Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Aide/Myths and Heroes

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Aide/Myths and Heroes
Message de docmogrog posté le 24-11-2014 à 21:54:27 (S | E | F)
Bonsoir,
je dois mettre à l'écrit ce que je présenterai au Bac d'anglais sur le premier thème de l'année. Voici mon introduction et ma première partie. Pouvez-vous me dire ce que vous en pensez et me dire s'il y a des fautes ?
Merci pour vos réponses.

Hello, Today I am going to talk about “Myths and Heroes”, the first notion we studied this year.
Since Antiquity and even Prehistoric times, there have been Legends and famous persons in whom people believed. It was probably the hard life that pushed men to imagine and create myths and heroes.
To introduce the notion of heroes, I will quote Christopher Reeve, who played the role of Superman between 1978 and 1987. He said :”A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles”. A myth is a traditional story related to a country’s culture and history.
If myths and heroes are present in all societies since Antiquity, they probably have different specificities depending on the cultures and the historical period they are and were anchored in. In my presentation today, I will try to answer the following question: In what direction heroes and myths have evolved? Do they represent a society’s values and concerns?
Firstly, I’m going to talk about the evolution of myths and heroes from Prehistoric time to this day and age and then, I’m going to myths and heroes as a factor of social cohesion.

So, as I said, myths and heroes have changed significantly throughout the ages.
Heroes were often represented as strong, courageous, brave, unstoppable. They were warrior like Hercules or Ulysse in Antiquity and the Arthurian Legends in Medieval times. At this time, the war was very important, and the stronger we were, more respected we were. Since Modern Times, intellectuals and social heroes are far more important. For example Louis Pasteur, renowned for his discovery of the principle of vaccination, or Marie Curie, who conduct pioneering research on radioactivity have a greater impact on our societies than war heroes. It's remarkable that women take a largest place in our societies than before. It is probably the change of mindset in societies that cause this developments of type of heroes.
More recently, a type of heroes has spread : the social Heroe. Obviously, they exist for a long time as we can see with Gandhi and Martin Luther King, but now, everyone can be a social hero. For example, Derrick Kayongo and Amy Stokes nominated from CNN Heroes Tribute. They are both normal persons, one was extremely, the other was an ordinary American woman. They each found their association to help destitute people and help them to have a better life. I think that this type of heroes is very important in these days of inequality and in a world where people becoming more and more selfish.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 24-11-2014 22:56

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux