Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Bac/Mythes et héros

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Mythes et héros
Message de chamcham posté le 08-05-2018 à 21:27:49 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
J'aurais besoin d'un petit coup de pouce pour ma notion en anglais. Si une âme charitable pouvait m'indiquer mes fautes ce serait génial
Ne vous inquiétez pas de la forme TRES PEU conventionnelle de mon oral, ma professeur a quelque peu des idées bien arrêtées quant à cette épreuve, et voulant obtenir la meilleur note possible je me dois de me plier à ses attentes.

We are going to deal with notion "Myth and Heroes". To begin with, I would like to give a definition of the notion. A myth is a popular believes on which social values are often based. Well… a hero can be someone who is ready to sacrifices or her life in order to make thing positively. A hero is someone who inspires people thanks to his noble qualities. A myth is a traditional story related to a country’s culture and history.
I would like to illustrate this notion through the Nelson Mandela’s life. Nelson Mandela was one of the historic leaders of the fight against the blacks’ discrimination and was the first black president of South Africa.
To begin with, I’m going to make a brief reminder of the historical context, then I will describe the struggle of Nelson Mandela, and finally we will see how he has marked the history by his pacifist action.

Nelson Mandela was born on 18 july 1918 in Mvezo, and he died on 5 december 2013 in Johannesburg, South Africa, aged 95.
The true name of Nelson Mandela is Rolihlahla, in his natal language, the Xhosa. The little Rolihlahla lived in Qunu and goes at school. He was given the name of Nelson by Mlle Mdingane, his teacher. Indeed, it was customary to give a English name and « christian » one the children in school. « Madida » was his clan's name, and it was a mark of respect to call him that way.

He had 13 brothers and sisters. Their father was a respected advisor to the Thembu royal family. But he died when Mandela was only 9 old. In his family, he was the first to go to school. It is in a neighboring village that Mandela begins to realized the white oppression of blacks. At 16, he considered whites as benefactors but as persecutors. In 1939 he went to Fort Hare University, the only university for blacks. He returned to his home village after being expelled from school. But he decided to flee with his brother to escape an arranged marriage. He went to Johannesburg where he did add jobs. He was a night watchman in a gold mine, then an intern in a company. Finally, he decides to become a lawyer. He then studied law. In 1942 he obtained his law degree and was hired in a law firm by his friend Walter Sisulu and 9 years later he opened the first law firm headed by blacks.

He joined the African National Congress (a multi-racial nationalist movement trying to bring about political change in South Africa) in 1944 and formed the ANC Youth League where he fought against racial discrimination and the oppression of the white minority. He fought against apartheid in his native country in a peaceful, non-violent way.
However his party, the ANC, was banned in 1960, and his peaceful struggle was not enough more.

In 1961, he participated in a campaign of sabotage against public and military installations, and he was arrested. In June 1964, he was sentenced to life imprisonment. He remained 27 years in Robben Island where he was held prisoner. He became the symbol of the struggle for racial equality.
He was released in February 1990 as a result of a strong international pressure on the South African White Government.
On June 30, 1991, apartheid was definitely abolished. In the same year he was elected president of the ANC. Two years later he received the Nobel Peace Prize.

In 1994, he became the first black president of South Africa. He has a policy of national reconciliation between whites and blacks and fought against economic inequalities. He wanted a democracy in South Africa. At the end of his term, he fought against poverty and AIDS. He advocates for the defense of human rights.
In 1999 he retired from politics and died 14 years later.

Now, I will slam a text entitled "Soweto 16/06/19763".
This slam talks about the riots of Soweto, this day, all the children who revolted in this city, to fight against the inequalities lived in the school. This text, which I wrote in class and which you have completed, is a good representation of Nelson Mandela's struggle.(là je récite le slam)

To conclude, for me that Nelson Mandela is a hero for South Africa as despite all difficulties he went through, he managed to reach his goal to bring peace in South Africa.
He was a very brave man, a true hero who still deserves admiration all over the world today. He fought for his beliefs, and allowed people of color to live on an equal footing of equality as whites.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-05-2018 21:44

Réponse : Bac/Mythes et héros de laure95, postée le 10-05-2018 à 11:36:09 (S | E)
Bonjour,
- We are going to deal with (article) notion "Myth and Heroes".
- A myth is a popular believes (chercher le nom, believe est un verbe)
- to sacrifices -to + infinitif) (il manque his)or her life in order to make thing (mettre au pluriel)positively.
- I would like to illustrate this notion through the (pas de the)Nelson Mandela’s life.

Il manque une problématique.

- The little Rolihlahla lived in Qunu and goes (passé) at (pas la bonne préposition)school.
- a English name: a+ mot commençant par une consonne.
- and « christian » one the children in school: ?
- But he died when Mandela was only 9 old (enlever old).
- It is (passé)in a neighboring village that Mandela begins (passé) to realized (to + infinitif)the white oppression
- At 16, he considered whites as benefactors but as persecutors.
- he did add jobs: ?
- Finally, he decides (passé)to become a lawyer.
- to bring about political change: mettre au pluriel.
- and his peaceful struggle was not enough more: mal dit.

- He has (passé)a policy
- economic: economical.
- He advocates (passé) for the defense of human rights.

- This slam talks (is pas talks)about the riots of Soweto, this (this ne s'emploie pas au passé)day,
- This text, which I wrote in class and which you (you ?)have completed,

To conclude, for me that (enlever that)Nelson Mandela is a hero for South Africa

Réponse : Bac/Mythes et héros de chamcham, postée le 10-05-2018 à 12:11:35 (S | E)
Bonjour ! Merci beaucoup pour toutes vos indications. Notre professeur nous a indiqué qu'une problématique n'était pas nécesaire. Voici ma correction, cependant il persiste quelques hésitations:

We are going to deal with a notion "Myth and Heroes". To begin with, I would like to
give a definition of the notion. A myth is a popular belief on which social values are often based. Well… a hero can be someone
who is ready to sacrifice or his/her life in order to make things positively.
A hero is someone who inspires people thanks to his noble qualities.
A myth is a traditional story related to a country’s culture and
history.

I would like to illustrate
this notion through Nelson Mandela’s life. Nelson Mandela was one
of the historic leaders of the fight against the blacks’
discrimination and he was the first black president of South Africa.

To begin with, I’m going
to make a brief reminder of the historical context, then I will
describe the struggle of Nelson Mandela, and finally we will see how
he has marked the history by his pacifist action.

Nelson
Mandela was born on 18 july 1918 in Mvezo, and he died on 5 december
2013 in Johannesburg, South Africa, aged 95.

The
true name of Nelson Mandela is Rolihlahla, in his natal language, the
Xhosa. The little Rolihlahla lived in Qunu and went to school. He was given the name of
Nelson by Mlle Mdingane, his teacher. Indeed, it was customary to
give an English name to children at school.
« Madida »
was his clan's name, and it was a mark of respect to call him that
way.

He
had 13 brothers and sisters. Their father was a respected advisor to
the Thembu royal family. But he died when Mandela was only 9. In his
family, he was the first to go to school. It was in a neighboring village that Mandela begins to realize the white oppression of blacks. At 16, he considered whites as
benefactors but as persecutors. In 1939 he went to Fort Hare
University, the only university for blacks. He returned to his home
village after being expelled from school. But he decided to flee with
his brother to escape an arranged marriage. He went to Johannesburg
where he did small jobs. He was a night
watchman in a gold mine, then an intern in a company. Finally, he decided to become a lawyer. He then
studied law. In 1942 he obtained his law degree and was hired in a
law firm by his friend Walter Sisulu and 9 years later he opened the
first law firm headed by blacks.

He
joined the African National Congress (a multi-racial nationalist
movement trying to bring about political changes in South Africa) in 1944 and formed the ANC Youth League where
he fought against racial discrimination and the oppression of the
white minority. He fought against apartheid in his
native country in a peaceful, non-violent way.

However
his party, the ANC, was banned in 1960, and his
peaceful struggle was not enough more.
(je
veux ici dire “sa lutte pacifique ne suffisait plus” mais j'ai du
mal à l'exprimer)

In 1961, he participated in a campaign of sabotage against public and military installations, and he was arrested. In June 1964, he was sentenced to life imprisonment. He remained 27 years in Robben Island where he was held prisoner. He became the symbol of the struggle for racial equality.
He was released in February 1990 as a result of a strong international pressure on the South African White Government.
On June 30, 1991, apartheid was definitely abolished. In the same year he was elected president of the ANC. Two years later he received the Nobel Peace Prize.

In 1994, he became the first black president of South Africa. He has a policy of national reconciliation between whites and blacks and fought against economical inequalities. He wanted a democracy in South Africa. At the end of his term, he fought against poverty and AIDS. He advocated for the defense of human rights.
In 1999 he retired from politics and died 14 years later.

Now,
I will slam a text entitled "Soweto 16/06/19763".
This
slam is about the riots of Soweto, this
day
, (je ne sais pas comment le
remplacer
) all the children who revolted in this city, to
fight against the inequalities lived in the school. This text, which
I wrote in class and which you (je vouvoie ma
professeur mais you=vous non ?)
have completed, is a good
representation of Nelson Mandela's struggle.

To
conclude, for me Nelson Mandela was a hero for South Africa as
despite all difficulties he encountered, he managed to reach his goal
to bring peace in South Africa.

He
was a very brave man, a true hero who always still deserves
admiration all over the world today. He fought for his beliefs, and
allowed people of color to live on an equal footing of equality like
whites.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-05-2018 22:30
La mise en forme est catastrophique! Vous avez pourtant été averti de soigner la présentation.

Réponse : Bac/Mythes et héros de laure95, postée le 10-05-2018 à 18:20:39 (S | E)
Bonsoir,
We are going to deal with a (mettre the pas a) notion "Myth and Heroes".
- Their father was a respected advisor to the Thembu royal family.
- It was in a neighboring village that Mandela begins (passé)to realize the white oppression of blacks.
- At 16, he considered whites (not?)as benefactors but as persecutors.
- and his peaceful struggle was not enough more.(je
veux ici dire “sa lutte pacifique ne suffisait plus” mais j'ai du
mal à l'exprimer): enlever more.
- He has (passé) a policy of national reconciliation
- this day, (je ne sais pas comment le remplacer): THAT day.*
- to fight against the inequalities lived (lived ne va pas ici)in the school.
- and which you (je vouvoie ma professeur mais you=vous non ?) have completed,: tu ne dois pas le dire, tu fais face à un examinateur.
- to live on an equal footing of equality (enlever of equality) like (with pas like) whites.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux