Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Correction /The Portrait

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Correction /The Portrait
Message de expresval posté le 07-01-2014 à 23:52:18 (S | E | F)
Bonjour tout le monde,
j'aimerais que quelqu'un corrige l'essai que je viens de terminer et qui est à rendre pour demain (je suis trop procrastinateur). J'espère qu'il y aura une âme charitable pour me relire et me corriger à cette heure-ci, et si oui je la remercie 1000 fois d'avance.
Le sujet était :
“The portrait and the person portrayed are two entirely different things” Jose Ortega y Gasset
DO you agree with this statement ? Why ? Why not ?

Mon travail :
A portrait is the representation of someone. It can be a painting, a photograph or other likeness of an individual. It can be a text too. In fact the portrait is a visual description of a person or of his personality. Through the sentence of Jose Orlega y Gasset we can ask: should the portrait be the exact reflection of someone ? Our first part will focus on the idea of exact representation in the portrait and in our second part we will support the thought of differences between the portrait and the person portrayed.

The portrait is the representation of someone. It must be the most realistic possible in order that the person portrayed may be recognizable. In this feeling we could think the person and his portrait are the same thing. Normally the photograph should be the most faithful representation of the feature of somebody. However this way of thinking seems a bit naïve to me. In fact a photograph is a representation of the subject at a given moment. It is a fixed thing while the subject evolves in the time, is alive and likely to change and get older. So after seeing the naïve idea who says the portrait and the person portrayed are the same thing we are going to see how they are entirely different.

Nevertheless the portrait is the result of an intellectual work whatever the art : painting, photograph, literature or cinema. The artist gives his vision of the reality he perceives and puts his stamp on it. Thus the portrayer can only show the good features of a personality or a face. In literature the fact to quote only the good actions of a person is called hagiography. In pictorial arts this process is mostly used for the king's portrait. We can cite the portrait of Louis XIV by Hyacinthe Rigaud. This process can be exaggerated. It was the case when Holbein painted Anne of Cleves for the king Henri VIII. The artist painted Anne very beautiful but, when the king saw her in real he found she was less beautiful and he sent her in a convent until her death. The exaggeration of the bad feature of a person is called caricature. It is mostly a pictorial art with drawing or painting.

After all I fully agreed with the sentence of Jose Ortega y Gasset, for me the portrait is a reflection more or less modified by an artist of the reality showing a fixed instant and attitude but not the reality. Moreover the portrait is perceived differently according the past and the origin of the spectator.

Je remercie d'avance celui qui me corrigera. Merci beaucoup à ce courageux.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-01-2014 08:44

Réponse: Correction /The Portrait de violet91, postée le 08-01-2014 à 00:25:49 (S | E)
Hello,
....et si c'était celle qui vous lira ?!
En premier lieu , vous ne pouvez avoir dans la consigne autre chose que ' do you agree or disagree ...with this sentence by ...? To agree est un verbe actif et au présent simple d'opinion .

L'ensemble de votre réflexion est tout à fait intéressant ; votre point de vue rejoint en effet la déclaration . Il n'embrasse pas tous les angles, toutefois .
Personne et portrait sont tout de même un peu plus imbriqués , non ? Après , question de points de vue et il y en a autant que d'individus .
L'objectif et le subjectif ...le mélioratif , le péjoratif , le style et l'époque . Le figuratif et l'abstrait .Le modèle et sa transfiguration . ...voyez les autoportraits de Francis Bacon ...il y a sans doute le plus vrai de ce qu'il est au plus profond de lui-même .

La forme et la structure : bonnes dans l'ensemble . Je ne peux pas faire de copié , collé ...mais je vais aller à l'essentiel .
- likeness ? - the picture ( think of 'the picture of Dorian Gray '), a more or less resembling image of ...
Les mots abstraits comme réalité , art, in time ...ne sont pas précédés d'un article défini . Sauf exception . Feeling and sense : you need 'in a sense' et quelques outils de liaison tels que : yet, therefore ..et des articulations such as to me , I think , I find it difficult to ...up to a point ...on one hand , on the other hand ...
- the most relalistic as possible / must ou should selon vous ?/ the person and his/ her personality / I wouldn't use the word naive ( you know it is a style and you should not state any judgment/ to cite ? Quote or evoke / when you speak of Anne de Clèves , why translate 'de '( even if you can find it here or there ) ? No article before King Henry VIII ( titre suivi du nom propre qui se suffit en soi sauf au pluriel - the Tudors for instance - by the way , he found her ugly , not less beautiful .../ in reality > in front of him /in true life / features in the plural / not in a convent > to ( movement)/

After all est mal venu ( vous n'avez pas balancé entre deux opinions , vous l'aviez dès le début ) > finally or I'll come to the conclusion I fully agree( pas de passé ) ...( votre fully est un peu risqué )

Voilà ce que je peux dire de mémoire ...je vais relire votre paragraphe . Hope this helps you . Good night .

Réponse: Correction /The Portrait de expresval, postée le 08-01-2014 à 01:12:47 (S | E)

Merci de m'avoir lu et corrigé.
Je vais corriger ce que vous m'avez dit et me renseigner sur les autoportraits de Francis Bacon.
Encore merci et bonne nuit

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-01-2014 08:49

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux