Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Correction oral/progress

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Correction oral/progress
Message de s0ch0 posté le 14-04-2013 à 12:43:57 (S | E | F)
Hello,
I'll have an oral examination soon, could you correct my script ?
Thank you for your help.

From time immemorial, Humans have been keen on progress, that it is scientific, social or technological. It is this concept of progress which fixed the orientations and accompanied great moments of history. However, it could also have disastrous consequences what can cause a relative distrust and the implementation of resistance in the society. In the following presentation I chose to focus on scientific progress which is closer than other that I evoked because I am in scientific class. To do so, we will refer to positive side of progress and negative side among three documents which are Brave new world, Adam’s story and Keeper sister.
First, the cartoon Brave new world is set on a clone factory called “Clones R us”. This name is a pan shows us that from now on, People are all clones. So, thanks to the manufacturing of clones which all look the same (: tall, muscular, strong and happy), think and want the same things and are conformist, integrality must be reduce, nobody could be jealous or envious and racism would stop. However, this image of a “Brave new World” is frightening because it could only happen in countries ruled by dictators, who refuse that people rebel and express their opinions, and where people who are different, as in the cartoon, are dumped. This kind of society wants to format people.
Then, the entire following document will deal with PGD (pre implantation genetic diagnosis). It is a means to have a “medicine babies” who will be used to cure a sick elder sibling. In effect, an embryo can be selected before being implanted in a woman’s womb and then, by making transplants, this child can save a life.
The second document which is an article published in 2010 in “USA Today” an American paper, presents Adam's history. Adam was born by PGD to sure her sister. His cord blood cells were implanted into her; which saved her life. While, in the ninty’s many people disagreed with PGD because they thought it was unnatural, nowadays, they have changed their minds because PGD can save children’s lives. But, we have also to think on a medicine baby: how do they feel? Can they have a normal life? Can they have the choice?
The last document which is an extract from “My sister keeper” takes place in a counsel’s office is the USA. The narrator, a lawyer, is speaking with Anna. This young teenager is there because she decides to sue her parents because they consider her only a medicine. Even if she has given seven times before a part of her to her sister, the request to a kidney was the straw that broke the camel's back. Now, she is fed up and she wants to have a normal life, without having to go to the hospital. She doesn’t want to give any part of her anymore even if she loves her sister.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 14-04-2013 18:37

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux