Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Bac/Spaces and exchanges

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Spaces and exchanges
Message de fafnir posté le 16-04-2017 à 11:53:18 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Je suis élève en Terminale S et je passe mes oraux d'anglais début mai.
J'ai préparé la notion "Spaces and exchanges" et j'aurais aimé savoir s'il était possible que quelqu'un m'indique les fautes pour que je puisse les corriger.
Merci d'avance!

The notion I’m going to deal with is spaces and exchanges. First of all, an exchange is the act of giving and receiving something else in return. It can also be seen as a continuous movement or circulation. There are different kinds of exchanges : media, people or trade. Nowadays, the different spaces of the world are more and more connected to each other. To illustrate this notion, I will talk about the effect of the Internet on our daily life. We may wonder how the Internet has changed the way we communicate. First I will reflect on the fact that technology allows us to meet new people or to get in touch with an old friend. Then I will explain why it can helps to rally people to a cause. Finally, I will explain why technology can symbolyse individualism.

To begin with, there is no denying that a large part of the population uses the Internet on a daily basis. It brings more exchanges between people. Indeed, it's a fast and easy way to communicate with other people from all around the world. For instance, we spoke about the website Couchsurfing, which enables you to sleep at somebody's place. The users compare themselves to a giant family who has one goal : to meet new people. It shows that the Internet can create connections between people from Australia, the USA, Pakistan, Germany and many more countries. Moreover, technology can help us to get in touch with old friends. For example, we can find this old friend on social networks. On top of that, it can be easier for people like Emma, the girl from FriendsRevisited.com, to speak with this person through a screen.

Then, it's generally agreed that the Internet allows us to defend a cause, which is important for us. To illustrate this idea I would refer to a text taken from “Eat, Pray, Love”, written by Elizabet Gilbert, in which a woman asks her friends and family through the Internet to give her money to buy a house for Indonesians instead of giving her gifts or a stupid birthday party. It shows that we can help people from the other side of the world thanks to the Internet.

However, we have to consider the seamy side of modern technology. Nowadays, technology can symbolise individualism. For instance, we analysed a picture of a group of young people who were in a bar. What was striking about this photo was the fact that all of them were phoning instead of chatting together. This picture depicts our society : people can be addicted to their phone or computers and they withdraw into themselves.

To sum it up, it seems to me that the Internet is useful to communicate with people from all around the world, to get in touch with an old friend or to raise awareness about a cause or a problem. But even if it has a lot of advantages, one must not forget that the fact of always staring at our screens is maybe not the best solution.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-04-2017 14:57

Réponse : Bac/Spaces and exchanges de lucile83, postée le 17-04-2017 à 08:49:20 (S | E)
up

Réponse : Bac/Spaces and exchanges de laure95, postée le 17-04-2017 à 17:50:05 (S | E)
Bonsoir,
- the internet: pas de the.
- the website Couchsurfing: inverser l'ordre des mots.
- Indonesians: Indonesian people.

Réponse : Bac/Spaces and exchanges de fafnir, postée le 18-04-2017 à 12:32:12 (S | E)
Bonjour, merci beaucoup
Donc ce serait : "the Couchsurfing website" ?

Réponse : Bac/Spaces and exchanges de lucile83, postée le 18-04-2017 à 13:40:42 (S | E)
oui

Réponse : Bac/Spaces and exchanges de fafnir, postée le 18-04-2017 à 21:12:00 (S | E)
D'accord, merci et bonne soirée

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux