Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

how old are you with half ? (1)

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

how old are you with half ?
Message de joy06 posté le 11-01-2008 à 11:40:57 (S | E | F | I)

un petit peu d'aide s'il vous plait
pour dire son age avec et demi
il faut dire par exemple
j'ai six ans et demi
I am six and a half years old
ou
I am six years old and a half
merci pour votre aide

Réponse: how old are you with half ? de gee, postée le 11-01-2008 à 13:40:48 (S | E)
Your question piqued my interest, Joy06. I'd just give you my two cents about it, even if I'm not quite sure that I'll be right. So wait for my comments to be cross-checked by "periti" people hanging around.

I for one think that "the half" is that one coming after the number of years already laid out. In your example "I am six and a half years old", the added half is of the seventh. Is it an adjective qualifying the hinted (seventh) year or is it a noun? I'm inclined to believe it's a noun.
Anyway that "half" is about the years, not about being half-old. Since it has to come joined to the six years to make a whole.

Furthermore, the adverbial phrase "and a half" is an idiom when coming after certain words e.g. It was a day and a half (C'était un sacré jour, un fichue journée.). It is a challenge and a half! (C'est un fameux challenge.)

So, tell that the kid is six and a half years old.
In a more casual way, we could simply say "He is six and a half".

I hope you'll understand my English say. If not, tell it.
e.g. = exempli gratia (par exemple)
"periti", plural of peritus, is not English but means "experienced people"

Enjoy the day!

Réponse: how old are you with half ? de TravisKidd, postée le 11-01-2008 à 16:27:44 (S | E)
You are "six-and-a-half" years old.

"Happy half-birthday to you ... happy half-birthday to you!"

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux