Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Oswald and Mickey/Correction

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oswald and Mickey/Correction
Message de happyboy3311 posté le 23-11-2013 à 17:36:20 (S | E | F)
Bonsoir à tous,
J'ai écrit un petit texte pour un oral d'anglais sur la création d'Oswald et de Mickey par Walt Disney et je pense malheureusement avoir fait quelques erreurs... Pourriez-vous m'aider à les trouver s'il vous plait ?
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses

I want to talk about a part of the life of Walt Disney. I think that you know Mickey Mouse but you don’t know his brother, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
However, it’s not use speaking all the story of the creation of Walt Disney Production but it is worth studying the link between Oswald and Mickey.
So, who is Oswald?
First of all, Oswald was the first great character of Walt Disney. Besides he was born in 1927 for cartoons produced by Universal Pictures. During this year, Walt Disney worked with this production and had signed an exclusive contract which deals that if Walt left Universal Oswald would be to the production. Oswald is quickly a success but Universal chose to keep a part of Walt Disney team and forsakes Walt. Disney is upset to abandon his character but he chooses to leave Universal and wants to create his own production.
I wish I had found more pictures with Oswald and Walt…

Disney was looking forward to drawing a new character. He used to take the train between Hollywood and Manhattan. During this travel, he thinks the office in Universal. Indeed, he had met a little mouse who ate his eraser. In addition, he had caught this mouse and it had been tamed. On the grounds of his departure, he had released his friend. So, Walt calls a cartoonist friend and says him: “I want a mouse”. It was the birth of Mickey Mouse, in 1928. Later Walt will say:” "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

Foremost, the name of the mouse of Disney is Mortimer but the wife of Walt chooses to change Mortimer for Mickey. Thus the success is amazing. Mickey plays in a lot of cartoons and become better than Oswald. If the producer had known he wouldn’t let go Walt. But henceforth, Walt wants to avoid giving Mickey to a production like Oswald. Indeed, Mickey Mouse becomes the first character of Walt Disney Production.

To put it in a nutshell, Oswald has been forgotten and Mickey is now the most famous mouse in the world. However, in 2006, Walt Disney Production has bought the character and the children of Walt Disney find themselves finally together in the production of their father for the first time.

-------------------
Modifié par happyboy3311 le 23-11-2013 17:42

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 23-11-2013 18:06

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de gerondif, postée le 24-11-2013 à 12:06:33 (S | E)
Bonjour,

I want to talk about a part of the life of(cas possessif plus judicieux) Walt Disney. I think that you know Mickey Mouse but you don’t know his brother, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
However, it’s not use speaking all the story (on ne parle pas une histoire, on la raconte (to tell)// it is no use + ing telling everything about)of the creation of Walt Disney Production but it is worth studying the link between Oswald and Mickey.
So, who is(plutôt was) Oswald?
First of all, Oswald was the first great character of me gène, j'aurais mis created by) Walt Disney. Besides(ce "en outre" me surprend.Moreover, what's more) he was born in 1927 for cartoons produced by Universal Pictures. During this year (ce during paraît incongru, j'aurais juste mis: That year,...), Walt Disney worked with this production (ce mot seul ne me semble pas signifier studio de production) and had signed an exclusive contract which deals(mauvais verbe, mauvais temps utilisez stipulate au prétérit) that if Walt left Universal, Oswald would be to (ne veut rien dire. rester à , appartenir à? (to belong to)the production. Oswald is(prétérit) quickly a success but Universal chose to keep a part of Walt Disney's team and forsakes(prétérit, drôle de verbe, essayez to get rid of, se débarasser de) Walt. Disney is (prétérit) upset to have to abandon his character but he chooses (prétérit)to leave Universal and(because) wants(prétérit) to create his own production.

Disney was looking forward to drawing a new character. He used to take the train between Hollywood and Manhattan. During this travel(trip?), he thinks (prétérit, de plus he remembered serait plus direct) the office in Universal. Indeed, he had met a little mouse who ate(il avait rencontré une souris qui mangea son crayon, nn, qui mangeait (was eating)/qui avait mangé (who had eaten) ) his eraser. In addition, he had caught this mouse and (ce serait plus "humain de dire and had tamed it/him/her)it had been tamed. On the grounds of (sens?)his departure, he had released his friend. So, Walt calls(prétérit) a cartoonist friend and says(prétérit + préposition to) him: “I want a mouse”. It was the birth of Mickey Mouse, in 1928. Later Walt will say(prétérit):” "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by (se dit mais on entendrait plus: "it all started with")a mouse."

Foremost, the name of the mouse of(cas possessif) Disney is Mortimer but the wife of (idem)Walt chooses(prétérit) to change Mortimer for Mickey. Thus the success is(prétérit) amazing. Mickey plays(prétérit) in a lot of cartoons and become (prétérit) better than Oswald. If the producer had known he wouldn’t(erreur de concordance, il n'aurait pas laissé partir manque un auxiliaire avoir) let Walt go . But henceforth (super vieillot!!), Walt wants(prétérit) to avoid giving Mickey to a production (like ne va pas bien, as it had happened with Oswald) like Oswald. Indeed, Mickey Mouse becomes(prétérit) the first character of Walt Disney Production.

To put it in a nutshell, Oswald has been forgotten and Mickey is now the most famous mouse in the world. However, in 2006, Walt Disney Production has bought (impossible de mettre un present perfect avec in 2006) the character and the children of Walt Disney (cas possessif) finally find themselves (end up) together in the production of their father for the first time.

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de happyboy3311, postée le 24-11-2013 à 13:24:10 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide

Voici donc le résultat :

I want to talk about a part of Walt Disney’s life. I think that you know Mickey Mouse but you don’t know his brother, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

However, it’s no use (no using ?) telling all the story of the creation of Walt Disney Production but it is worth studying the link between Oswald and Mickey.

So, who is Oswald? (Oswald est redevenu d'actualité, du coup j'aimerai garder le présent)

First of all, Oswald was the first great character created by Walt Disney. Moreover he was born in 1927 for cartoons produced by Universal Pictures. That year, Walt Disney worked with this production and had signed an exclusive contract which stipulated that if Walt left Universal Oswald would belong to the production studio. Oswald was quickly a success but Universal chose to keep a part of Walt Disney’s team and forsakes Walt. (en fait, je voulais dire qu'ils l'ont juste délaissé, ils ne voulaient pas le voir démissionner au début)
Disney was upset to have to abandon his character but he chose to leave Universal in order to create his own production.

Disney was looking forward to drawing a new character. He used to take the train between Hollywood and Manhattan. During this trip, he remembered the office in Universal. Indeed, he had met a little mouse who ate his eraser. In addition, he had caught this mouse and had tamed it. Owing to his departure, he had released his friend. So, Walt called a cartoonist friend and said to him: “I want a mouse”. It was the birth of Mickey Mouse, in 1928. Later Walt will say:” "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." (c'est une vraie citation de Walt, alors je ne peux pas la changer...)

Foremost, the name of Disney’s mouse is Mortimer but Walt’s wife chose to change Mortimer for Mickey. Thus the success was amazing. Mickey played in a lot of cartoons and became better than Oswald. If the producer had known he wouldn’t have let go Walt. But from now on, Walt wanted to avoid giving Mickey to a production as it had happened with Oswald. Indeed, Mickey Mouse became the first character of Walt Disney Production.
To put it in a nutshell, Oswald has been forgotten and Mickey is now the most famous mouse in the world. However, in 2006, Walt Disney Production buys the character and Disney’s children finally end up themselves together in the production of their father for the first time.

Merci encore !

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de gerondif, postée le 24-11-2013 à 15:12:21 (S | E)
Hello,

I want to talk about a part of Walt Disney’s life. I think that you know Mickey Mouse but you don’t know his brother, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

However, it’s no use (no using ?) telling all the story(the complete story, the whole story) of the creation of Walt Disney Production but it is worth studying the link between Oswald and Mickey.

So, who is Oswald? (Oswald est redevenu d'actualité, du coup j'aimerai garder le présent)

First of all, Oswald was the first great character created by Walt Disney. Moreover he was born in 1927 for cartoons produced by Universal Pictures. That year, Walt Disney worked with this production and had signed an exclusive contract which stipulated that if Walt left Universal,(virgule, pause de la voix) Oswald would (remain the property of)belong to the production studio. Oswald was quickly a success but Universal chose to keep a part of Walt Disney’s team and forsakes(prétérit)(to forsake, c'est abandonner une femme etc, ce verbe sonne bizarre) Walt. (en fait, je voulais dire qu'ils l'ont juste délaissé, ils ne voulaient pas le voir démissionner au début)
Disney was upset to have to abandon his character but he chose to leave Universal in order to create his own production.

Disney was looking forward to drawing a new character. He used to take the train between Hollywood and Manhattan. During this trip, he remembered the office in Universal. Indeed, he had met a little mouse who ate (had eaten) his eraser. In addition, he had caught this mouse and had tamed it. Owing to (because of)his departure, he had released his friend. So, Walt called a cartoonist friend and said to him: “I want a mouse”. It was the birth of Mickey Mouse, in 1928. Later Walt will(would) say:” "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." (c'est une vraie citation de Walt, alors je ne peux pas la changer...)

Foremost(At first? au début), the name of Disney’s mouse is Mortimer but Walt’s wife chose to change Mortimer for Mickey. Thus(vieillot. That change for a trendier firt name (nickname) brought immediate success) the success was amazing. Mickey played in a lot of cartoons and became better than Oswald. If the producer had known, (virgule, pause de la voix) he wouldn’t have let Walt go (ordre des mots!!). But from then now on, Walt wanted to avoid giving Mickey to a production as it had happened with Oswald. Indeed, Mickey Mouse became the first character of Walt Disney Production.
To put it in a nutshell, Oswald has been forgotten and Mickey is now the most famous mouse in the world. However, in 2006, Walt Disney Production buys(prétérit) the character and Disney’s children finally end up themselves together in the production of their father(cas possessif) for the first time.

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de happyboy3311, postée le 24-11-2013 à 16:16:35 (S | E)
Merci

Est-ce correct maintenant s'il vous plait ?

However, it’s no use telling the whole story of the creation of Walt Disney Production but it is worth studying the link between Oswald and Mickey.

So, who is Oswald?

First of all, Oswald was the first great character created by Walt Disney. Moreover he was born in 1927 for cartoons produced by Universal Pictures. That year, Walt Disney worked with this production and had signed an exclusive contract which stipulated that if Walt left Universal, Oswald would remain the property of the production studio. Oswald was quickly a success but Universal chose to keep a part of Walt Disney’s team and got rid of Walt. Disney was upset to have to abandon his character but he chose to leave Universal in order to create his own production.

Disney was looking forward to drawing a new character. He used to take the train between Hollywood and Manhattan. During this trip, he remembered the office in Universal. Indeed, he had met a little mouse who had eaten his eraser. In addition, he had caught this mouse and had tamed it. Because of his departure, he had released his friend. So, Walt called a cartoonist friend and said to him: “I want a mouse”. It was the birth of Mickey Mouse, in 1928. Later Walt will say:” "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

At first, the name of Disney’s mouse is Mortimer but Walt’s wife chose to change Mortimer for Mickey. That change for a trendier first name brought immediate success. Mickey played in a lot of cartoons and became better than Oswald. If the producer had known, he wouldn’t have let Walt go. But from then on, Walt wanted to avoid giving Mickey to a production as it had happened with Oswald. Indeed, Mickey Mouse became the first character of Walt Disney Production.

To put it in a nutshell, Oswald has been forgotten and Mickey is now the most famous mouse in the world. However, in 2006, Walt Disney Production bought the character and Disney’s children finally end up together in their father’s production for the first time.

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de violet91, postée le 24-11-2013 à 16:19:28 (S | E)
Hello both of you, working on Micki ..( pronunciation !!) ,

Juste :
-the first name was ( pas' is' ) ....Disney's wife chose to change it for ...the success was immediate and amazing - Mickey mouse was much more attractive and efficient than ..- in 2006 , the creator's children ( ended up = bizarre , car hasardeux) ) got finally involved , finally took part in running their father's productions .( at last ) . And that was fair .
Thus , bien à l'écrit , un peu maniéré à l'oral : so / therefore/ this way ...
Bonne fin de pm .

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de happyboy3311, postée le 24-11-2013 à 16:45:28 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup à tous les deux pour votre aide
Et merci violet91 pour la prononciation
Je vous communiquerai ma note dès que je la recevrai !

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de gerondif, postée le 24-11-2013 à 17:08:05 (S | E)
Hello,
fignolons un peu.
However, it’s no use telling the whole story of the creation of Walt Disney Production but it is worth studying the link between Oswald and Mickey.

So, who is Oswald?

First of all, Oswald was the first great(famous? major ?) character created by Walt Disney. Moreover, he was born in 1927 for cartoons produced by Universal Pictures. That year, Walt Disney worked with this production and had signed an exclusive contract which stipulated that if Walt left Universal, Oswald would remain the property of the production studio. Oswald was quickly a success but Universal chose to keep a part of Walt Disney’s team and got rid of Walt. Disney was upset to have to abandon his character but he chose to leave Universal in order to create his own production.

Disney was looking forward to drawing a new character. He used to take the train between Hollywood and Manhattan. During this trip, he remembered the office in Universal. Indeed, he had met a little mouse who had eaten his eraser. In addition, he had caught this mouse and had tamed it. (Because of his departure)When he had to leave, he had released his friend (he had set his little friend free). So, Walt called a cartoonist friend and said to him: “I want a mouse”. It was the birth of Mickey Mouse, in 1928. Later, Walt will say:” "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

At first, the name of Disney’s mouse is(was) Mortimer but Walt’s wife chose to change Mortimer for Mickey. That change for a trendier first name brought immediate success (ou la suggestion de Violet). Mickey played in a lot of cartoons and became better than Oswald. If the producer had known, he wouldn’t have let Walt go. But from then on, Walt wanted to avoid giving Mickey to a production as it had happened with Oswald. Indeed, Mickey Mouse became the first(the top character?) character of Walt Disney Production.

To put it in a nutshell, Oswald has been forgotten and Mickey is now the most famous mouse in the world. However, in 2006, Walt Disney Production bought the character and both Disney’s creations /children/ finally ended(prononcer [endid] up) together in their father’s production for the first time.
(j'avais choisi ended up au sens de finir par se retrouver ensemble malgré les aléas mais on peut aussi dire "both Disney's children, Mickey and Oswald (car il vaut mieux à l'oral répéter et mettre les points sur les i) eventually found themselves reunited in their father's production."

J'ai un doute sur l'interprétation de Violet,(finally took part in running their father's productions) ses deux enfants(personnages) ne dirigent pas le studio, ils s'y retrouvent enfin réunis.

Mickey se prononce en effet [miki]
Notez l'expression "to take the Mickey out of somebody": se payer la tête de quelqu'un , se foutre de lui.
Oserez-vous terminer votre oral par:
"I hope you won't take the mickey out of me for choosing that topic !" (et là, vous avez 21 sur 20
et un cynique pourrait rajouter "especially nowadays as we celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of President Kennedy's assassination by Lee Harley Oswald " mais là, ce serait peut-être de mauvais goût.

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de violet91, postée le 24-11-2013 à 17:24:43 (S | E)
Hello ,
Ayant lu en diagonale ( I must admit) , je n'ai pas pensé aux personnages Oswald and Miki (!!) comme enfants de Disney ! Alors oui , put together , gathered , reunited ...j'ai lu un jour tous les problèmes des 'vrais ' enfants et de l'héritage . Je vais vérifier , mais cela ne change pas ton interprétation , gérondif !
xxx
Avec des enfants fictifs , Oswald and Mickey , c'est en effet plus simple de parler de 'gathered and united' ...

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 24-11-2013 20:08

Réponse: Oswald and Mickey/Correction de happyboy3311, postée le 24-11-2013 à 19:42:39 (S | E)
Génial ! Je vais tenter le "I hope you won't take the mickey out of me for choosing that topic !" pour un 21 sur 20 bien que je crains que seul mon professeur pourra comprendre la subtilité de la phrase
Mon oral est mardi, d'ici là, je vais tenter de l'apprendre en le synchronisant avec mon powerpoint pour donner un vrai "show"
Merci encore !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux