Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Correction/ Exposé

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Correction/ Exposé
Message de elconjugue posté le 04-11-2014 à 13:16:10 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
j'ai un exposé oral à faire sur le héros de notre choix. Pourriez-vous corriger ce que j'ai déjà fait SVP s'il vous plaît? Merci d'avance.

Intro :
Hello. The person I've chosen to present to you is Nikola Tesla. He's considered as a great scientist of the 19th and the 20th century . He obtained around 300 patents worldwide for his inventions, largely on electricity and magnetism. Many of them are wrongly assigned to Thomas Edison, like incandescent lamp.

To begin, I think it's good to make a little biography of him.
He was born in 1856, in Smilijan, in Austrian Empire, in modern-day Croatia. In 1882, Tesla began working for Edison in Paris, and went to New-York 2 year later, where he invented the alternating current which solved many problems. Tesla resigned Edsion Company in 1885 , after a conflict with Edison. In 1888, he started to work for George Westinghouse, a big competitor of Edison . A big struggle began between Westinghouse-Tesla and Edison, nicknamed « war of currents ». For exemple, Edison electrocuted animals with Tesla'devices using alternating currents to prove that it was dangerous. In 1893, Westinghouse bought many of Tesla patents for $200,000 and Tesla resigned Westinghouse company. He died in 1943 in New York, alone and poor.

The most popular inventions he has done are Radar, radiocommunications and he began researches in informatic in 1900.

I admire Tesla a lot, because he was ahead of his time. Many of his inventions are already used, and many scientists of the 2nd part of XXth century were surprised that Tesla have outstripped them. Tesla also made big researches in free energy, it's a theory that the energy, can move through the air by ether contained in the atmosphere. It may solve many problems and it's really a big hope for humanity.

CCL:Tesla was a genius, who completely changed the world with his inventions, even if some scientists took Tesla's credit. I think he was one of the most important and biggest scientist of the last century, and I hope his visions will become reality.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 04-11-2014 13:36

Réponse: Correction/ Exposé de lucile83, postée le 05-11-2014 à 17:15:34 (S | E)
Anyone?

Réponse: Correction/ Exposé de clod, postée le 05-11-2014 à 18:15:05 (S | E)
Hi,
it was quite good. I've just made it sound more "natural"... Good luck!

Hello. The person I've chosen to present to you is Nikola Tesla. He's considered one of the great scientists of the 19th and 20th centuries. He obtained around 300 patents worldwide for his inventions, largely related to electricity and magnetism. Many of these inventions, such as the incandescent lamp, are wrongly attributed to Thomas Edison.

I will start with a short biography of Tesla.
He was born in 1856, in Smilijan, in a part of the Austrian Empire which is now Croatia. In 1882, Tesla began working for Edison in Paris. He went to New-York 2 year later and invented the alternating current which was the solution to many problems. Tesla resigned after a conflict with Edison. In 1888, he started to work for George Westinghouse, one of Edison's competitors. A big struggle which became knows as the War of Currents, began between Westinghouse-Tesla and Edison. During that time for example, Edison electrocuted animals with Tesla's devices using alternating current to prove that it was dangerous. In 1893, Westinghouse bought many of Tesla's patents for $200,000 and Tesla resigned from the company. He died in 1943 in New York, poor and alone.

His most popular inventions were the radar and radio communication. He started research on "information technology" in 1900.

I have a lot of admiration for Tesla because he was ahead of his time. Many of his inventions are still in use and many scientists of the 2nd half of the 20th Century were surprised that Tesla had a headstart on them. Tesla also made big advances researching "free energy", a theory that energy can move through the air via the ether contained in the atmosphere. This may come to solve many problems and is really a big hope for humanity.

CCL:Tesla was a genius, who completely changed the world with his inventions, even if some scientists took the credit. I think he was one of the most important and biggest scientists of the last century, and I hope his visions will become reality.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 05-11-2014 18:41
Please just mention where the mistakes are. You have got a message from me.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux