Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Notion /places and forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Notion /places and forms of power
Message de laulauu49 posté le 10-04-2019 à 18:42:17 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
pouvez-vous me dire si ma notion possède contient des fautes ou non s'il vous plait?
Merci d'avance.

I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion I choose to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still have a legitimacy?

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA. Each time people rebel against innocent killing but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump use murderers to promote their ideas and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (national rifle association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals should be punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killing in some other universities. The teachers but also the students can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17 years old boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. All of them, every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing are a failure. Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not in banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

For illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believes in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agree with him about it's possible to respect the 2nd amendment and they can keep away arms from dangerous people. He is trying to implement laws for this but it won't be easy and it will take time.
To answer to my problematic, guns are a part of American culture and there are still topical in the USA. This is always a debate between the candidates who run for presidential election.

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are the people who are legally buying guns, but there are the guns which came from the black market. There are the ones which can be buying at the border, a space where illegally trading is usual.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-04-2019 23:09

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de gerondif, postée le 10-04-2019 à 19:08:52 (S | E)
Bonjour
erreurs en bleu
I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion I choose to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still have(3ème personne singulier) a legitimacy?(style indirect, pas de ?)

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA. Each time(ce serait plutôt everytime ou whenever et puis tout seul c'est bizarre, whenever people get shot,) people rebel against innocent killing but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump use murderers to promote their ideas and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (national rifle association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men,(virgule) not weapons”.
In the USA there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals should(devraient , doivent ou peuvent???) be punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The (estimated) number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms (weapons). Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killing in some other universities. The teachers but also the students can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17 years old(adjectif composé, donc a seventeen-year-old boy) boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. All of them, every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing are a failure (construction bancale, sujet singulier, verbe pluriel. QUe vient faire ce all of them ici ?) Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not in(by) banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

For(pour : for + nom, to + verbe) illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believes (concordance des temps) in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agree(idem) with him about it's possible(construction bancale) to respect the 2nd amendment and they can keep away arms from dangerous people. (bizarre de mettre cela au présent, il n'est plus président, j'aurais mis du prétérit)He is trying to implement laws for this but it won't be easy and it will take time.
To answer to my problematic, guns are a part of American culture and there(they ou there??) are still topical in the USA. This (it) is always a debate between the candidates who run for presidential election.

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are the people who are legally buying guns, but there are the guns which came from the black market. There are the ones (those) which can be buying(participe passé) at the border, a space where illegally(adjectif) trading is usual. On a l'impression qu'il n'y a pas de conclusion...

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de laulauu49, postée le 11-04-2019 à 12:43:16 (S | E)
merci beaucoup!!

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de laulauu49, postée le 11-04-2019 à 14:34:53 (S | E)
Bonjour
Voici donc ma correction :

I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion I choose to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still has a legitimacy.

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA. Whenever people rebel against innocent killing but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump use murderers to promote their ideas and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (national rifle association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals should be punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killing in some other universities.Teachers but alsostudents can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17-year-od -boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. Every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing is a failure. Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not by banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the 2nd amendment's respect and they could keep away arms from dangerous people. He is trying to implement laws for this but it won't be easy and it will take time.
To answer my problematic, guns are a part of American culture and are still topical in the USA. It is always a debate between the candidates who run for presidential election.

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are people who are legally buying guns, but there are guns which came from the black market. There are the ones which can be bought at the border, a space where illegal trading is usual.

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de gerondif, postée le 11-04-2019 à 14:48:24 (S | E)
Bonjour
I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together(virgule) members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion I choose (ou prétérit) to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still has a legitimacy.

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA. Whenever(ne convient pas, collision entre les deux phrases. ou alors supprimez le , mettez always derrière rebel et vous pouvez alors garder but) people rebel against innocent killing but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump use murderers (parait un peu violent)to promote their ideas and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (national rifle association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA (virgule) there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals should(pourquoi devraient être punis ? Ils le sont !) be punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. More than 23 million arms checks(des vérifications ou des achats ??) were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killings in some other universities.Teachers but also students can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting(le dictionnaire en ligne ne le donne que comme adjectif, drift étant le nom) due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17-year-old -boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. Every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing is a failure. Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer (to put forward) the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not by banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the 2nd amendment's respect and they could keep away arms from dangerous people. He is trying (prétérit simple) to implement laws for this but it won't be (prétérit)easy and it will take time.
To answer my problematic, guns are a part of American culture and are still topical in the USA. It is always a debate between the candidates who run for presidential election.

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are people who are legally buying guns, but there are guns which came from the black market. There are the ones which can be bought at the border, a space where illegal trading is usual.(en quoi ces deux phrases apportent-elles un point de vue sur les armes ? C'est comme si je vous disais, sur le sujet pour ou contre les 80km/h sur nationale à une voie : Oui mais il y a des voitures neuves et d'autres d'occasion...)

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de laulauu49, postée le 11-04-2019 à 15:06:35 (S | E)
Bonjour
voici alors ma nouvelle correction :

I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion I choose to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still has a legitimacy.

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA.People rebel always against innocent killing but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump use murderers to promote their ideas and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (national rifle association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals are punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killing in some other universities.Teachers but alsostudents can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17-year-od -boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. Every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing is a failure. Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not by banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the 2nd amendment's respect and they could keep away arms from dangerous people. He tried to implement laws for this but it was not easy and it will take time. (mettre du préterit pour ce qui est en bleu ne fait il pas bizarre puisque cela voudrait dire qu'il l'a fait et que des lois seraient passée?or je ne sais pas si certaines lois sont passées ou non)

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are people who are legally buying guns, but there are guns which came from the black market. There are the ones which can be bought at the border, a space where illegal trading is usual. (mon but ici n'étant pas de donner mon point de vue sur les armes, mais de simplement faire le lien avec l'autre notion.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 11-04-2019 22:24
Pas de rouge/rose sur les forums, merci.

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de gerondif, postée le 11-04-2019 à 17:48:36 (S | E)
Bonjour
I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion I choose (have chosen) to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still has a legitimacy.

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA.People rebel always(always rebel, j'avais donné un mauvais renseignement) against innocent killings but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump use murderers (encore une fois, dire qu'un président utilise des meurtriers , c'est un peu violent, on pourrait dire qu'il refuse de condamner ces tueries) to promote their ideas and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (National Rifle Association ). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals are punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killing in some other universities.Teachers but also students can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17-year-old -boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. Every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing is a failure. Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not by banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the 2nd amendment's respect and they could keep away arms from dangerous people. He tried to implement laws for this but it was not easy and it will take time. (mettre du préterit pour ce qui est en bleu ne fait il pas bizarre puisque cela voudrait dire qu'il l'a fait et que des lois seraient passées?or je ne sais pas si certaines lois sont passées ou non)Vous dites il essaya de, ce ne fut pas facile, ça prendra du temps, c'est plausible, Trump n'a pas tout détricoté)

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are people who are legally buying guns, but there are guns which came from the black market. There are the ones which can be bought at the border, a space where illegal trading is usual. (mon but ici n'étant pas de donner mon point de vue sur les armes, mais de simplement faire le lien avec l'autre notion)(ok, donc manque la conclusion)

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de laulauu49, postée le 11-04-2019 à 18:05:37 (S | E)
Bonjour,
voici ma nouvelle correction :

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA.People always rebel against innocent killing but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump refuse to condamn murderers and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (national rifle association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals are punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killing in some other universities.Teachers but alsostudents can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17-year-old -boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. Every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing is a failure. Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not by banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the 2nd amendment's respect and they could keep away arms from dangerous people. He tried to implement laws for this but it was not easy and it will take time.

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are people who are legally buying guns, but there are guns which came from the black market. There are the ones which can be bought at the border, a space where illegal trading is usual.

To answer my problematic and end my presentation, guns are a part of American culture and are still topical in the USA. It is always a debate between the candidates who run for presidential election. (j'ai donc inverser mon lien avecla notions pour finir avec la réponse à ma problématique, ce qui me semble en fait plus logique)

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de laulauu49, postée le 11-04-2019 à 18:06:33 (S | E)
( je n'ai pas fait exprès de mettre à la fin désolé )

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de gerondif, postée le 11-04-2019 à 18:18:41 (S | E)
Bonjour
Quand vous faites votre copié collé, vous ne prenez pas en compte mes corrections et remettez l'ancienne version.
I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all(VIRGULE) I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion VIRGULE) I choose (HAVE CHOSEN irait bien) to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still has a legitimacy.

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA.People always rebel against innocent killing(KILLINGS au pluriel) but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump refuse to condamn murderers and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (the National Rifle Association (MAJUSCULES). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA (virgule) there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals are punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killing(KILLINGS au pluriel) in some other universities.Teachers but also students can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17-year-old-boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. Every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing is a failure. Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not by banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the 2nd amendment's respect (le cas possessif ne s'applique pas aux objets) and (said that they should keep)they could keep away arms from dangerous people. He tried to implement laws for this but it was not easy and it will take time.

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are people who are legally buying guns, but there are also guns which came from the black market. There are the ones which there are those that can be bought passerait mieux) can be bought at the border, a space where illegal trading is usual.

To answer my problematic and end my presentation, guns are a part of American culture and are still topical in the USA. It is always a debate between the candidates who run for presidential election.

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de laulauu49, postée le 12-04-2019 à 12:25:53 (S | E)
Bonjour,

I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all, I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion, I have chosen to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still has a legitimacy.

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA.People always rebel against innocent killings but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump refuse to condamn murderers and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (National Rifle Association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA, there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals are punished even by death, where ordinary citizens are trusted. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killings in some other universities.Teachers but also students can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the respect of the 2nd amendment and said that they should keep away arms from dangerous people. He tried to implement laws for this but it was not easy and it will take time.

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are people who are legally buying guns, but there are also guns which came from the black market. There are those that can be bought at the border, a space where illegal trading is usual.

To answer my problematic and end my presentation, guns are a part of American culture and are still topical in the USA. It is always a debate between the candidates who run for presidential election.

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de gerondif, postée le 12-04-2019 à 14:52:11 (S | E)
Bonjour
I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all, I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together (virgule) members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion, I have chosen to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still has a legitimacy.

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA. People always rebel against innocent killings but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump refuse to condamn(condemn) murderers and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (National Rifle Association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA, there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where criminals are punished even by death (where the death penalty is enforced against criminals), where ordinary citizens are trusted (en quoi le fait de faire confiance aux citoyens ordinaires a-t'il un lien avec l'usage de la peine de mort ?). In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms checks (dans quel sens ce check ? Je ne comprends pas la phrase . Des vérifications d'armes ? Des contrôles au cours desquels les gens contrôlés étaient porteurs d'une arme ?) were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record. The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killings in some other universities. Teachers but also students can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.
Even if recent events put the spotlight on the drifting (je trouve que cette mort est un peu plus qu'une "dérive") due to weapons like Travor Martin’s death in 2012 in Florida where a 17-year-old -boy was killed by a volunteer because he was wearing a hood and was mistaken for a gang member. Every attempt to find a suitable solution to mass killing is a failure. Furthermore, they have to face pro-gun people who prefer the defense of education and training as the keys to firearm safety. They think it is not by banning weapons that the problem can be solved.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the respect of the 2nd amendment and said that they should keep away arms(inversez) from dangerous people. He tried to implement laws for this but it was not easy and it will take time.

We can relate this topic with the notion of spaces and exchanges. Indeed there are people who are legally buying guns, but there are also guns which came from the black market. There are those that can be bought at the border, a space where illegal trading is usual.

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de laulauu49, postée le 15-04-2019 à 17:54:20 (S | E)
bonjour,
I am going to talk about places and forms of power. First of all, I would like to give a definition of this notion : In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour. In order to live together, members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. To illustrate this notion, I have chosen to talk about gun control in the USA. We will wonder if the second amendment still has a legitimacy.

The right of carrying a gun is clearly mentioned in the Constitution of the USA.People always rebel against innocent killings but they also defend their rights to protect themselves, brandishing the second amendment. It is directly connected with the foundations of the nation: the fight for liberty, the right of individual freedom. Some politicians like Donald Trump refuse to condemn murderers and partner with a very powerful lobby: the NRA (National Rifle Association). Their main approach to the killings is that: “Men kill men not weapons”.
In the USA, there is a gun culture which is quite difficult to understand for Europeans. Indeed, the European thinking is: if no one else is carrying a gun, there is no need for me to have one either. In the USA there is a culture where guns are recognized as tools, respected but not feared, it is a country where the death penalty is enforced against criminals. In the past, weapons were used to survive, to protect belongings and families from a hostile environment. Nowadays it is a direct and affordable response to problems, the ultimate guarantee that their liberty will never be taken away. . More than 23 million arms background checks were made in 2015 in the USA, an all-time record.( c'est plutot les vérification des antécédents, pour ne pas délivrer un arme à une personne potentiellement dangereuse) The number of guns sold is far from being reliable as many are sold on the black market or are composed of different parts coming from different arms. Their access is controlled by the law but laws are different from one state to the other. For example, Texas has a loose interpretation of laws concerning guns. This year universities allow their teachers to carry a gun, despite the mass killings in some other universities.Teachers but also students can carry guns to protect themselves and their friends in case of danger.

To illustrate this we can speak about Barack Obama's speech about common sense measures. He said that he believed in the 2nd amendment and the gun owners agreed with him about the respect of the 2nd amendment and said that they should keep arms away from dangerous people. He tried to implement laws for this but it was not easy and it will take time.

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de gerondif, postée le 17-04-2019 à 20:55:01 (S | E)
ok !

Réponse : Notion /places and forms of power de laulauu49, postée le 18-04-2019 à 13:18:15 (S | E)
merci beaucoup pour votre aide !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux