Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Myths and Heroes/oral

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Myths and Heroes/oral
Message de soph22 posté le 07-05-2016 à 11:07:19 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
voici ma fiche pour mon oral d'anglais, pouvez-vous me corriger si vous trouvez des erreurs s'il vous plaît ?
Merci beaucoup pour vos réponses !

Myhts and Heroes
I am going to talk about the notion of myths and heroes. First of all, I would like to give a quick definition of the notion. A myth is a traditional story concerning the early history of a people, and involving supernatural beings or events. Then a hero is someone who is admired because of his or her courage, outstanding achievement or noble qualities. He's admired for his human qualities.
To speak about this notion, I've chosen to speak of the place of hero in society. In my argumentation, I'll try to answer the question : “How can an ordinary person make the world a better place? ”.
First I'll try to say heroes allow us to dream , then we'll see they are a model of achievement for society.

First, we can be a hero through our dream job. Indeed a dream job is not something that can be defined with a single word, but the sum of many different aspects related to your work, life and personality. A dream job is doing what you absolutely love to do and make you feel happy .
To ilustrate this point I'm going to speak about a person who manage to make us escape from our daily lives, and created an emotion in us. This person is Stephen King. He's a a famous american writer and he create a strong emotion in these novels, like Carrie, Shining or 22/11/63 . He's an icon in the writing and many young writers are dreaming to be as good and to have as much success in this field. He became famous worldwide.
Moreover others people become heroes through their involvement in a cause.
For instance, Gandhi is the emblematic figure of the independance of India. His personnality made a great impact on people thanks to his human qualities : modest, humble.. He embodies the non-violent desobedience and the peace in the world. He does not hesitate to put themselves in danger to others. Gandhi's personnality make him a hero !

All these heroes make us dream, and we would like to become like them. But how did they do to succeed?

First of all, some people have to make sacrifices to achieve their purposes. They started from nothing and become true symbols of success for the world.
To illustrate this point, J K Rowling is the perfect example of a rags to richies story. For many years struggled as a single mother living on benefits. After writing the first draft of Harry Potter she was rejected by many leading publishers. However, once published, Harry Potter soon became one of the best selling books on record making J.K.Rowling one of the best paid modern writers. Forbes estimated she was the first billionaire writer. She is also a fantastic activist who makes poeple aware of humanitarian causes.
Also, Money, fame and recognition, allow people to act sometimes as hero.
Like Bill Gates, is remarkable programmer, he allows an easy access to data processing. His career is very impressive. He is a billionnaire, he gives huge amounts of money to charity (and create his own charity). He is the most famous Americain buisness man worldwide.

To conclude, heroes may be famous, but they can also be ordinary people who were put into extraordinary circumstances and behaved heroically. Ronald Reagan saids « We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone» . It's true. The heroes that I mentionned earlier have changed our society, our life in their own way. We all have someone that we can consider as a hero.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 07-05-2016 11:08

Réponse: Myths and Heroes/oral de laure95, postée le 12-05-2016 à 14:16:43 (S | E)
Bonjour,
- To speak about this notion, I've chosen to speak of the place of hero (pluriel) in society.

- a person who manage (faute de conjugaison)to make us escape from our daily lives,
- american (majuscule)writer and he create (faute de conjugaison) a strong emotion
- to be as good (as him)and to have as much success in this field.
- Moreover others (pas de 's)people become heroes through their involvement in a cause.
- He does not hesitate (passé)to put themselves (pas la bonne forme) in danger to others. Gandhi's personnality make (faute de conjugaison)him a hero !

- But how did they do to succeed?: mal construit: to succeed = réussir

- They started from nothing and become (present perfect) true symbols of success for the world.
- richies (orthographe)story.
- For many years (sujet)struggled as a single mother living on benefits.
- Like Bill Gates,(sujet) is (article)remarkable programmer

- Ronald Reagan saids: conjugaison.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux