Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Oral/Idea of Progress

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/Idea of Progress
Message de cfrsc posté le 10-04-2016 à 21:40:46 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
je suis en Terminale S et j'aimerais bien, si possible avoir des avis sur l'oral que j'ai préparé pour la notion d'Idée de progrès.
Merci pour vos réponses.

I'm going to talk about the notion Idea of progress. A progress can be define as a development or a change. It can be a technological, scientific or social advance in order to make the world a better place. Here, I'm going to talk about the social advance with the rights of women. How did the women's rights improve over the past century ? In the first part, I'll talk about the place of women in the society during the 60's, then I'll talk about how they fought for their rights and finally I'll talk about their place in our society today.

In this part, I'm going to talk about the women in the 60's. During this period, women stayed at home while their husband were working in the aim to bring money. Women were only there to cook, clean or take care of the kids. In class we studied an ad for Kenwood Chef in which the catch phrase was "The chief does everything but cook, that's what wives are for !". It means that women were only good at cooking and their place was in the kitchen. In this ad, the woman is leaning on her husband : it shows that without men, women can't have a great life. Even when women worked, they had a lower pay. 
Because of this, women started to fight for their rights. We saw the trailer of the movie "Made in Dagenham". In this trailer we could see an ordinary woman who wanted equality of the sexes. She seemed determined and started determinations and strikes. To fight against the inequality between men and women, the feminism movement has been created. Feminism is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.
This fight has been succesful because in today's world, men and women have the exact same rights and can do the same jobs or follow the same studies. A lot of women are very powerful like Angela Merkel for exemple or influential like Oprah Winfrey who is a famous TV host who runs a talk show in the US. We also can talk about Hillary Clinton who is a candidate for being president of the United States, which was uninimaginable in the 60's. It shows how much the society has changed. 
To conclude, we can say that in the last century, women depended on their husband : he was earning the money while she was at home, doing nothing. But the women fought to change it and now the society has changed and women can be as powerful as men and have the same rights.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-04-2016 23:38
Mise en forme standard

Réponse: Oral/Idea of Progress de cfrsc, postée le 10-04-2016 à 21:44:04 (S | E)
Demonstrations et pas determinations dans la deuxieme partie désolée

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux