Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Thème/ décortiqué

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Thème/ décortiqué
Message de vaiana posté le 19-02-2019 à 15:44:30 (S | E | F)
Hello.
Could you help me to correct this theme please?
Thanks.

Ils roulaient à vive allure en direction de la Normandie depuis une heure et demie environ; ils avaient quitté Paris en fin d'après-midi après être passés à leur appartement dans le 13° arrondissement pour faire quelques rangements et boucler leurs deux valises. Stéphane travaillait à France Télécom en tant que cadre commercial depuis quelques mois et Nathalie, elle, avait été nommée au Ministère des Finances à sa sortie de l'ENA quelque cinq ans plus tôt.
They ran at top speed towards Normandy for about an/one hour and a half; they had left Paris at the end of the afternoon after having come over their flat in the 13th arrondissement in order to do a little tidying and close their two suitcases. Stéphane worked at France Télécom as a commercial executive for a few months and Nathalie, as far as she is concerned, had been nominated at the Ministry of Finance after her leaving of the ENA a few 5 years ago.

-" Je croyais vraiment que ces embouteillages n'en finiraient jamais", fit Stéphane qui avait l'habitude de vivre à cent à l'heure toute la journée et avait horreur qu'on le fasse attendre plus de cinq minutes. "Je me demande bien pourquoi nous nous obstinons à quitter Paris le vendredi soir. Si cela ne tenait qu'à moi, je partirais à six heures le samedi matin et nous éviterions ainsi la cohue et les carambolages."
- I really thought these traffic jams would never end," said Stéphane who was used to live life in the fast line and loathed to be made waited more than five minutes. "I'm wondering why we always persevere to leave Paris on Friday evenings. Were it up to me, I'd leave at 6 A.M. on Saturday mornings, then we would avoid crowd and pile-ups."

-"Eh oui, mon chéri, mais je te rappelle que tu n'es plus tout seul. N'oublie pas, c'est toi qui m'as fait la cour et qui as insisté pour m'épouser. Tu dois assumer maintenant. Comme le dit si bien Maman : 'les femmes d'aujourd'hui ont enfin obtenu leur libération, alors profites-en bien ma chérie !'..."
- Oh yes, my dear, but I recall you that you're not alone. Don't forget, you did woo and insisted on our wedding. You have to accept now. As Mom tells it so well: "today's women finally got liberation, take advantage of it my darling!!"

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 19-02-2019 15:47

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de vaiana, postée le 22-02-2019 à 23:15:04 (S | E)
Up

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de traviskidd, postée le 23-02-2019 à 15:19:19 (S | E)
Hello.

run = courir
an hour
come over dropped by
Was Stéphane still working? --> continuous
Nathalie, for her part, ...
after her leaving of upon her exit from
a few some
used to (habitué à) + V-ing
the fast lane
loathed + V-ing (passive in this case) + infinitive
I wonder
persevere have
crowds, or crowding
recall you will remind you
you did it's you who, or you're the one who
woo court
accept live with it
tells it says
got have (got)
alors = so

See you :-)

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de vaiana, postée le 23-02-2019 à 17:50:35 (S | E)
Thanks Travis!

They drive at top speed towards Normandy for about an hour and a half; they had left Paris at the end of the afternoon after having come over their flat in the 13th arrondissement in order to do a little tidying and close their two suitcases. Stéphane has worked/been working at France Télécom as a commercial executive for a few months and Nathalie, for her part, had been nominated at the Ministry of Finance upon her exit from the ENA some 5 years ago.

I really thought these traffic jams would never end," said Stéphane who was used to living life in the fast line and loathed being made waited more than five minutes. "I wonder why we always have to leave Paris on Friday evenings. Were it up to me, I'd leave at 6 A.M. on Saturday mornings, then we would avoid crowds and pile-ups."

- Oh yes, my dear, but I will remind you that you're not alone. Don't forget, you're the one who courted and insisted on our wedding. You have to live with it now. As Mom says so well: "today's women have finally got liberation, so take advantage of it my darling!!"

je te rappelle -> I will remind you - pourquoi du futur alors que le présent est utilisé dans la phrase en français ?

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de gerondif, postée le 23-02-2019 à 18:02:37 (S | E)
Bonjour
Ils roulaient à vive allure en direction de la Normandie depuis une heure et demie environ; ils avaient quitté Paris en fin d'après-midi après être passés à leur appartement dans le 13° arrondissement pour faire quelques rangements et boucler leurs deux valises. Stéphane travaillait à France Télécom en tant que cadre commercial depuis quelques mois et Nathalie, elle, avait été nommée au Ministère des Finances à sa sortie de l'ENA quelque cinq ans plus tôt.
They ran (present perfect avec depuis + choix de verbe)at top speed towards Normandy for about an/one hour and a half; they had left Paris at the end of the afternoon after having come(la forme simple en ing suffirait. to pop over signife aussi passer en coup de vent) over their flat in the 13th arrondissement in order to do a little tidying and close their two suitcases. Stéphane worked (present perfect avec depuis)at France Télécom as a commercial executive for a few months and Nathalie, as far as she (prétérit) concerned, had been nominated at the Ministry of Finance after her leaving of the ENA a few (some)5 years ago(ago signifie il yy a par rapport au présent, before signifiera auparavant par rapport à un ancrage dans le passé).

-" Je croyais vraiment que ces embouteillages n'en finiraient jamais", fit Stéphane qui avait l'habitude de vivre à cent à l'heure toute la journée et avait horreur qu'on le fasse attendre plus de cinq minutes. "Je me demande bien pourquoi nous nous obstinons à quitter Paris le vendredi soir. Si cela ne tenait qu'à moi, je partirais à six heures le samedi matin et nous éviterions ainsi la cohue et les carambolages."
- I really thought these traffic jams would never end," said Stéphane who was used to live(gérondif) life in the fast line and loathed to be made waited more than five minutes. "I'm wondering why we always persevere to leave Paris on Friday evenings. Were it up to me, I'd leave at 6 A.M. on Saturday mornings, then we would avoid crowd (pluriel plus logique)and pile-ups."

-"Eh oui, mon chéri, mais je te rappelle que tu n'es plus tout seul. N'oublie pas, c'est toi qui m'as fait la cour et qui as insisté pour m'épouser. Tu dois assumer maintenant. Comme le dit si bien Maman : 'les femmes d'aujourd'hui ont enfin obtenu leur libération, alors profites-en bien ma chérie !'..."
- Oh yes, my dear, but I recall you that you're not alone (ne… plus n'est pas traduit). Don't forget, you did woo me and insisted on our wedding (insister pour notre marriage et insister pour m'épouser n'est pas tout-à-fait pareil). You have to accept (un peu léger pour assumer) now. As Mom tells it(signifie le raconte et non pas le dit) so well: "today's women finally got liberation, take advantage of it my darling!!"

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de traviskidd, postée le 23-02-2019 à 19:42:37 (S | E)
Hello.

I remind you -- habitually? Every day?
I hereby remind you -- OK mais trop lourd
I will remind you -- Je veux bien te rappeller, je prends ce moment pour te rapeller ...

See you.

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de vaiana, postée le 23-02-2019 à 22:34:43 (S | E)
Hello. Tahnk you both!!

They have driven at full speed towards Normandy for about an hour and a half; they had left Paris at the end of the afternoon after having dropped by (or after dropping by) their flat in the 13th arrondissement in order to do a little tidying and close their two suitcases. Stéphane has been working at France Télécom as a commercial executive for a few months and Nathalie, for her part, had been nominated at the Ministry of Finance upon her leaving/exit of the ENA some 5 years before.

So, "before" is the past of "ago"?

- "I really thought those traffic jams would never end," said Stéphane who was used to living life in the fast line and loathed being made wait more than five minutes. "I wonder why we have to go from Paris on Friday evenings. Were it up to me, I'd leave at 6 A.M. on Saturday mornings, then we'd avoid crowds and pile-ups."

- "Oh yes, my dear, but I will remind you that you're not alone anymore. Don't forget, you're the one who wooed me and insisted on our marrying. You have to live with it now. As Mom says it so well: "today's women have finally got their liberation, so take advantage of it darling!"

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de gerondif, postée le 24-02-2019 à 00:39:50 (S | E)
Bonsoir
They have driven (en fait c'est ils roulaient, donc du past perfect) at full speed towards Normandy for about an hour and a half; they had left Paris at the end of the afternoon after having dropped by (or after dropping by) their flat in the 13th arrondissement in order to do a little tidying and close their two suitcases. Stéphane has (idem)been working at France Télécom as a commercial executive for a few months and Nathalie, for her part, had been nominated at the Ministry of Finance upon her leaving/exit of(c'est un de d'éloignement, pas d'appartenance) the ENA some 5 years before.

So, "before" is the past of "ago"? oui

- "I really thought those traffic jams would never end," said Stéphane who was used to living life in the fast line and loathed being made to wait more than five minutes. "I wonder why we have to go from Paris on Friday evenings. Were it up to me,(un peu littéraire comme tournure) I'd leave at 6 A.M. on Saturday mornings, then we'd avoid crowds and pile-ups."

- "Oh yes, my dear, but I will remind you that you're not alone anymore. Don't forget, you're the one who wooed me and insisted on (marryi,g me ! le sens n'est pas le même) our marrying. You have to live with it now. As Mom says it so well: "today's women have finally got their liberation, so take advantage of it darling!"

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de vaiana, postée le 24-02-2019 à 13:36:33 (S | E)
Hello, thank you!

They had driven at full speed towards Normandy for about an hour and a half; they had left Paris at the end of the afternoon after having dropped by their flat in the 13th arrondissement in order to do a little tidying and close their two suitcases. Stéphane had been working at France Télécom as a commercial executive for a few months and Nathalie, for her part, had been nominated at the Ministry of Finance upon her leaving/exit from the ENA some 5 years before.

- "I really thought those traffic jams would never end," said Stéphane who was used to living life in the fast line and loathed being made to wait more than five minutes. "I wonder why we have to go from Paris on Friday evenings. Were it up to me/If it were up to me, I'd leave at 6 A.M. on Saturday mornings, then we'd avoid crowds and pile-ups."

- "Oh yes, my dear, but I will remind you that you're not alone anymore. Don't forget, you're the one who wooed me and insisted on marrying me. You have to live with it now. As Mom says so well: "today's women have finally got their liberation, so take advantage of it darling!"

Réponse : Thème/ décortiqué de gerondif, postée le 24-02-2019 à 19:30:07 (S | E)
Bonsoir
They had driven at full speed towards Normandy for about an hour and a half; they had left Paris at the end of the afternoon after having dropped by (after dropping by est plus courant) their flat in the 13th arrondissement in order to do a little tidying and close their two suitcases (le français va comprendre fermer ses valises comme signifiant se préparer à voyager. Je ne suis pas sûr que le verbe close ait un sens plausible dans cette traduction)Stéphane had been working at France Télécom as a commercial executive for a few months and Nathalie, for her part, had been nominated at the Ministry of Finance upon her leaving/exit from the ENA some 5 years before.

- "I really thought those traffic jams would never end," said Stéphane who was used to living life in the fast line and loathed being made to wait more than five minutes. "I wonder why we have to go from Paris on Friday evenings. Were it up to me/If it were up to me, I'd leave at 6 A.M. on Saturday mornings, then we'd avoid crowds and pile-ups."

- "Oh yes, my dear, but I will remind you (Don't forget that / bear in mind that) that you're not alone anymore. Don't forget, you're the one who wooed me and insisted on marrying me. You have to live with it now. As Mom says so well: "today's women have finally got their liberation, so take advantage of it, darling!"

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux