Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Vérif/adjectifs et suffixes

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Vérif/adjectifs et suffixes
Message de bernard02 posté le 31-01-2013 à 15:36:58 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

pouvez-vous me dire, s'il vous plaît, si mes exercices suivants sont corrects ou s'il y a des modifications ou des améliorations à apporter?
Cordialement et merci d'avance.
Exercises for Monday, 4th February 2013.

1 Write down an adjective (or adjectives) formed from these nouns or verbs. Cover the opposite page first.
thought
dirt
pain
comfort
attract
care
knowledge
fame
create
danger
suit
rely
fog
politics
sun
wash
home
enjoy
music
break
use

My answers: thought -> thoughtful and thoughtless; dirt -> dirty; pain -> painful and painless; comfort -> comfortable and uncomfortable; attract -> attractive; care -> careful and careless; knowledge -> knowledgeable; fame -> famous; create -> creative; danger -> dangerous; suit -> suitable and unsuitable; rely -> reliable and unreliable; fog -> foggy; politics -> political; sun -> sunny; wash -> washable; home -> homeless; enjoy -> enjoyable; music -> musical; break -> breakable and unbreakable; use -> useful and useless.

Correction course:

2 Fill the gaps with suitable adjectives from the opposite page.
1 You must be very ...........when you drive in wet weather.
My answer: You must be very careful when you drive in wet weather.
Correction course:

2 It was so .......... this morning that I couldn't see more than twenty metres in front of me.
My answer: It was so foggy this morning that I couldn't see more than twenty metres in front of me.
Correction course:

3 Everyone in my country has heard of her; she's very ..........
My answer: Everyone in my country has heard of her; she's very famous.
Correction course:

4 The people in the tourist information office were very ........ and answered all our questions without any problems.
My answer: The people in the tourist information office were very thoughtful and answered all our questions without any problems.
Correction course:

5 This is a very .......... road; there were at least three serious accidents on it last year.
My answer: This is a very dangerous road; there were at least three serious accidents on it last year.
Correction course:

6 It was very .......... when I hit my leg against the corner of the table.
My answer: It was very painful when I hit my leg against the corner of the table.
Correction course:

7 This bag is very ........ because I can use it for work or when I go on holiday.
My answer: This bag is very useful because I can use it for work or when I go on holiday.
Correction course:

8 We've never had any problems with our TV in ten years; it's been very .........
My answer: We've never had any problems with our TV in ten years; it's been very reliable.
Correction course:

9 The factory is in the middle of the .......... part of the city, surrounded by other factories.
My answer: The factory is in the middle of the industrial part of the city, surrounded by other factories.
Correction course:

10 I made some coffee but it was horrible. In fact, my sister said it was ...........
My answer: I made some coffee but it was horrible. In fact, my sister said it was undrinkable.
Correction course:

11 I'm afraid my working hours are very .........; I have to start at exactly the same time every day and finish at the same time every day.
My answer: I'm afraid my working hours are very inflexible; I have to start at exactly the same time every day and finish at the same time every day.
Correction course:

12 It seems terrible to me that there are so many ........... people living in a city with thousands of empty houses.
My answer: It seems terrible to me that there are so many homeless people living in a city with thousands of empty houses.
Correction course:

3 How many of these words can form opposites with the suffix – less ?
painful
wonderful
useful
careful
beautiful
tactful
awful
thoughtful
My answers: painful -> painless; useful -> useless; careful -> careless; tactful -> tactless; thoughtful -> thoughtless.
Correction course:

Can you think of words which mean the opposite of the other words (the ones without -less) ?
My answers: wonderful -> normal or ordinary; beautiful -> ugly; awful -> pleasant or nice or enjoyable.
Correction course:

4 From the adjectives on this page and the opposite page, choose three which could describe each of these people or things. (You can use the same adjective more than once.)
1 the weather …............
My answer: sunny, foggy, cloudy.
Correction course:

2 someone who is a very bad driver …...............
My answer: dangerous, unreliable, careless.
Correction course:

3 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ….................
My answer: musical, famous, creative.
Correction course:

4 a large city …..................
My answer: economical, industrial, creative, famous.
Correction course:

5 Albert Einstein …..........
My answer: famous, knowledgeable, creative.
Correction course:

6 a new car …........
My answer: enjoyable, comfortable, reliable.
Correction course:

7 a speech …........
My answer: political, comprehensible, economical.
Correction course:

8 yourself ….............
My answer: thoughtful, reliable, careless (of myself).
Correction course:

-------------------
Modifié par bernard02 le 31-01-2013 15:46
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 31-01-2013 16:01
-------------------
Modifié par bernard02 le 31-01-2013 20:11

Réponse: Vérif/adjectifs et suffixes de bernard02, postée le 02-02-2013 à 14:53:54 (S | E)
Bonjour,

aucune réponse, est-ce que tout serait correct ?

de me le confirmer !

Cordialement.

Réponse: Vérif/adjectifs et suffixes de sherry48, postée le 02-02-2013 à 15:19:11 (S | E)
Hello.
I think there is a better answer...4 The people in the tourist information office were very ........ and answered all our questions without any problems. (thoughtful)
My answer: economical, industrial, creative, famous. Those in red are usually applied to a person, not a city.
6 a new car …........
My answer: enjoyable, comfortable, reliable.
Although it may be enjoyable to take a ride in a car, you wouldn't write an enjoyable new car. A comfortable new car...a reliable new car, OK.
I hope this helps. Sherry

Réponse: Vérif/adjectifs et suffixes de bernard02, postée le 03-02-2013 à 05:10:59 (S | E)
Hello,

voici mes exercices modifiés, merci de me dire, s'il vous plaît, si tout est correct maintenant:

Exercises for Monday, 4th February 2013.

1 Write down an adjective (or adjectives) formed from these nouns or verbs. Cover the opposite page first.

thought
dirt
pain
comfort
attract
care
knowledge
fame
create
danger
suit
rely
fog
politics
sun
wash
home
enjoy
music
break
use

My answers:

thought -> thoughtful and thoughtless; dirt -> dirty; pain -> painful and painless; comfort -> comfortable and uncomfortable; attract -> attractive; care -> careful and careless; knowledge -> knowledgeable; fame -> famous; create -> creative; danger -> dangerous; suit -> suitable and unsuitable; rely -> reliable and unreliable; fog -> foggy; politics -> political; sun -> sunny; wash -> washable; home -> homeless; enjoy -> enjoyable; music -> musical; break -> breakable and unbreakable; use -> useful and useless.

Correction course:

2 Fill the gaps with suitable adjectives from the opposite page.

1 You must be very ...........when you drive in wet weather.
My answer: You must be very careful when you drive in wet weather.
Correction course:

2 It was so .......... this morning that I couldn't see more than twenty metres in front of me.
My answer: It was so foggy this morning that I couldn't see more than twenty metres in front of me.
Correction course:

3 Everyone in my country has heard of her; she's very ..........
My answer: Everyone in my country has heard of her; she's very famous.
Correction course:

4 The people in the tourist information office were very ............and answered all our questions without any problems.
My answer: The people in the tourist information office were very helpful and answered all our questions without any problems.
Correction course:

5 This is a very .......... road; there were at least three serious accidents on it last year.
My answer: This is a very dangerous road; there were at least three serious accidents on it last year.
Correction course:

6 It was very .......... when I hit my leg against the corner of the table.
My answer: It was very painful when I hit my leg against the corner of the table.
Correction course:

7 This bag is very ........ because I can use it for work or when I go on holiday.
My answer: This bag is very useful because I can use it for work or when I go on holiday.
Correction course:

8 We've never had any problems with our TV in ten years; it's been very .........
My answer: We've never had any problems with our TV in ten years; it's been very reliable.
Correction course:

9 The factory is in the middle of the .......... part of the city, surrounded by other factories.
My answer: The factory is in the middle of the industrial part of the city, surrounded by other factories.
Correction course:

10 I made some coffee but it was horrible. In fact, my sister said it was ...........
My answer: I made some coffee but it was horrible. In fact, my sister said it was undrinkable.
Correction course:

11 I'm afraid my working hours are very .........; I have to start at exactly the same time every day and finish at the same time every day.
My answer: I'm afraid my working hours are very inflexible; I have to start at exactly the same time every day and finish at the same time every day.
Correction course:

12 It seems terrible to me that there are so many ........... people living in a city with thousands of empty houses.
My answer: It seems terrible to me that there are so many homeless people living in a city with thousands of empty houses.
Correction course:

. 3 How many of these words can form opposites with the suffix – less ?

painful
wonderful
useful
careful
beautiful
tactful
awful
thoughtful

My answers: painful -> painless; useful -> useless; careful -> careless; tactful -> tactless; thoughtful -> thoughtless.
Correction course:

Can you think of words which mean the opposite of the other words (the ones without -less) ?

My answers: wonderful -> normal or ordinary; beautiful -> ugly; awful -> pleasant or nice or enjoyable.
Correction course:

4 From the adjectives on this page and the opposite page, choose three which could describe each of these people or things. (You can use the same adjective more than once.)

1 the weather …............
My answer: sunny, foggy, cloudy.
Correction course:

2 someone who is a very bad driver …...............
My answer: dangerous, unreliable, careless.
Correction course:

3 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ….................
My answer: musical, famous, creative.
Correction course:

My answer: industrial, famous, dirty.
Correction course:

5 Albert Einstein …..........
My answer: famous, knowledgeable, creative.
Correction course:

6 a new car …........
My answer: useful, comfortable, reliable.
Correction course:

7 a speech …........
My answer: political, comprehensible, economical.
Correction course:

8 yourself ….............
My answer: thoughtful, reliable, careless (of myself).
Correction course:

-------------------
Modifié par bernard02 le 03-02-2013 05:11

Réponse: Vérif/adjectifs et suffixes de sherry48, postée le 04-02-2013 à 03:21:49 (S | E)
Hello again.
4. The people in the tourist information office were very helpful and answered all our questions without any problems.
Helpful works very well, much better than thoughtful, since it is their job to help. I didn't see helpful on the list, so I had in mind another adjective which would be true of a person who was able to answer all questions without any problem.
Sherry

Réponse: Vérif/adjectifs et suffixes de bernard02, postée le 04-02-2013 à 06:35:16 (S | E)
Hello,

you couldn't find the adjective "helpful" in these exercises, because it's in the opposite page, and I'm sorry but I couldn't write this whole page !
Thank you very much.
Regards.

Réponse: Vérif/adjectifs et suffixes de bernard02, postée le 05-02-2013 à 02:36:31 (S | E)
Bonjour, pour votre information, ces exercices ont été rendus et corrigés hier soir, le zéro faute a été confirmé!

Cordialement.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux