Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Aide/ Bac oral

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Aide/ Bac oral
Message de tulipe12 posté le 06-03-2013 à 16:14:12 (S | E | F)
Good afternoon,

Je suis en Terminale et je prépare, durant ces vacances, les notions que je vais présenter à l'oral. J'aurais besoin de votre avis pour savoir s'il y a de grosses fautes de grammaire ou d'orthographe.

Places and forms of power »
The “Big Brother’s power”

I’m going to speak about the notion “Places and forms of power”. I’ve chose to lean on A King’s Speech, a film by T. HOPPER. I found it is very interesting, because it shows reconstructions of historical events. One of them is Prince Albert’s speech during the 1925 British Empire Exhibition. He’s in front of the crowd, this scare him and make him stammering. It’s true that the others have a power on us, a gaze power, what we can call “Big Brother’s power”, referring to the famous G. ORWELL’s book. Why do the other’s gaze influence on us? Firstly, we’ll see that Prince Albert suffer of the glance power. Then, we’ll study this form of power more generally.

I. Prince Albert’s case
In the movie, Prince Albert stammers because he’s scared by both his brother and the crowd. With the new technologies, his Wembley Stadium’s speech, in 1925, had been heard all over the world. More, all his family and the nation expected him to make a perfect and solemn speech. The entire stadium’s crowd was watching him, all the world was listening to him: we can conclude that Big Brother’s power made him stammer.
In the same way, the declaration of war with Nazi Germany, also reconstructed in the film, was far more important, because it staked all the empire’s fate, also as his first king’s speech, which would give him legitimacy. That’s why, so as not be the gaze’s power prey, he was in a closed room, hidden from the others, only with his speech therapist.

We’ve seen that Prince Albert’s case show us what gaze power is. Now, we’re going te define Big Brother’s power.

II. The Big Brother’s power
Big Brother’s power is gaze’s power. We can find many examples of this in our usual life: all the things we do when nobody’s watching us, nobody who will judge and criticize our behaviour. A famous philosopher, J. P. SARTRE, explains that we won’t have the same behaviour if we’re alone or in a group. That’s because we do care of what people think. “What are they thinking of us?”
When a crowd is looking at you, or listening to you, you are in a position which seems dangerous, because we’re feared of being ridiculous. This is what is sometimes called wind up. An artist or somebody who has to make a speech, like the Duke of York, will suffer of this.

We’ve seen that everybody comes under the glance’s power, more or less, according to the character. But it’s not a fate, we can change this working on us. Prince Albert’s case is a good example of another power, our will.

Merci d'avance,
Tulipe

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-03-2013 21:47

Réponse: Aide/ Bac oral de bluestar, postée le 06-03-2013 à 16:57:24 (S | E)
Bonjour....

I’m going to speak about the notion “Places and forms of power”. I’ve chose to lean on A The King’s Speech, a film by T. HOPPER. T Hooper (pourquoi les majuscules?) I found it is very interesting, because it shows reconstructions of historical events. One of them is Prince Albert’s speech during the 1925 British Empire Exhibition. He’s in front of the crowd, this scare (nombre) him and make (nombre) him stammering. It’s true that the others have a power on (prep?) us, a gaze power, what we can call “Big Brother’s power”, referring to the famous G. ORWELL’s G.Orwell's book. Why do the others’s gaze influence on us? Firstly, we’ll see that Prince Albert suffers of(prep?) the glance of power. Then, we’ll study this form of power more generally.

I. Prince Albert’s case
In the movie, Prince Albert stammers because he’s scared by(prep?) both his brother and the crowd. With the new technologies, his Wembley Stadium’s speech, in 1925, had been heard all over the world. More, all his family and the nation expected him to make a perfect and solemn speech. The entire stadium’s crowd was watching him, all the world was listening to him: we can conclude that Big Brother’s power made him stammer.
In the same way, the declaration of war with Nazi Germany, also reconstructed in the film, was far more important, because it staked all the empire’s fate (reformuler), and also was his first king’s speech, which would give him legitimacy. That’s why, so as not be the gaze’s power prey, (ordre des mots)he was in a closed room, hidden from the others, only with his speech therapist.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux