Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Mail/ room on campus

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Mail/ room on campus
Message de kastor posté le 08-07-2014 à 05:52:12 (S | E | F)
Hi everyone,

I have written a mail to my university, asking if they have rooms available on the campus,but I haven't had an answer yet, so this morning I'm sending them another email, saying :
"I applied few days ago but I haven't been replied yet."
Is that grammatically correct ?!
Thanks you for any reply.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-07-2014 08:12
No red on the forum, thanks.

Réponse: Mail/ room on campus de here4u, postée le 08-07-2014 à 09:45:14 (S | E)
Hello
If you want people to feel like answering, you should be less blunt ...

Dear Sir or Madam,
A few days ago, I applied for a room in a dorm on your campus. Would you kindly tell me whether you are studying my appication (I understand there are many) and if I should send a deposit to finalize the process.
Looking forward to hearing from you, I thank you for your reply.
Yours Thankfully,
xx

You must be aware of the fact a University is flooded with thousands of applications and relatively few dorms ...In the Summer, they are busy with foreign groups to be accommodated ... Give them time ... You should also be prepared to share a room (with a snoring a messy roommate) at first ... but I know many students who left without having a reply and having paid for the required accommodation ...
Be patient, ready to be flexible ... and know that you'll always find another student to put you up if need be !

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-07-2014 14:20
That is far off the subject,sorry. It was not necessary to write a whole mail and do the work

Réponse: Mail/ room on campus de bluestar, postée le 08-07-2014 à 10:30:45 (S | E)
Hello,

The problem is that e-mails, however politely worded, are all too easily ignored in a busy office. I'd say it would be better for you to get someone who speaks English to call the University on your behalf.

Réponse: Mail/ room on campus de here4u, postée le 08-07-2014 à 13:35:59 (S | E)
Hello!
yes, calling is a great idea ! provided you have the right number of the person in charge ... You can try both ...

Réponse: Mail/ room on campus de kastor, postée le 10-07-2014 à 16:36:24 (S | E)
Thanks for all your replies. I went through the office and they were studying my application. And I have my room

Despite my 'rude' email haha.
and thank you Bluestar but even if I still make mistakes I do speak english enough to speak on my behalf haha
See you !

Réponse: Mail/ room on campus de lucile83, postée le 10-07-2014 à 17:12:46 (S | E)
Really glad you could have a room!!
I wish you a very nice stay over there

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux