Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Oral/forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/forms of power
Message de dedeberassen posté le 11-01-2015 à 20:04:37 (S | E | F)
Bonjour , je suis en terminale S et j'aurais besoin d'aide pour corriger mon oral de Bac ..
Merci d'avance !

Hello ! i have chosen to deal with the idea of seats and forms of power .. Owing to the plurality of different kinds of power , i have preferred to take especially an interest on this concept through the sociology. In fact , it appears to me that in our society we don’t talk enough about the socials disparities which are nevertheless truly presents nowadays. So , to define this social power, we can say that it refers to the ability of an individual actor (or collective actor )to control the terms of an exchange relationship so that it be favorable for him . Moreover an institution or a building can represent the actor. To illustrate this notion, we have studied in class the matter of University which is a topical and controversal subject . So , i’ve asked myself :
To what extent the rise of tuition fees shows that the university itself holds a social power ? and what are its consequences ?

In September 2010 in England , the tuition fees have increased .It was due to a vote of parliament. and this rise of 10 000$ induced a big student demonstration in london . Some testimonies say that it’s to pay teachers , material and to finance researches . But actually , in my opinion i think it is just to cut the nation’s gap . Universities’ budgets have been reduced , so they drink . The state acts in it own interest as if we don’t pay enough taxes .. It’s incredible . Moreover ; it means that he doesn’t care about concecuencies ..

Indeed , they are very important .

First of all , it has a massive impact on lower-income families . Peoples who can’t go to university are dropping out and the rise reduces the poor people to stay in their society class without having the chance to improve their quality of life . They can’t afford the price of tuition fees .
Then , although there are helps such as grants , scholarships ; not all students can benefit it . This is the case for the medium social class for exemple and It’s really unfair.
Sport can also be an alternative, because it’s very important for the unviversities , to made publicity , well-known reputation.. to make talking in fact
After , it excists others solutions as borrow from the bank , contract a loan , get add jobs etc..But it’s not enough . at the end of their studies , a lot of students are in debt .

So , this therefor causes some socials disparities .
On the one hand , going to university is a good way to meet other people who are from different social classes . That’s why , removing the limit of tuition fees reduces the diversity of people because the wealthy students are more able to go to university than others.
On the other hand , the rise creates an other disparity between poor and rich through the accessibility to studies which is not made possible for students who comes from lower-income families. Because , in fact ; the university gives an other power which is not social here , thanks to the higher education. It permits to obtain a degree , and to prepare these young adults to the job responsability and therefore , to assure more surely the stability of their future life. There is no equality .

To conclude ; the university holds really a social power , because she is an institution of the state ; and him , it controls and increases the tuition fees in order to cut the gap . This is an act just by interest which induces heavy consequences. And theses ones are the rise of socials disparities between different socials classes .
I doom this power which makes damages and i think that peoples should talk more about this curse of segregation . Also in France, university is inexpensive and all social classes can access at higher education. This system is more democratic than in England. Power is defines by a dominant and dominated

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 11-01-2015 21:22

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux