Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Bac/Lieux et formes de pouvoir

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Lieux et formes de pouvoir
Message de benjidelamuerte posté le 09-04-2016 à 16:02:30 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
je suis élève de Terminale s et j'aimerais avoir une correction de votre part pour mon travail effectué sur cette notion, n'hésitez pas à me donner des conseils sur celle-ci si vous voulez..
Merci d'avance et bon courage !

I am going to talk about the notion of locations and forms of power. 
For me, the power is the ability to control others, events, or ressources ,the ability to make things happen despite obstacles, resistance, or opposition. This of course leads to conflict between those who have power and those who don’t. I’m going to talk about India because it’s a country which is changing rapidly. I feel this notion is best illustrated by trying to see if all citizens are on equal footing in India today. Are all citoyens on an equal footing in modern India ? First, we’re going to see there are inequalities among citizens. Then, we’re going to speak about the inequalities among men and women. Finally, we’re going to see the evolution of India society.

First, India is divided into four unequal hereditary social castes: it’s the cast system.  As we can see in the document “ The Dalits”, if someone was born in one of these castes, he can’t change or marry someone belonging to another cast. The Dalits is the lowest caste because they are only allowed certain jobs such as cleaners, cobblers. Even the cast system is forbidden, it still exists in rural areas and more precisely, still exists discrimination against Dalits. In fact, they are obliged to use specific eating places, schools, temples and water sources. Today, there are 170 million Dalits in India and over 40 percent survive on less than 2 dollars a day.  It’s the first form of inequalities among citizens in India. If exist inequalities among citizens, exist also inequalities among men and women.

Then, as we can see in the document “50 millions girls missing” in India today, there are inequalities between men and women. Indeed, like the dowry tradition. When Indian girl prepare to marry, their families have to give a dowry or a gift to the future husband’s family.  If after the wedding, the girl’s family has not paid the dowry, the woman is subject to torture and sometimes even killed. More of this, India knows a demographic problem: there are more men than women in India because a lot of girls are killed at their birth because of many reasons: a boy is financially more attractive, for family names or for a better standard of living. For me, it's a gendercide because 600000 girls go missing every year.

Finally, for me India is a country in evolution. In fact, we seen that farms giving way to factories, ultra-cheap cars being built, and the women were becoming breadwinners through microcredit and decentralized manufacturing. As we can see in the document “ changing india”, the womens have good jobs and the mentality of the majority of Indians has changed because you rarely meet an Indian untouched by it. Moreover, the children of the lower caste can go to school and get a diploma easier than before.

To conclude, India has many inequalities in her population in particular between men and women but also between all citizens. Every year there are many crimes against women and many still live in poverty. However, for several years India is changing and attitudes that make the country moves towards modernity.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-04-2016 17:33

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux