Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Look after/take care of

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Look after/take care of
Message from anuesther posted on 01-08-2017 at 22:00:46 (D | E | F)
Hello,
Could you help me please?
Thank you for any reply.

I believe these two phrases - 'look after' and 'take care of' have the same meaning.
But isn't there any slight difference?
I can *look after* myself
or
I can *take care of* myself

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 01-08-2017 22:15

Re: Look after/take care of from mah, posted on 02-08-2017 at 05:41:36 (D | E)
Hello everybody!
Take care of and look after are almost the same:
Take care of yourself/sb/sth: to keep yourself /sb/sth safe from injury,illness,danger,etc.
My mother took care of me when I was ill. She always takes great care of her books.

Look after sb/sth/yourself : to be responsible for or take care of sb/sth/yourself.
I want to go back to work if I can find somebody to look after the children.
I hope the examples help. Best regards

Re: Look after/take care of from anuesther, posted on 04-08-2017 at 17:55:50 (D | E)
This really helps! Thank you!

Re: Look after/take care of from sousou18, posted on 08-08-2017 at 21:26:30 (D | E)
hi everybody!
"look after (someone/something)" and "take care of (someone/something)" are often interchangable but sometimes one fits the context better than the other. For instance when saying goodbye, you could say "Take care!", but you wouldn't say "Look after!" as it would seem incomplete. You would have to add "yourself" at the end
have a fun day!

Re: Look after/take care of from musab, posted on 11-08-2017 at 14:51:25 (D | E)
Thank you, helpful !

Re: Look after/take care of from dussantha, posted on 13-08-2017 at 17:10:36 (D | E)
This is really helpful. Thank you!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux