Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Rack your brains and help!/82

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 12-11-2020 à 21:14:48 (S | E | F)
Hello, dear Friends,

PLEASE, HELP MY POOR STUDENT...

Je me suis donné beaucoup de mal pour vous trouver un texte que j'ai remanié, raccourci le plus possible et qui ne me semble pas difficile ... et j'espère que vous allez partir ... et arriver à la chasse aux fautes !
Ce sujet est moins "austère" que le précédent (Je l'aimais bien, moi, pourtant ... et le trouvais intéressant ... ) celui-ci est plus anecdotique ...
C'est toujours un et sa correction sera en ligne le vendredi 27 novembre tard. Allez, courage, mon Student a besoin de vous, ... et moi aussi ...

Attention, malgré ses efforts, mon élève a "oublié" 13 fautes !

To find ways to attract new business opportunities and investors is never easy a task for any town, especially in today’s hypercompetitive, global market. But that mission gets even more tough when you happen to be named after a carcinogenic mineral banned in nearly 60 countries. Such is the blight of Asbestos, a small French-Canadian community in south-eastern Quebec, Canada. “One of our economic development employees was in the US last year for a congress, looking for international opportunities; people were even refusing his business card because Asbestos was written on it, and they thought that maybe even the card was dangerous. When you start off like that, it’s not great.”
Such snobs have now driven Asbestos to drastic measures. Between 14-18 October, its 6,800 residents will vote to rename it either L'Azur-des-Cantons, Jeffrey-sur-le-Lac, Larochelle, Phénix, Trois-Lacs and Val-des-Sources. It is an expensive process but the town’s leaders are convinced it will yield benefits up the line./// END OF PART ONE /// “We are losing great business opportunities just because of our name ; It’s very sad.” It was not always so. A once-coveted mineral, asbestos was mined in the town for more than a century, for use in construction and manufacturing industries. The gigantic 2kms-wide Jeffrey Mine created thousands well-paid jobs in the community, shaping its development and identity. In 2011, the Jeffrey Mine was closed for good. “It would be relatively straightforward for a prospective investor looking to move there to discover that this was the town formerly known as Asbestos,” “You can’t bury that history as easily, then the following day wake up, and it’s a new town.” In the upcoming vote, Asbestos residents are not being given the option of sticking with the existing name, even though some still object about the name change. Managing such emotions sensitively will be important if the town is to reinvent itself successfully. You have to consider the perspective of the locals to the place, why they are defensive of that name and want to keep it./// END of PART 2 ///
Asbestos’ councillors say that the main vision behind the name change is to improve the prospects for the future generation, and they expect the benefits emerging over the course of a decade or more – which is why they have fixed the voting age at 14. “We’re very realistic about it. We don’t expect that there will be a big miracle and suddenly everyone’s going to come here. We feel the positive impact will be seen in five, maybe 10 years, which is why we’re involving the following generation. Those young people are going to live in this town for much longer than we are. For their sakes, when you lose one job because of your town’s name, it’s one too much. We believe that by changing the name, we are turning toward the future, and creating the toolbox to go forward and have a good economic development.”/// END of the Text ///

Allez ! C'est parti ! À l'aide, s'il vous plait ... We need YOU and hope THE FORCE WILL BE WITH YOU... 💪

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/82 de magie8, postée le 15-11-2020 à 11:19:20 (S | E)
hello , bonjour tout le monde , je vais bien , j'espère vous retrouver tous en bonne forme
voici ma correction READY TO CORRECT

FINDING ways to attract new business opportunities and investors is never AN easy task for any town, especially in today’s hypercompetitive, global market. But that mission gets even THOUGHER when you happen to be named after a carcinogenic mineral banned in nearly 60 countries. Such is the PLIGHT of Asbestos, a small French-Canadian community in south-eastern Quebec, Canada. “One of our economic development employees was in the US last year for a congress, looking for international opportunities; people were even refusing his business card because Asbestos was written on it, and they thought that maybe even the card was dangerous. When you start off like that, it’s not great.”
Such SNUBS have now driven Asbestos to drastic measures. Between 14-18 October, its 6,800 residents will vote to rename it either L'Azur-des-Cantons, Jeffrey-sur-le-Lac, Larochelle, Phénix, Trois-Lacs and Val-des-Sources. It is an expensive process but the town’s leaders are convinced it will yield benefits DOWN the line./// END OF PART ONE /// “We are losing great business opportunities just because of our name ; It’s very sad.” It was not always so. A once-coveted mineral, asbestos was mined in the town for more than a century, for use in construction and manufacturing industries. The gigantic 2KM-WIDE Jeffrey Mine created thousands OF well-paid jobs in the community, shaping its development and identity. In 2011, the Jeffrey Mine was closed for good. “It would be relatively straightforward for a prospective investor looking to move there to discover that this was the town formerly known as Asbestos,” “You can’t bury that history THAT( or SO) easily), then the following day wake up, and it’s a new town.” In the upcoming vote, Asbestos residents are not being given the option of sticking with the existing name, even though some still object TO the name change. Managing such emotions sensitively will be important if the town is to SUCCESSFULLY reinvent itself . You have to consider the perspective of the locals to the place, why they are defensive of that name and want to keep it./// END of PART 2 ///
Asbestos’ councillors say that the main vision behind the name change is to improve the prospects for the future generation, and they expect the benefit TO EMERGE over the course of a decade or more – which is why they have SET the voting age at 14. “We’re very realistic about it. We don’t expect that there will be a big miracle and suddenly everyone’s going to come here. We feel the positive impact will be seen in five, maybe 10 years, which is why we’re involving the NEXT generation. Those young people are going to live in this town for much longer than we are. For their sakes, when you lose one job because of your town’s name, it’s one too MANY. We believe that by changing the name, we are turning toward the future, and creating the toolbox to go forward and have a good economic development.”/// END of the Text ///

bon courage à tous , je ferai la traduction de la 1ere partie

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/82 de taiji43, postée le 17-11-2020 à 17:04:07 (S | E)
Dear Here4U
Here is my correction.
Are you going to send me an OK or a red devil ?

READY TO BE CORRECTED

FINDING ways to attract new business opportunities and investors is never AN easy task for any town, especially in today’s hypercompetitive, global market. But that mission gets even more tough THOUGHER when you happen to be named after a carcinogenic mineral banned in nearly 60 countries. Such is the PLIGHT of Asbestos, a small French-Canadian community in south-eastern Quebec, Canada. “One of our economic development employees was in the US last year for a congress, looking for international opportunities; people were even refusing his business card because Asbestos was written on it, and they thought that maybe even the card was dangerous. When you start off like that, it’s not great.”

Such SNUBS ??? rebuffades) ???have now driven Asbestos to drastic measures. Between 14-18 October, its 6,800 residents will vote to rename it either L'Azur-des-Cantons, Jeffrey-sur-le-Lac, Larochelle, Phénix, Trois-Lacs and Val-des-Sources. It is an expensive process but the town’s leaders are convinced it will yield benefits
DOWN the line (down the line = plus tard)./// END OF PART ONE ///

“We are losing great business opportunities just because of our name ; It’s very sad.” It was not always so. A once-coveted mineral, asbestos was mined in the town for more than a century, for use in construction and manufacturing industries. The gigantic 2KM -wide Jeffrey Mine created thousands well-paid jobs in the community, shaping its development and identity. In 2011, the Jeffrey Mine was closed for good.

“It would be relatively straightforward for a prospective investor looking FOR ou SEEKING TO SETTLE to move there to discover that IT was the town formerly known as Asbestos,” .” “You can’t bury that history THAT (aussi) easily, then the following OK or THE NEXT day wake up, and it’s a new town.” In the upcoming vote, Asbestos residents are not being given the option of sticking with the existing name, even though some still object TO the name change. Managing such emotions sensitively will be important if the town is to reinvent itself successfully. You have to consider the perspective of the locals to the place, why they are defensive of that name and want to keep it./// END of PART 2 ///

Asbestos’ councillors say that the main vision behind the name change is to improve the prospects for the future generation, and they expect the benefits TO EMERGE over the course of a decade or more – which is why they have fixed the voting age at 14. “We’re very realistic about it. We don’t expect( that there will be a big miracle) A BIG MIRACLE TO BE THERE and suddenly everyone’s going to come here. We feel the positive impact will be seen in five, maybe 10 years, which is why we’re involving the following OK OR THE NEXT generation. Those young people WILL live (prédiction plus éloignée dans le futur) in this town for much longer than we are. For their sakes when you lose one job because of your town’s name, it’s one too much. We believe that by changing the name, we are turning toward OK or TOWARDS the future, and creating the toolbox to go forward OR FORWARDS and have a good economic development.”/// END of the Text ///

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/82 de here4u, postée le 17-11-2020 à 17:38:43 (S | E)
Even when you "make me suffer" and I post " or/ and ", I'm totally admiring all the work you're giving me... even if I expect a lot (too much perhaps, sorry! )

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/82 de joe39, postée le 17-11-2020 à 18:50:38 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
I hereunder present you my try, ready to be checked.
13 mistakes

FINDING - 1 ways to attract new business opportunities and investors is never AN EASY TASK - 2 for any town, especially in today’s hypercompetitive, global market. But that mission gets even THOUGHER -3 when you happen to be named after a carcinogenic mineral banned in nearly 60 countries. Such is the PLIGHT – 4 of Asbestos, a small French-Canadian community in south-eastern Quebec, Canada. “One of our economic development employees was in the US last year for a congress, looking for international opportunities; people were even refusing his business card because Asbestos was written on it, and they thought that maybe even the card was dangerous. When you start off like that, it’s not great.”

Such SNUBS - 5 have now driven Asbestos to drastic measures. Between 14-18 October, its 6,800 residents will vote to rename it either L'Azur-des-Cantons, Jeffrey-sur-le-Lac, Larochelle, Phénix, Trois-Lacs and Val-des-Sources. It is an expensive process but the town’s leaders are convinced it will yield benefits DOWN - 6 the line./// END OF PART ONE ///

“We are losing great business opportunities just because of our name ; It’s very sad.” It was not always so. A once-coveted mineral, asbestos was mined in the town for more than a century, for use in construction and manufacturing industries. The gigantic JEFFREY MINES WIDE 2 KMS - 7 created thousands OF - 8 well-paid jobs in the community, shaping its development and identity.
In 2011, the Jeffrey Mine was closed for good. “It would be relatively straightforward for a prospective investor looking to move there to discover that this was the town formerly known as Asbestos,” “You can’t bury that history SO -9 easily, then the following day wake up, and it’s a new town.”
In the upcoming vote, Asbestos residents are not being given the option of sticking with the existing name, even though some still object about the name change. Managing such emotions sensitively will be important if the town is to SUCCESSFULLY - 9 reinvent itself. You have to consider the perspective of the locals to the place, why they are defensive of that name and want to keep it./// END of PART 2 ///

Asbestos’ councillors say that the main vision behind the name change is to improve the prospects for the future generation, and they expect the benefits TO EMERGE- 11 over the course of a decade or more – which is why they have SET - 12 the voting age at 14. “We’re very realistic about it. We don’t expect that there will be a big miracle and suddenly everyone’s going to come here. We feel the positive impact will be seen in five, maybe 10 years, which is why we’re involving the NEXT- 12 generation. Those young people are going to live in this town for much longer than we are. For their sakes, when you lose one job because of your town’s name, it’s one too MANY - 13. We believe that by changing the name, we are turning toward the future, and creating the toolbox to go forward and have a good economic development.”/// END of the Text ///

I wish you, thanking a lot, a pleasant evening, dear friend. Take care.
So long
Joe 39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 24-11-2020 11:02

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/82 de alpiem, postée le 21-11-2020 à 03:34:50 (S | E)

FINDING ways to attract new business opportunities and investors is never easy a task for any town, especially in today's hypercompetitive global market.
But that mission gets even TOUGHER when you happen to be named after a carcinogenic mineral banned in nearly 60 countries.
Such is the PLYGHT of Asbestos, a small French-Canadian community in south-eastern Quebec, Canada.
?One of our economic development employees was in the US last year for a congress, looking for international opportunities; people were even refusing his business card because Asbestos was written on it, and they thought that maybe even the card was dangerous. When you start off like that, it's not great.?
Such snobs have now driven Asbestos to drastic measures. Between 14-18 October, 6,800 residents will vote to rename it either L'Azur-des-Cantons, Jeffrey-sur-le-Lac, Larochelle, Phénix, Trois-Lacs and Val-des-Sources.
It is an expensive process but the town's leaders are convinced it will yield benefits up the line./// END OF PART ONE ///

?We are losing great business opportunities just because of our name ; It's very sad.? It was not always so.
A once-coveted mineral, asbestos HAS BEEN mined in the town for more than a century, for use in construction and manufacturing industries. The gigantic 2kms-wide Jeffrey Mine HAD created thousands well-paid jobs in the community, shaping its development and identity.
In 2011, the Jeffrey Mine was closed for good. ?It would be relatively straightforward for a prospective investor looking to move there to discover that this was the town formerly known as Asbestos,? ?You can't bury that history as easily, then the following day WOULD wake up, and it's a new town.?
In the upcoming vote, Asbestos residents are not being given the option of sticking TO the existing name, even though some still object about the name change.
Managing such emotions sensitively will be important if the town WERE to reinvent itself successfully.
You have to consider the perspective of the locals IN the place, why they are defensive of that name and want to keep it./// END of PART 2 ///

Asbestos' councillors say that the main vision behind the name change is to improve the prospects for the future generation, and they expect XXX benefits emerging over the course of a decade or more ? which is why they have fixed the voting age at 14.
?We're very realistic about it. We don't expect that there will be a big miracle and suddenly everyone's going to come here.
We feel the positive impact will be seen in five, maybe 10 years, which is why we're involving the following generation. Those young people are going to live in this town for much longer than we are.
For their sakes, when you lose one job because of your town's name, it's one too much.
We believe that by changing the name, we are turning toward the future, and creating the toolbox to go forward and have a good economic development.?/// END of the Text ///

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 22-11-2020 20:43

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 22-11-2020 20:53

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/82 de maxwell, postée le 22-11-2020 à 08:24:15 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Hello Here4U

I'm running out of time, so after proofreading 4 times at least, I think I've found enough mistakes and I won't read it another time because I also intend to participate in your Ex 191 before the due time... Thanks anyway!

Help My Student:
FINDING ways to attract new business opportunities and investors is never easy a task for any town, especially in today’s hypercompetitive, global market. But that mission gets even TOUGHER when you happen to be named after a carcinogenic mineral banned in nearly 60 countries. Such is the PLIGHT of Asbestos, a small French-Canadian community in south-eastern Quebec, Canada. “One of our economic development employees was in the US last year for a congress, looking for international opportunities; people were even refusing THEIR business card because Asbestos was written on it, and they thought that maybe even the card was dangerous. When you start off like that, it’s not great.”
Such snobs have now driven Asbestos to drastic measures. Between 14-18 October, its 6,800 residents will vote to rename it either L'Azur-des-Cantons, Jeffrey-sur-le-Lac, Larochelle, Phénix, Trois-Lacs OR Val-des-Sources. It is an expensive process but the town’s leaders are convinced it will yield benefits DOWN the line./// END OF PART ONE ///

“We are losing great business opportunities just because of our name ; It’s very sad.” It HAS not always BEEN so. A once-coveted mineral, asbestos HAS BEEN mined in the town for more than a century, for use in construction and manufacturing industries. The gigantic 2 KM-wide Jeffrey Mine created thousands OF well-paid jobs in the community, shaping its development and identity. In 2011, the Jeffrey Mine was closed for good. “It would be relatively straightforward for a prospective investor looking to move there to discover that this was the town formerly known as Asbestos,” “You can’t bury that history THAT easily, then the following day wake up, and it’s a new town.” In the upcoming vote, Asbestos residents are not being given the option of sticking with the existing name, even though some still object TO the name change. Managing such emotions sensitively will be important if the town is to reinvent itself successfully. You have to consider the perspective of the locals to the place, why they are defensive of that name and want to keep it./// END of PART 2 ///

Asbestos’S councillors say that the main vision behind the name change is to improve the prospects for the future generation, and they expect the benefits TO EMERGE over the course of a decade or more – which is why they have fixed the voting age at 14. “We’re very realistic about it. We don’t expect that there will be a big miracle and suddenly everyone’s going to come here. We feel the positive impact will be seen in five, maybe 10 years, which is why we’re involving the following generation. Those young people are going to live in this town for much longer than we are. For their SAKE, when you lose one job because of your town’s name, it’s one too MANY. We believe that by changing the name, we are turning toward the future, and creating the toolbox to go forward and have a good economic development.”/// END of the Text ///

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/82 de chocolatcitron, postée le 25-11-2020 à 01:11:25 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 12-11-2020 à 21:14:48 (S | E | F) 27 novembre
Hello my dear Here4u, thanks!
Hi Everybody!

IN PROGRESS : NOT FINISHED YET !

PLEASE, HELP MY POOR STUDENT...

Here is my work:

THE FORCE WILL BE WITH YOU... 💪☀️❤️

-------------------
Modifié par chocolatcitron le 25-11-2020 18:22

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Arithmétique | Avec cours | Calculs | Calculs littéraux | Conversions | Enfants | Equations | Fonctions | Fractions | Géométrie | Jeux | Nombres | Nombres relatifs | Opérations | Plusieurs thèmes | Problèmes | Statistiques | Tests de niveaux | Vecteurs

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.