sentence .

- To JOIN - To UTTER - a SHIVER - ANGUISH - STIFF - BRIEF - STILL - UNTIL - et un adjectif composé.

Unable to UTTER a word, gripped by ANGUISH , in STIFF attitude Raymond entered the room with a slight SHIVER ,and JOINED his BIG- HEADED opponent who was waiting for him for playing a BRIEF chess party until the bitter end
39 words

Thanks a lot for your correction and your relevant observations

Réponse : Playing with words/49 de littlerene24, postée le 19-11-2023 à 20:17:41 (S | E)
Sorry, I had forgotten some capitals.

What ANGUISH, I STILL have SHIVERS, impossible to UTTER anything, UNTIL I have a STIFF and HEARTWARMING drink just before JOINING the group for a BRIEF meeting. (27 words)

Réponse : Playing with words/49 de happynutmeg13, postée le 20-11-2023 à 16:34:25 (S | E)
Hello and thank you for the game !
My sentence:

The woman JOINED the group, still unable to UTTER a word nor to suppress a BRIEF SHIVER of ANGUISH, UNTIL discovering that the STIFF body on the pavement, with the GOLD-RIMMED glasses on its side, didn't belong to her husband.

Réponse : Playing with words/49 de here4u, postée le 29-11-2023 à 11:42:03 (S | E)
Hello dears,

Still a few more hours to post your wonderful sentence!

Réponse : Playing with words/49 de here4u, postée le 30-11-2023 à 15:54:10 (S | E)
Hello!

Last day of the month... I'll post your corrected sentences...

If ever one (or several) of you happen to feel like posting their sentences, please do... I'll add them to the list!

Les quelques corrections apportées l'ont surtout été pour répondre aux règles du " jeu "! [Je vous rappelle : deux mots "imposés" ne peuvent pas se suivre dans votre phrase ! ]
J'ai aussi enlevé, parfois, des mots excédentaires - qui n'apportaient rien ou peu à votre phrase - pour parvenir à la phrase la plus courte possible ! J'espère ne pas vous avoir ( trop ) trahis !

- The BLUE-EYED girl JOINED her hands, and waited in ANGUISH among the STILL crowd, UNTIL they UTTERED the names of the Dead; then she felt BRIEF but strong SHIVERS and fell STIFF on the ground. 36 words. TTB BRAVO, vraiment **

- Unable to UTTER a word, gripped by ANGUISH, in (A STIFF attitude Raymond entered the room with a slight SHIVER, and JOINED his BIG-HEADED opponent who was waiting for him (for playing a BRIEF chess party until the bitter end. 39+1 words TTB, Bravo
Pour exprimer un but, 'to play' serait plus usuel. An attitude/ a stiff attitude.

- What ANGUISH, I STILL have SHIVERS, impossible to UTTER anything, UNTIL I have a STIFF and HEARTWARMING drink just before JOINING the group for a BRIEF meeting. (27 words) TTB. BRAVO ! **

- The woman JOINED the group, still unable to UTTER a word, (nor to suppress juste pour gagner des mots !) simply feeling a BRIEF (but strong) SHIVER of ANGUISH, and UNTIL discovering that the STIFF body on the pavement, with the GOLD-RIMMED glasses (on its side,) (didn't belong to (wasn’t her husband’s.) her husband. 42 words.
Dans la " course à la phrase courte ", il était possible d'alléger la phrase ! Mais TTB.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- The BLUE-EYED girl JOINED her hands, and waited in ANGUISH among the STILL crowd, UNTIL they UTTERED the names of the Dead; then she felt BRIEF yet strong SHIVERS and fell STIFF on the ground… (36 words) -

- Unable to UTTER a word, gripped by ANGUISH, in a STIFF attitude Raymond entered the room with a SHIVER ,and JOINED his BIG- HEADED opponent who was waiting for him to play a BRIEF chess party until the bitter end. (40 words) -

- I STILL have SHIVERS, impossible to UTTER anything, UNTIL I have a STIFF and HEARTWARMING drink just before JOINING the group for a BRIEF meeting ; What ANGUISH ! (27 words) -

- The woman JOINED the group, still unable to UTTER a word, simply feeling a BRIEF yet strong SHIVER of ANGUISH, and UNTIL discovering that the STIFF body on the pavement, with the GOLD-RIMMED glasses, wasn’t her husband’s. (39 words) -

Bravo à tous et de cet excellent travail !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux