Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Oral/ Espace et Echanges

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/ Espace et Echanges
Message de nourelhouda posté le 21-04-2014 à 20:26:14 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Je vais bientôt passer mon oral et je voudrais avoir quelques conseils sur ma fiche, il ne devrait pas y avoir beaucoup d'erreurs mais j'aimerais avoir des propositions qui font plus "anglais".
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses.

Intro synonym de sometimes et aller de l’avant
I’m going to talk about space and exchanges. I will use 3 documents: 2 texts and 1 picture. The documents are mainly about immigration to the United States.

How was in the case of U.S's immigrants the change of space ?
First of all , I would like to remind that immigrants ran away from their country to America surching for values as Liberty, Democracy .
These values are embodied by the statue of Liberty.
Well, my first document will be the photograph of the Statue of Liberty striking the entry to the American space. Statue which guided the poor to a better world. It was given as a present by France to the Americans to celebrate the American Declaration of Independence centenary. The statue was inaugurated in 1786.

With my second document which is an extract from the autobiography of Seymour Reichtzeit entitled A boy’s journey, we learn that the Immigrants ( the Poles, the Germans) came with their own languages and cultures. They were going to become Americans( their names were sometimes changed to seem American ) and to take over a new space. They brought their cultures , their customs , their ways of life and were as a result going to change America.
Nevertheless, most of them had in order to achieve, to face a lot hassles/hardships , particallary during the journey.
Here , we have the story of an eight-year-old Polish and Jewish immigrant, who is going through medicals and psychological examinations on Ellis Island. Then, he begins a new life in his new country and becomes a hit sanger in Yiddish ( Jewish language ). He even sings for the president Calvin Coolidge who helps him to bring his family who has stayed in POLAND. Later, he achieves ( = parvenir ) , making his family coming from Poland to the U-S.
Finally , some of these immigrants , came with their children , and had therefore to sow the seeds of integration , so that their children could be able to feel American, which was sometimes hard.
My last document is an excerpt “Dear Mom and Dad ” a letter from Haibinh Nguyen to her parents. The exchange and the occupation of a new space is at times painful when we have been pressurized ( y été constraint ) into making it .
In this text , a young “ Vietnamese- American” speaks about her parents tribulations by blending in this new society which doesn't understand their speech.
She devotes nonetheless, admiration to her parents who gave her, taste of work, nerve (= the courage) to go ahead, she indeed walked upon the college path, to occupy this new cultural and educational space, despite she fells at times despondent.
Thus, she will be different from her parents, as she becomes “ Vietnamese-American” by keeping her Vietnamese customs ( she enjoys the Vietnamese cook , that her mother prepared her )and will contribute to model the space of the American society . Therefore she gives and gets (or receives) .
To conclude , I would like to remind that occupation of America by the immgrants took a long time and demanded a lot of sacrifices and persistence to blend in the American society.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 21-04-2014 21:05

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux