Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'?

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'?
Message de here4u posté le 28-04-2022 à 14:25:49 (S | E | F)
Hello, dear workers,

Voici votre nouveau thème ! (phrases toujours tirées d'échanges contemporains entendus dans la vie quotidienne ou dans des fictions télévisées ...) Courage !

Translate into English :

1. « Il n’avait aucun droit de prendre la situation en mains comme il en avait l’intention, mais je ne crois pas qu’il ait en lui la capacité de travailler en équipe comme il fallait le faire ici … »

2. « Ne lui fais pas de reproches pour n’importe quoi … Il ne faisait que suivre mes ordres et je suis désolé de lui avoir fait subir ceci … Je vais me rattraper envers lui et envers toi, et en fin de compte, je vous expliquerai tout … »

3. « J’ai simplement peur des mauvaises retombées de son intervention … Cela aura des conséquences très néfastes sur toute l’équipe, et finalement sur toute notre compagnie. »

4. « Je sais que vous n’étiez qu’à une seconde de dire et faire quelque chose que vous auriez regretté … » « Vous avez raison ! Cela aurait été un désastre. » « Je ne pouvais pas laisser cela arriver ! »

5. « Vous n’êtes plus le même depuis ce temps là, et je le déplore … mais ne m’excluez pas, d’accord ? On peut couper la poire en deux, non ? »

6. « Je n’ai pas le droit d’être ici ? Tu es en train de manigancer quelque chose que tu ne veux pas que je sache. Ce sont des questions rhétoriques ! Je sais exactement ce que tu « fabriques » !

Cet exercice est un et sa correction sera en ligne le vendredi 13 mai.
May THE FORCE be and stay with you...

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de soliart, postée le 28-04-2022 à 17:34:14 (S | E)
Bien le bonjour !

J'ai été très largement en retard pour l'exercice précédent, car m'est venue aujourd'hui même l'envie de vous rejoindre après une longue absence, mais cette fois je tâche d'être le premier sur le coup !
beaucoup pour cette proposition, très agréable à tenter ! vous pourrez trouver une première proposition plus "spoken" que "written" English, et la seconde plus "littéraire", pour chaque phrase.

Have good fun folks!

1. “He had no right to do things his way, and I believe he lacks team spirit, which is needed here.”
“He was not allowed to handle the situation the way he intended to, and I doubt he is capable of working as a team as he was supposed to (be) in here”.

2. “Don't put it all on him.. He just did as I asked him and that's my loss... I've got you guys, and eventually I'll tell you everything...”
"Do not blame him for nothing... He was merely following my orders and I am sorry for that.. I will make it up to you and him and, ultimately, I shall tell you everything..."

3. “It's just that I'm nervous about the mess that his speech left behind... It will really do a number on the team, before it eventually extends to the whole company.”
“I just fear about the negative fallout of his speech... It will jeopardise the team and the company as a whole.”

4. “I know that you were about to say and do something that you would have been sorry for...” “You bet! It would have been chaos”. “There is no way!”
"I can tell that you were on the verge of saying and doing a most regrettable thing...” “That is right! It would have wreaked amok”. “I could not let that happen!”

5. "It's a shame that you've changed altogether... but don't brush me off, okay? Let's cut down the middle, right?”
"You have never been the same person ever since, and believe that I am sorry for that... but do not leave me out, please? I am convinced that we can find common ground!”

6. “I can't be here, uh? What trick are you trying to pull? Don't get me started, I know exactly what you're "up to!”
“How come I cannot be here? You are up to something you do not want me to know about. It is purely rhetorical! I know exactly what you are “plotting”!”

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de amalia80, postée le 29-04-2022 à 07:51:22 (S | E)
HELLO!Here4u !
I found this exercise very difficult!
Thank you for the corrections.

1) " He had no right to take the control of the situation as he intended to,but I don't think he has the capacity to work in a team as it had to be done here..."

2"Don't blame him for anything...He was only following my orders and I'm sorry I put him through this...I will make up to him and you,and in the end I will explain everything ."

3)" I'm just afraid of the bad feedback from his intervention...This will have a negative impact on the whole team and ultimately on our whole company."

4)"I know you were only a second away from saying or doing something you would have regretted...""You are right!It would have been a disaster.""I could not let that happen!"

5)"You haven't been the same since then,and I deplore it...But do not exclude me,okay? We can split the difference,right?"

6)"I'm not allowed to be here? You are up to something you don't want me to know.These are rethorical questions!Iknow exactly what you are "plotting!"

-------------------
Modifié par amalia80 le 09-05-2022 11:13

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de here4u, postée le 29-04-2022 à 21:26:26 (S | E)
Hello dears!

Yesterday, I didn't say back on this Forum to soliart... because he had posted a "last-minute" translation.
Here he is, back for the following exercise (and is as ever of course!)[by the way... there are 4 different exercises a fortnight and you can do them all, of course, you're most . ]
Yet, I wouldn't want you all to follow soliart's "bad" example...

You have a text, or here, sentences which have a "tone", a mini context given by the words and the punctuation used in French. Therefore, YOU have to make a choice to give me ONE, and only one version of the sentences matching what I've written for you to translate... Taking exams, or doing exercises is taking a risk, and not letting your reader take it for you.

Think well, and give me YOUR BEST, as ever!

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de alpiem, postée le 02-05-2022 à 18:07:52 (S | E)
Hello every one and here 4U
Translate into English 226

1. « Il n’avait aucun droit de prendre la situation en mains comme il en avait l’intention, mais je ne crois pas qu’il ait en lui la capacité de travailler en équipe comme il fallait le faire ici … »
"He had no right to take charge of the situation like he was intended to do it, but I dont think he has the hability inside of him to work in team like he must have done it that time."

2. « Ne lui fais pas de reproches pour n’importe quoi … Il ne faisait que suivre mes ordres et je suis désolé de lui avoir fait subir ceci … Je vais me rattraper envers lui et envers toi, et en fin de compte, je vous expliquerai tout … »
"Don't rebuke him for everything...He was only following my orders and I regret I had taken it out on him...I'm going to make it up to him and I'll ultimatly explain everything to you....".

3. « J’ai simplement peur des mauvaises retombées de son intervention … Cela aura des conséquences très néfastes sur toute l’équipe, et finalement sur toute notre compagnie. »
"I'm simply scared of negative fallout from his interventions..it will have adverse conséquences fo the entire team and on the long terme over the whole company."

4. « Je sais que vous n’étiez qu’à une seconde de dire et faire quelque chose que vous auriez regretté … » « Vous avez raison ! Cela aurait été un désastre. » « Je ne pouvais pas laisser cela arriver ! »
"I know you were one second away from telling and doing something you would have regretted"..."You are right, that would have been a disaster." "I could not have let that happen."

5. « Vous n’êtes plus le même depuis ce temps là, et je le déplore … mais ne m’excluez pas, d’accord ? On peut couper la poire en deux, non ? »
" You've not been the same person ever since this time and I do regret it ...but don't dismiss me allright? Why not split the difference okay?"

6. « Je n’ai pas le droit d’être ici ? Tu es en train de manigancer quelque chose que tu ne veux pas que je sache. Ce sont des questions rhétoriques ! Je sais exactement ce que tu
«fabriques » !
"I'm not allowed to stand there ? Are you beeing plotting something you don't want me to know.These are rethoric questions. I know exactly what you are up to !"

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de icare29, postée le 07-05-2022 à 11:11:44 (S | E)
Hello Here4u , and hardworkers, here is my work ... READY

1. « Il n'avait aucun droit de prendre la situation en mains comme il en avait l'intention, mais je ne crois pas qu'il ait en lui la capacité de travailler en équipe comme il fallait le faire ici ? »
He had no right to take the situation in his own hands as he had intended to do it , but I don't believe he had the capability in himself to work in team spirit as it had to be done here .

2. « Ne lui fais pas de reproches pour n'importe quoi ? Il ne faisait que suivre mes ordres et je suis désolé de lui avoir fait subir ceci ? Je vais me rattraper envers lui et envers toi, et en fin de compte, je vous expliquerai tout ? ».
Don't blame him for anything. He was simply following my orders and I am sorry for having made him put through this . I am going to be made up towards him and you and finally I will explain you everything

3. « J'ai simplement peur des mauvaises retombées de son intervention ? Cela aura des conséquences très néfastes sur toute l'équipe, et finalement sur toute notre compagnie. »
I am simply scared about the bad effects of his intervention . That will have very damaging consequences on all team and , finally, on our whole company

4. « Je sais que vous n'étiez qu'à une seconde de dire et faire quelque chose que vous auriez regretté ? » « Vous avez raison ! Cela aurait été un désastre. » « Je ne pouvais pas laisser cela arriver ! ».
I know you were about to say and do something that you would have regretted.You are right . That would have been a disaster . I couldn't let that happen

5. « Vous n'êtes plus le même depuis ce temps là, et je le déplore ? mais ne m'excluez pas, d'accord ? On peut couper la poire en deux, non ? »
you haven't been the same person since then, and I deplore it ,but don't shut me out, right, we can split the difference, can't we ?

6. « Je n'ai pas le droit d'être ici ? Tu es en train de manigancer quelque chose que tu ne veux pas que je sache. Ce sont des questions rhétoriques ! Je sais exactement ce que tu « fabriques » !
I have no right to be here.. you are going to scheming something that you do not want me to know. These are rhetorical questions. I exactly know what you are plotting.

Thank you very much for your correction

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de magie8, postée le 07-05-2022 à 12:22:54 (S | E)
hello ready to correct

1 . « Il n’avait aucun droit de prendre la situation en mains comme il en avait l’intention, mais je ne crois pas qu’il ait en lui la capacité de travailler en équipe comme il fallait le faire ici … »
"He had no right to handle the situation as he intended to, anyway I don't think he has special skill to work as a team as it should be done here..."

"Don't blame him for anything...He was just following my orders and I am sorry I put him through that. I am going to make it up to him and you and in the end I will explain everything to you..."

" I am just afraid of the bad fallout... That will have detrimental effects on the whole team and eventually on our whole company."

" I know you were only a second away from saying and doing something you would have regretted..." "You're right! It would have been a disaster..." " I couldn't let that happen !"

"You're not the same since then, and I regret that...However don't shut me out, right? We can have the best of the both worlds. Can't we?"

6. « Je n’ai pas le droit d’être ici ? Tu es en train de manigancer quelque chose que tu ne veux pas que je sache. Ce sont des questions rhétoriques ! Je sais exactement ce que tu « fabriques!"
"Am I not allowed to be here ? You're up to something you don't want me to know.Those are rhetorical questions! I exactly know what you are up to!"

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de maxwell, postée le 08-05-2022 à 08:18:05 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Hello Here4U!
Thanks a lot, I just love your sentences and I'm glad I've found time to translate them

Translate into English :

He had no right to to take things in hand as he intended to, but I don't think he has within himself the ability to work in teams as it had to be done here...

Don't put the blame on him for anything... He was only following my orders and I'm sorry I put him through this... I'm going to make it up to him and to you, and when all is said and done, I'll explain everything to both of you.

I'm only afraid of the fallout of his intervention... That will have very detrimental consequences on the whole team and finally on our whole company.

"I know you were only one second away from saying or doing something that you would have regretted..." "You're right! It would have been a disaster." "I couldn't let that happen!"

5. « Vous n’êtes plus le même depuis ce temps-là, et je le déplore … mais ne m’excluez pas, d’accord ? On peut couper la poire en deux, non ? »
"You haven't been the same person since then, and I regret it... but don't kick me out, will you? We can still meet halfway, can't we?"

6. « Je n’ai pas le droit d’être ici ? Tu es en train de manigancer quelque chose que tu ne veux pas que je sache. Ce sont des questions rhétoriques ! Je sais exactement ce que tu « fabriques » !
"Am I not allowed to be here? You're plotting something you don't want me to know about. These are rhetoric questions! I know exactly what you're up to!

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de mad14, postée le 09-05-2022 à 11:21:42 (S | E)
Good morning Here4U. "Practice makes perfect!"

1) He had no right to take the situation in hand like he had intention of doing it, but I don't believe that he has the ability to work on team like it was needed to do here.

2) Don't make him reproaches for just anything...He was just following my orders and I am sorry making to put up him with this...I'm going to make up with it in regard to him and in regard to you and in the end I will explain all to you.

3) I am merely afraid of bad effects of his intervention...That will be absolutely harmful outcomes on the entirely team, and eventually on our whole company

4) I know that you were only a second away from saying and making something that you would have been regretting.. You are right! That would have been a disaster. I couldn't left that to happen!

5) You have not been the same since that time there, and I deplore it...but don't exclude me, OK? We can meet halfway, no?

6) I haven't the right to be here? You are being up to something that you don't want (that) I know. These are rhetorical questions! I precisely know what you are doing!

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de lapinoues, postée le 09-05-2022 à 16:03:47 (S | E)
Hello here4u, let's translate (or try to)!

1.« Il n’avait aucun droit de prendre la situation en mains comme il en avait l’intention, mais je ne crois pas qu’il ait en lui la capacité de travailler en équipe comme il fallait le faire ici … »
"He had no right to take over the situation like he did, but I don't think he possesses the ability to work as a team as it should have been done here..."

"Don't blame him for every little thing... He was only following my orders and I'm sorry I made him go through this... I'll make it up to him and to you, and in the end, I'll explain everything..."

"I'm only worried about the negative repercussions of his intervention... This will bring about extremely bad consequences on the whole team, and ultimately on the whole company."

"I know you were only a second away from saying and doing something you would have regretted...""Youre're right ! It would have been a disaster.""I could not let it happen !"

"You've changed since that time, and I regret it... but don't push me aside, alright ? We can meet halfway, can't we ?

"I don't have any right to be here ? You're plotting something that you don't want me to know about. These are rethorical questions ! I know exactly what you're doing !"

Thank you!

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de alpiem, postée le 09-05-2022 à 17:55:33 (S | E)
Voici votre nouveau thème ! (phrases toujours tirées d'échanges contemporains entendus dans la vie quotidienne ou dans des fictions télévisées ...) Courage !

Translate into English :Thanks to you dear HERE !

1. « Il n'avait aucun droit de prendre la situation en mains comme il en avait l'intention, mais je ne crois pas qu'il ait en lui la capacité de travailler en équipe comme il fallait le faire ici ? »
He had no right to take charge of the situation the way he was intended to do, but I think he hasn't

the ability of working in team inside him like he should have had right here.

2. « Ne lui fais pas de reproches pour n'importe quoi ? Il ne faisait que suivre mes ordres et je suis désolé de lui avoir fait subir ceci ? Je vais me rattraper envers lui et envers toi, et en fin de compte, je vous expliquerai tout ? »

"Don't rebuke him fo everything...He was only following my orders and I wish I hadn't taken it out of
him....I am going to make it up to him and in the end I'll explain everything to you!

3. « J'ai simplement peur des mauvaises retombées de son intervention ? Cela aura des conséquences très néfastes sur toute l'équipe, et finalement sur toute notre compagnie. »
" I'm simply scared of negative fall out from his intervention...It will have adverse conseqences for
the entire team and in the long term over the whole company."

4. « Je sais que vous n'étiez qu'à une seconde de dire et faire quelque chose que vous auriez regretté ? » « Vous avez raison ! Cela aurait été un désastre. » « Je ne pouvais pas laisser cela arriver ! »

"I reckon that you were but a second from telling and doing something you would have regretted"
"You're right, that would have been a diaster".
"I could not have allowed that to happen"!.

5. « Vous n'êtes plus le même depuis ce temps là, et je le déplore ? mais ne m'excluez pas, d'accord ? On peut couper la poire en deux, non ? »
"You haven't been the same person ever since this time, and I regret it? but don't dismiss me all-right?
Why not split the difference?

6. « Je n'ai pas le droit d'être ici ? Tu es en train de manigancer quelque chose que tu ne veux pas que je sache. Ce sont des questions rhétoriques ! Je sais exactement ce que tu « fabriques » !
I'm not allowed to stand here? You are about to plot something you don't want me to be tipped up on, don't you?
These are rethoric questions .I know exactly what you are up to.

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de swan85, postée le 10-05-2022 à 21:57:29 (S | E)
Hello Here4U
Thank you for this new exercise.

Ready to be corrected

1. « He had no right to take in charge the situation as he intended to, but I don’t think he is able to work in teams as it had to be done here…»

2. « Ne lui fais pas de reproches pour n’importe quoi … Il ne faisait que suivre mes ordres et je suis désolé de lui avoir fait subir ceci … Je vais me rattraper envers lui et envers toi, et en fin de compte, je vous expliquerai tout… »
2. « Don’t blame him for nothing….he was only following my orders and I am sorry I put him with this...I am going to make up for him and you, and in the end I will explain everything»

3. «I’m simply afraid of the bad fallout from his speech… This will have very harmful outcomes for the whole team and ultimately for our entire company.»

4. « I know you were only a second away from saying and doing something you would have regretted … » «You are right ! It would have been a disaster. » « I couldn’t let that happen ! »

5. "You haven’t been the same since that time, and I regret it ... but don't leave me aside, please ? we can meet halfway, right? »

6. « I’m not allowed to be here? You are plotting something you don’t want me to know. These are rhetorical questions! I know exactly what you « are up to » !

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de maya92, postée le 11-05-2022 à 09:37:57 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

Translate into English :

He had no right at all to take control of the situation as he intended to, but I don’t think he is flexible enough to work in a team as he had to do there

Don’t blame him for anything.. He was just following my orders and I am sorry for putting him through all that. I’ll make it up to him and to you
and, eventually, I’ll explain everything to you

3. « J’ai simplement peur des mauvaises retombées de son intervention … Cela aura des conséquences très néfastes sur toute l’équipe, et finalement sur toute notre compagnie.
I simply fear the bad fallout of his intervention .. This will have disastrous consequences for the whole team and eventually for all our company

‘I know you were about to say or do something you would have regretted’.. ‘You’re right ! It would have been a disaster’. ‘I couldn’t let that happen !’

You’ve not been the same since then and I feel concerned about that .. but don’t rule me out won’t you ? We can split the difference, can’t we ?

Me, not allowed to be here ? Are you cooking up something you do not want me to know ? This is just rhetoric ! I know precisely what you’re up to !

Thank u -

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de here4u, postée le 14-05-2022 à 12:21:57 (S | E)

Hum hum...SORRY! It seems that I've skipped posting the "corrections"... and no real free time today... Hope to put everything online tonight...

Réponse : Ex 226/did you say 'holiday'? de here4u, postée le 14-05-2022 à 16:58:11 (S | E)
Hello dear workers!

Désolée pour le jour de retard, presque, de votre corrigé ! Prise dans un engrenage d'obligations et de préoccupations, je ne sais plus trop quel jour on est et ai « oublié » votre correction – qui était prête – avec très bonne conscience ! No excuses, really ! Ensuite, il me fallait pouvoir accéder à Word ! SORRY!

Translate into English:

«He had no right to take the situation into his own hands as he intended to, but I really don’t think that he has it in him to be a teamplayer as he should have been here…»

- prendre la situation en mains : to take the situation into his own hands
- prendre en charge : to take over
- qu’il ait en lui « la capacité de travailler »: expression traduite par «it»= he has it in him to…
- travailler en équipe : est plus personnalisé avec : to be a team member/ teamworker/ to have team work abilities/ to work as a team member/ (you can’t expect one person to be a team !)

«Do not blame him for anything. He was only following my instructions and I’m sorry I’ve put him through this. I’ll make it up to you and to him, and I will eventually explain everything to you…»

- Faire des reproches pour : to blame someone for stg/
- Faire subir : to put someone through something
- Se rattraper : to make up for something/ to retrieve a situation/ to put things right/ to catch up/
- En fin de compte : ultimately/ at the end of the day/ in the end/ after all is said and done/ as it emerges/
when all is said and done/ altogether/
- Expliquer qqch à qqn : to explain something to somebody.

«I’m just afraid of the fallout of his intervention... It’s going to take a toll on the whole team, and ultimately, on the whole company…»

- Les retombées : the fallout (from)/ the repercussions/ the consequences/ the impact/
- Avoir des conséquences très néfastes sur : to take a toll on/ to have a negative impact on/ have adverse consequences/ brutal toll/ heavy toll/

«I know that you were a split second from doing something that you would have regretted.» -«You’re right… it would have been a disaster…» - «I couldn’t let that happen…»

- n’être qu’à une seconde de : a second away from/ be about to (un peu trop « faible » ici)/ a split second away from/ pour exprimer la proximité absolue : utilisation de "a split second": une fraction de seconde.

«You haven’t been the same since then… and I hate that, but don’t shut me out, will you? Can you meet me halfway on this?»

- Vous n’êtes plus le même depuis : le present perfect s’impose.
- déplorer : deplore/ find regrettable/ be sorry for/ be sorry about/
- exclure : exclude someone/ expel/ dismiss/ kick someone out/ shut out/ rule out/
- couper la poire en deux : split the difference/ meet halfway/ faire des concessions, des compromis.

6. « Je n’ai pas le droit d’être ici ? Tu es en train de manigancer quelque chose que tu ne veux pas que je sache ? Ce sont des questions rhétoriques ! Je sais exactement ce que tu « fabriques » !
«Am I not allowed to be here? Are you up to something you don’t want me to know about? These are rhetorical questions… I know exactly what you’re up to…

- Comme il est fait mention de « questions » rhétoriques, il était bien question d’exprimer des interrogations ; donc j’ai utilisé des formes interrogatives. « Am I not allowed… ? » et « Are you up to… ? »
- Rhetoric= le NOM ! ( : la rhétorique) (comme logic !( la logique)) Les adjectifs : logical/ rhetorical/
- Question rhétorique : a rhetorical question [a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer: not a « real » question !]
- Manigancer/ comploter/ « fabriquer »/ : to plot/ to be up to stg/ to scheme/ to hatch/
Essayer d’employer des mots différents pour chaque usage de la phrase lorsqu’ils sont différents en français.

Encore pour votre excellent travail et pour les nombreux amateurs !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux