Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Test /snugly

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Test /snugly
Message de gilllou posté le 17-12-2014 à 14:22:21 (S | E | F)
Hello,
in test 107150, I have a problem understanding the sentence: "Let me get into my sweats and my SNUGLY scarf"
What does sweats mean here? sweater? and,according to the lexicographers, snugly is an adverb and the adjective should be snug.
Thank you for your enlightenment.
Regards.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-12-2014 15:43

Réponse: Test /snugly de gerondif, postée le 17-12-2014 à 14:44:28 (S | E)
Hello,
you are right, snugly, adverb, is wrong. To be right, it should apply to the verb and be placed at the end of the sentence.
a sweat-shirt, probably, becomes "my sweats", or a track-suit, because of the plural (2 pieces of clothing).

a double click on sweats gives;
sweats survêtement nm

Réponse: Test /snugly de lucile83, postée le 17-12-2014 à 15:49:41 (S | E)
Hello,
I think it was a typo and I modified that sentence. The sign * was in the wrong place apparently.
Thanks.
Note you can report an error with a special button at the end of the correction.

Réponse: Test /snugly de violet91, postée le 17-12-2014 à 20:15:35 (S | E)

Hello ,
You can use a snuggly blanket for you or a baby : something soft , warm and comfortable you wear or for the baby to feel cuddled in a way , as you say a cuddly toy and a cuddly person , a snuggly kitten ...
The scarf you are speaking of must be very warm and protective .
Have a good evening .

-------------------
Modifié par violet91 le 17-12-2014 23:03

thanks sherry , that is what I meant , as it seems obvious the person wants to change clothes and feel warm and protected , probably for a ride( or else ) in the cold open air

Réponse: Test /snugly de lucile83, postée le 17-12-2014 à 21:22:14 (S | E)
Hello,
Sorry but when typing snugly it comes to snug adjective in 2 well-known dictionaries.
Lien internet

Lien internet

Lien internet

and they confirm snugly as an adverb.

Réponse: Test /snugly de sherry48, postée le 17-12-2014 à 22:09:48 (S | E)
Hello.
It's possible there may be a spelling issue here. When something fits snugly, it's a bit tight. However, if you double the g, you get the sense of being comfortable, which is the sense that violet91 had in mind, and makes more sense here.
Sherry

-------------------
Modifié par sherry48 le 17-12-2014 22:10
Lien internet

Réponse: Test /snugly de lucile83, postée le 17-12-2014 à 23:37:54 (S | E)
Hello,
I changed the sentence this way:
Let me sit in my snuggly dressing gown and watch TV.
The issue was about a typo, one G or two G. Luckily enough violet changed snugly into snuggly in her previous message, and sherry gave me a clue.
Snugly is an adverb meaning cosily or tight.
Snuggly is an adjective meaning cosy or cuddly
Lien internet

Lien internet

Anyway it was a complicated word

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux