Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Rack your brains and Help!/56

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 12-10-2019 à 21:58:14 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear Friends,

Ceci sera le dernier Rack Your Brains "ancien format" : Help my Student + un autre exercice (ou plus). En l'honneur de cette "dernière édition", vous aurez, en option, un exercice de "grammaire-compréhension de structures" et, toujours en option, un exercice de courte d'expression, comme vous les aimez ... Pour la suite, le devoir n'aura plus qu'un seul exercice, "Help my Student!" pour le moment. Pour toute question ou suggestion, n'hésitez pas à me contacter en mp.
Ceci est un La correction sera en ligne à partir du Lundi 28 octobre, tard.

I. Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 12 fautes à corriger ! (en majuscules !)

Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their lap. Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for ‘first-time parents’. Aery is their baby: they won’t be having children. Rochow, 24, graduate student in social work; Wheeler, 26, high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the nine weeks old puppy, make a complete family unit.
“I feel that I would be giving a lot of my life to become a parent,” says Rochow. “That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do.” Wheeler adds that he’d constantly worry for a child – “more so than most parents”. Rochow knew she didn’t want kids as soon as high school. «I don’t think it’s responsible for me to bring a child into this world.»
Throughout the past decades, the number of married couples in the United States and the UK without children has decreased. In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids, while just 20% did in 2012.
“ As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the push toward motherhood, I realised that I didn’t share those feelings.” At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married to her high school sweetheart. They’d previously discussed to have children – only to brush it off because they were “too young”. When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured. They’d want children. But it didn’t. “Neither of us was feeling interested…” she says.
We’ve encountered many couples and individuals who considered their pets to be something like human children.
“ A child-free man just recently quited his job because he learnt from his vet that his dog was dying ; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life.” A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for its cats
The idea of pets replacing kids is a contentious topic in the child-free community.
In addition to conserve money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the “emotional toll” of having children, too.
“I’m a social worker,” she says. “I know what it’s like for humans out there. And being able to give a child all of what it needs – I really feel like I can’t do that.”

II. OPTIONAL: What do the following pronouns and contractions refer to?
They ...(a)’d ...(b) previously discussed having children – only to brush it ...(c) off because they were “too young”. When their ...(d) mid-thirties arrived, it ... (e) would just happen, they figured. They’d ...(f) want children. But it... (g) didn’t. “Neither of us ... (h) was feeling interested…” she says.

(a) « they » refers to …
(b) « ‘d » refers to…
(c) « it » refers to
(d) « their» refers to
(e) « it » refers to
(f) « ‘d » refers to
(g) « it » refers to
(h) « us » refers to

III. OPTIONAL: EXPRESSION: A childless community vs a childfree community … Can you see a difference between the two expressions? Explain. (No more than 130 words)

I give you the FORCE, while you'll give me YOUR BEST, as usual. I hope many of you will answer this call!

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de magie8, postée le 14-10-2019 à 20:52:31 (S | E)
BONJOUR
toujours en forme pour continuer🤩👨‍🎓 BON POUR CORRIGER

I. Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 12 fautes à corriger ! (en majuscules !)
Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their LAPS. Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for ‘first-time parents’. Aery is their baby: they won’t be having children. Rochow, 24, graduate student in social work; Wheeler, 26, high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the NINE-WEEK old puppy, make UP(constituent, composent) a complete family unit.
“I feel LIKE I would be giving a lot of my life to become a parent,” says Rochow. “That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do.” Wheeler adds that he’d constantly worry ABOUT a child – “more so than most parents”. Rochow knew she didn’t want kids as EARLY as high school. «I don’t think it’s responsible for me to bring a child into this world.»
Throughout the past decades, the number of married couples in the United States and the UK without children has INCREASED . In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids, while just 20% did in 2012.*
“ As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the PULL( de l'attrait, de l'attirance) toward motherhood, I realised that I didn’t share those feelings.” At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married to her high school sweetheart. They’d previously discussed to HAVING children – only to brush it off because they were “too young”. When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured. They’d want children. But it didn’t. “Neither of us was feeling interested…” she says.
We’ve encountered many couples and individuals who considered their pets to be something like human children.
“ A child-free man just recently QUIT** his job because he learnt from his vet that his dog was dying ; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life.” A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for THEIR cats
The idea of pets replacing kids is a contentious topic in the child-free community.
In addition to CONSERVING money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the “emotional toll” of having children, too.
“I’m a social worker,” she says. “I know what it’s like for humans out there. And being able to give a child all of what it needs – I really feel like I can’t do that.”

*après avoir relu 10 fois et bien réfléchi: si les couples avec des enfants sont moins nombreux ,cela veut dire que les sans enfants ont augmenté donc without children = has increased
** quit celui-ci je m'en souviens cela pourrait être quitted mais rare mais pas quited non

ROCHOW AND wHEELER(a) HAD (b) previously discussed having children – only to brush it... (c) off because they were “too young”.(referes to the fact Having children) When their AGE...(d) mid-thirties arrived,(referes to ROCHOW AND wHEELER TIME HAVING CHILDREN... (e) would just happen, they figured. They WOULD ...(f) want children. But ROCHOW AND Wheeler ... (g) didn’t WANT TO HAVE CHILDREN ( . “Neither of us ... (h) was feeling interested…” she says.(refers to Rochow and Wheeler)

dESOLEE JE NE SAIS PAS TROP COMMENT FONCTIONNE CET EXERCICE ?

III. OPTIONAL: EXPRESSION: A childless community vs a childfree community … Can you see a difference between the two expressions? Explain. (No more than 130 words)
Childfree community are couple who have made the choice not to have children, they could have children , it is their freedom not to make them.They do not want the worries nor the obligations that a child's education entails.They prefer spending their money on other pleasures.They are happy like that.
Childless community would be in my opinion rather people who cannot have children for various medical or physiological reasons it is against their will; these people live with a very painful feeling of frustration.They are very unhappy(90)

BON à corriger

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de maxwell, postée le 16-10-2019 à 11:16:55 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U
Thank you so much for these difficult exercises! I did what I could... I can't wait to have your correction!

I) Help my student:
Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their lap. Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for ‘first-time parents’. Aery is their baby: they won’t be having children. Rochow, 24, graduate student in social work; Wheeler, 26, high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the nine-WEEK-old puppy, make a complete family unit.
“I feel that I would be giving a lot of my life to become a parent,” says Rochow. “That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do.” Wheeler adds that he’d constantly worry for a child – “more so than most parents”. Rochow knew she didn’t want kids as EARLY as high school. «I don’t think it’s responsible for me to bring a child into this world.»
Throughout the past decades, in the United States and the UK, the number of married couples WITH children has decreased. In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids, while just 20% did in 2012.
“ As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the push toward motherhood, I realised that I didn’t share those feelings.” At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married to her high school sweetheart. They’d previously discussed HAVING children – only to brush it off because they were “too young”. When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured. They’d want children. But it didn’t. “Neither of us was feeling interested…” she says.
“ A child-free man just recently QUIT his job because he learnt from his vet that his dog was dying ; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life.” A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for THEIR cats
In addition to conserve money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the “emotional toll” of having children, too.
“I’m a social worker,” she says. “I know what it’s like for humans out there, [] being UNABLE to give a child all of what THEY NEED – I really feel [] I can’t do that.”

La dernière phrase commence par "And", je l'ai supprimé pour te faire plaisir 

They ...(a)’d ...(b) previously discussed having children – only to brush it ...(c) off because they were “too young”. When their ...(d) mid-thirties arrived, it ... (e) would just happen, they figured. They’d ...(f) want children. But it... (g) didn’t. “Neither of us ... (h) was feeling interested…” she says.

(a) « they » refers to …Rochow and Wheeler, when they were younger
(b) « ‘d » refers to… had
(c) « it » refers to having children
(d) « their» refers to Rochow's and Wheeler's
(e) « it » refers to having children
(f) « ‘d » refers to would
(g) « it » refers to having children
(h) « us » refers to Rochow and Wheeler, now

III. OPTIONAL: EXPRESSION: A childless community vs a childfree community … Can you see a difference between the two expressions? Explain. (No more than 130 words)
Childless means that the lack of child is regrettable or sad, mainly due to infertility, or because they haven't met the right partner yet.On the other hand, child-free means that the absence of child is a real deliberate choice, for personal practical reasons or out of conviction, because they couldn't give what a child deserves to live happily in this cruel world. (66)

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de alpiem, postée le 19-10-2019 à 22:31:09 (S | E)
hello ,again and my RACK 56
IS FINISHED
Lisa Roshow IS SITTING beside her partner,as her Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their lapS.
Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch , is a new addition to the family, both Rochow
and Wheeler look relaxed AS 'first-time parents'.
Aery is their baby they won't be having children.
Rochow 24, graduate student in social work; Wheller 26, high-school history teacher; and Aery, the NINE
-week old puppy, make a complete family unit.
"I feel LIKE I WOULDN'T be giving a lot of my life to become a parent", says Rochow ."that would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you WANTED to do".
Wheeler adds that he'd constantly BE WORRIED ABOUT a child "more so than most parents".
Rochow knew she didn't want kids AS FAR AS high school.
"I don't think It's responsible for me to bring a child into this world".
Throughout the past decades, the number of married couples in the United States and the UK without chidren has INCREASED. In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids,while just 20% in 2012 .

"As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the push toward motherhood, I realised that I didn't share those fellings".
At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her.
She was happily married to her high school sweetheart.
They'd previously discussed to have children- only to brush it off because they were"too young".
When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen,they figured.
They WOULD want children. But they didn't." Neither of us was feeling interested..." she says.
We ve encountered many couples and individuals who considered their pets to be something like human children.
"A child-free man just recently quited his job because he HAD LEARNT from vet that his dog was dying;
he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life."
A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for its cats.
In addition to cnserve money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the "emotional toll"of having children, too.
"I'm a social worker"she says. "I know what it is like for humans out there. And being able to give a child all of what HE NEEDS- I really feel like I can't do that."

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de joe39, postée le 22-10-2019 à 18:12:55 (S | E)
Dear here4u,
After racking my brain, I’m sending you my work, ready to be corrected.

. Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 12 fautes à corriger ! (en majuscules !)

Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their lap. Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for ‘first-time parents’. Aery is their baby: they won’t be having children. Rochow, 24, graduate student in social work; Wheeler, 26, high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the nine -WEEK -old puppy, make a complete family unit.
1 feel LIKE GIVING UP a lot of my life to become a parent,” says Rochow. “That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do.” Wheeler adds that he’d constantly WORRIED for a child – “MUCH MORE than most parents”. Rochow knew she didn’t want kids as EARLY as high school. «I don’t think it’s responsible for me to bring a child into this world.»
Throughout the past decades, the number of married couples in the United States and the UK without children has INCREASED. In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids, while just 20% did in 2012.
“ As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the push toward motherhood, I realised that I didn’t share those feelings.” At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married to her high school sweetheart. They’d previously discussed HAVING children – only to brush it off because they were “too young”. When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured. They’d want children. But it didn’t. “Neither of us was feeling interested…” she says.
“ A child-free man just recently QUIT his job because he learnt from his vet that his dog was dying ; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life.” A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for THEIR cats
In addition to SAVE money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the “emotional toll” of having children, too.
“I’m a social worker,” she says. “I know what it’s like for humans out there. And being UNABLE TO GIVE TO a child all of what HE needs – I really feel like I can’t do that.”

II. OPTIONAL: II. OPTIONAL: What do the following pronouns and contractions refer to?
They ...(a)’d ...(b) it ...(c) off because they were “too young”. When their ...(d) mid-thirties arrived, it ... (e) would just happen, they figured. They’d ...(f) want children. But it... (g) didn’t. “Neither of us ... (h) was feeling interested…” she says.

(a) « they » refers to … Rochow and Wheeler, were they were younger
(b) « ‘d » refers to…had
(c) « it » refers to…having children
(d) « their» refers to their ages
(f) « ‘d » refers to would just happen
(g) « it » refers to the topic of having children
(h) « us » refers to both Rochow and Wheeler

A childfree community means couples or people who have made the decision of not to have children, for various reasons such as: career, life choice, health status, age etc.

A childless community refers to people who couldn’t have children for act of god, health status, impossibility to adopt orphan children, loss of partner etc.

The notable difference between the aforesaid communities is that the childfree one is often opting to have pets rather than children, maybe also for selfishness and in order to avoid “problems”. The childless ones often choose to own pets to soothe their solitude and share their love with another living being, unable to dedicate themselves to other satisfactory activities. 113

Without any further comments, I thank you for the nice exercise and I hope you have a pleasant evening.

So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de icare29, postée le 23-10-2019 à 11:46:49 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and all hard workers here is my work OK FOR CORRECTION.

Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their LAPS. Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for 'first-time parents'.
Aery is their baby: they won't be having children. Rochow, 24, graduate student in social work; Wheeler, 26, high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the nine WEEK-OLD puppy, make a complete family unit.

"I feel that I would be giving a lot of my life to become a parent," says Rochow. That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do. Wheeler adds that he would constantly worry ABOUT a child , more so than most parents.
Rochow knew she didn't want kids as soon as SHE WAS IN high school. «I don't think it's responsible for me to bring a child into this world.»
Throughout the past decades, the number of married couples in the United States and the UK without children has INCREASED. In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids, while just 20% did in 2012.

As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the push toward motherhood, I realised that I didn't share those feelings. At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married ( SANS TO ) her high school sweetheart.
They'd previously discussed FOR HAVING children only to brush THEM off because they were too young.
When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured ON . They'd want children, but THEY didn't." Neither of us was feeling interested" she says.

We've encountered many couples and individuals who considered their pets to be something like human children.

A child-free man HAS just recently QUITTED his job because he HAS LEARNT from his vet that his dog was dying ; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of ITS life.
A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for THEIR cats
In addition to SAVE money, Rochow says their decision is saving FOR them the emotional toll of having children, too.

"I'm a social worker", she says. I know what it's like for humans out there. And being able to give childREN all of what THEY NEED I really feel AS I can't do that.

III. OPTIONAL: EXPRESSION: A childless community vs a childfree community . Can you see a difference between the two expressions. Explain. (No more than 130 words)
Here is my PERSONAL point of view about the asked question

Both childless community and childfree community have the same aim ; living without child. However motivation is very different for not having child

In the first case, motivation is to live in individual way of life without any constraints . For example : Glen and his wife are childless by choice, although they have three dogs, even if they have many constraints with their dogs...

In the second case, motivation is rather ideological and considered like a contribution to the reduction of the world's overpopulation and all its harmful consequences, a way to save the planet. " Make our planet great again".

Dear Here4u
I wiped my glasses several times .I have read the text many times and I can't find the faults in the text and sometimes I detect some words being right .My device of fault detection is not still enough skill
However I think this kind of test are very useful for learners .

Thanks you for your new test and your work on this site.

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de chocolatcitron, postée le 27-10-2019 à 02:34:59 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 12-10-2019 à 21:58:14 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear Friends, Lundi 28 octobre, tard.
Hello my dear Here4u, thanks for your great exercises! FINISHED !
Hi everybody!

Here is my work:
I. Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 12 fautes à corriger ! (En majuscules !)
Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their LAPS. Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for ‘first-time parents’. Aery is their baby: they won’t be having children. Rochow, 24, A student in social work; Wheeler, 26, A high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the NINE-WEEK-OLD puppy, make a complete family unit.
“I feel that I would be giving a lot of my life to BE a parent,” says Rochow. “That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do.” Wheeler adds that he’d constantly worry ABOUT a child – “more so than most parents”. Rochow knew she didn’t want kids as soon as high school. «I don’t think it’s responsible for me to bring a child into this world.»
“ As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the push toward motherhood, I realised that I didn’t share those feelings.” At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married to her high school sweetheart. They’d previously discussed HAVING children – only to brush it off because they were “too young”. When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured. They’d want children. But it didn’t. “Neither of us was feeling interested…” she says.
“ A child-free man HAD just recently QUIT his job because he learnt from his vet that his dog was dying ; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life.” A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for THEIR cats
In addition to CONSERVING money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the “emotional toll” of having children, too.

Volontaire pour traduire la première partie !

They ...(a)’d ...(b) previously discussed having children – only to brush it ...(c) off because they were “too young”. When their ...(d) mid-thirties arrived, it ... (e) would just happen, they figured. They’d ...(f) want children. But it... (g) didn’t. “Neither of us ... (h) was feeling interested…” she says.

(a) « they » refers to …Lisa Rochow and her partner Wheeler.
(b) « ‘d » refers to… had.
(c) « it » refers to the idea of having a baby.
(d) « their » refers to both of them, Lisa Rochow and Wheeler, when they get their mid-thirties.
(e) « it » refers to the fact to have a baby, to conceive a child.
(f) « ‘d » refers to would (volonté étrangère à eux, imposée par la société), or should (conseil des autres sur un choix de vie qui ne leur correspond pas), as the social’s norm want us to do. Pour se mettre dans la norme… Eh bien non, ils se veulent atypiques, et refusent de concevoir un enfant, qui vivra et les engagera beaucoup plus que les 12 ou 14 ans d’espérance de vie de leur Husky, tout en acceptant d’être les « parents de leur chien », avec lequel ils peuvent espérer ne partager que du bonheur avec un amour inconditionnel de la part du chien, s’ils lui offrent tout ce dont il a besoin ! (…)
(g) « it » refers to conceive a child, to have a baby… to want a baby. As they don’t want !
(h) « us » refers to this couple : Lisa Rochow and Wheeler.

On the one hand, a childless community suffers from not having children, they expect something which didn’t happen, because infertily or people hadn’t found the good partner yet, they can’t because poorness to their sorrow : like a negative feeling. Summary, they miss children. 46 words.

On the second hand, on the contrary, a childfree community means a positive deliberate choice not to have children, as they think it is very egotistic to give birth to a baby in such a rotten world where life worsens…
They can choose other plans : it could also be selfish, supposing dislike or can’t bear children, be frightened to give birth, be unable for committing their whole life. Summary, they don’t miss children anyway ! They feel completely happy and full without ! 83 words.

46 + 83 = 129 words.

I did my very best, thanks for this last RYB !
I give the force back to you, my dear Here4u, for marking. You ’ll need it.
Have a very sweet week!

See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de maxwell, postée le 27-10-2019 à 16:16:59 (S | E)
Hello
Pour le follow-up, je prendrai la 2ème partie du texte puisque la 1ère est prise

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de here4u, postée le 27-10-2019 à 17:37:15 (S | E)
Merci!

Comme vous avez pu le constater, j'ai bien avancé les transmissions de corrections ... Allez, les derniers, il est encore temps !

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de here4u, postée le 28-10-2019 à 23:26:36 (S | E)
Hello, dear hard-workers!

Voici votre correction ... Une fois encore, pour le Follow-up work, j'ai BESOIN de vous et de vos bonnes volonté.

I. Please, help my student! Ce texte contenait 12 fautes corrigées !

Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their laps(1). Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for ‘first-time parents’. Aery is their baby: they won’t be having children. Rochow, 24, a (2) graduate student in social work; Wheeler, 26, a (2) high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the nine-week-old puppy (3), make up (4) a complete family unit.
“I feel that I would be giving up (5) a lot of my life to become a parent,” says Rochow. “That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do.” Wheeler adds that he’d constantly worry about a child – “more so than most parents”. Rochow knew she didn’t want kids as early as (6) high school. «I don’t think it’s responsible for me to bring a child into this world.» ///END OF PART 1 ///
Throughout the past decades, the number of married couples in the United States and the UK without children has increased(7). In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids, while just 20% did in 2012.
“As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the pull (8) toward motherhood, I realised that I didn’t share those feelings.” At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married to her high school sweetheart ; They’d previously discussed having children (9) – only to brush it off because they were “too young”. When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured. They’d want children. But it didn’t. “Neither of us was feeling interested…” she says. /// END OF PART 2 ///
“ A child-free man just recently quit (10) his job because he learnt from his vet that his dog was dying; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life.” A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for their (11) cats.
In addition to conserving (12) money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the “emotional toll” of having children, too.

(1) over their laps= Rochow’s lap AND Wheeler’s = pluriel concret nécessaire. Grosse difficulté pour les francophones qui ne l’emploient pas et ont tendance à l’oublier …
(2) , a graduate student/ , a high-school history teacher = noms d’occupation, de métier, en position d’attribut ou en apposition (ici) sont toujours précédés de l’article indéfini. « His father, a famous surgeon, … »
(3) the nine-week-old puppy= adjectif composé ; les composants de cet adjectif restent invariables.
(4) to make up a family : forment, composent, constituent ...
(5) I would be giving up a lot of my life= I would renounce… (Attention ! Là, c’est la logique du texte qui devait vous guider à l’idée de renoncement.)
(6) as early as high school : Distinguer : as soon as I saw him… // he could swim as early as 5 years old.
(7) , the number of married couples without children has increased. Là encore, il vous fallait regarder la logique de ce que vous disait le texte : ) In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids//20% did in 2012. (Les deux termes de la comparaison n’étaient pas identiques … D'un côté, il était question de "childless married couples", et de l'autre côté, couples AVEC enfant(s). Hummm … C’était très méchant !
(8) To feel the pull= to feel the desire to…
(9) previously discussed having children= spoke about the possible desire to have a child... ils avaient évoqué la possibilité d’avoir des enfants.
(10) To quit, I quit, quit. Verbe le plus souvent irrégulier.
(11) custody for their cats: in the case of a divorce, the parents share their kids' custody... Here, there's a parallel between 'cats" and "kids".
(12) In addition to conserving : in addition to + V + ing

Les pronoms remplacent des noms. Les contractions "d". Si vous donnez un verbe, c'est forcément faux.

(a) « they » refers to … Rochow and Wheeler
(
b) « ‘d » refers to… had
(c) « it » refers to having children
(d) « their» refers to Rochow's and Wheeler's Les cas possessifs sont FONDAMENTAUX ici.
(f) « ‘d » refers to would
(g) « it » refers to having children
(h) « us » refers to Rochow and Wheeler, now

Voilà ! Je compte sur les volontaires "déclarés", et sur ceux qui ne le sont pas encore ... Bon Follow-up Work, et encore BRAVO.

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de chocolatcitron, postée le 29-10-2019 à 00:25:37 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here4u!
Hello Everybody!

Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their laps(1). Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for ‘first-time parents’. Aery is their baby: they won’t be having children. Rochow, 24, a (2) graduate student in social work; Wheeler, 26, a (2) high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the nine-week-old puppy (3), make up (4) a complete family unit.
“I feel that I would be giving up (5) a lot of my life to become a parent,” says Rochow. “That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do.” Wheeler adds that he’d constantly worry about a child – “more so than most parents”. Rochow knew she didn’t want kids as early as (6) high school. «I don’t think it’s responsible for me to bring a child into this world.» ///END OF PART 1 ///

As promised, here is my translation:
Lisa Rochow est assise près de son partenaire, alors que leur chien, Husky Sibérien, rampe sur leurs genoux. Même si Aery, qui essaie de s'éloigner du canapé, est un nouveau membre de la famille, tous deux, Rochow et Wheeler, semblent détendus de leur statut de nouveaux parents. Aery est leur bébé : ils n'auront pas d'enfant. Rochow, 24 ans, étudiante diplômée en travail social ; Wheeler, 26 ans, professeur d'histoire en secondaire ; et Aery, le chiot de neuf semaines, forment une unité familiale complète.
"Je sens que je renoncerais à beaucoup de choses dans ma vie, en devenant parent" dit Rochow. "Ça coûterait de l'argent, ça coûterait du temps, ça coûterait des choses que vous voulez faire." Wheeler ajoute qu'ils s'inquièteraient constamment pour un enfant, plus que la plupart des parents ". Rochow savait qu'elle ne voulait pas d'enfant dès qu'elle a été dans le secondaire. " Je ne pense pas que ce soit raisonnable, à mon avis, de donner naissance à un enfant dans ce monde ."

J'ajoute la partie 3 de ce texte en traduction, pour te libérer du forum :
“ A child-free man just recently quit (10) his job because he learnt from his vet that his dog was dying; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life.” A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for their (11) cats.
In addition to conserving (12) money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the “emotional toll” of having children, too.

Nous avons rencontré de nombreux couples et individus qui considéraient leurs animaux de compagnie être quelque chose comme des bébés humains.
"Un homme sans enfant a juste récemment quitté son emploi, car son véto lui avait appris que son chien était mourant, et qu'il voulait être aux côtés de son chien pour les semaines qu'il lui restait à vivre."
Un couple sans enfant, divorcé, a dû déterminer la garde de leurs chats.
L'idée d'animaux de compagnie remplaçant les enfants est un sujet controversé dans la communauté sans enfant.
En plus d'épargner leur argent, Rochow dit que leur décision est de leur épargner des dégâts émotionnels d'avoir des enfants, aussi.
"Je suis travailleur social, " dit-elle. " Je sais ce que c'est pour les humains, là dehors. Et d'être capable d'offrir à un enfant tout ce dont il a besoin - Je me sens vraiment incapable de faire cela."

Merci pour ton travail Here4u. Have a very sweet week !
See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de maxwell, postée le 29-10-2019 à 07:13:20 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello!

petite question à Here4U : pouvait-on simplement corriger le piège (7) ainsi : "WITH children has decreased" : cela ne revient-il pas au même (c'est d'ailleurs davantage en lecture directe avec les chiffres qui suivent, donc plus lisible...)

Throughout the past decades, the number of married couples in the United States and the UK without children has increased(7). In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids, while just 20% did in 2012.
“As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the pull (8) toward motherhood, I realised that I didn’t share those feelings.” At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married to her high school sweetheart ; They’d previously discussed having children (9) – only to brush it off because they were “too young”. When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured. They’d want children. But it didn’t. “Neither of us was feeling interested…” she says.

Au cours des dernières décennies, le nombre de couples mariés aux Etats-Unis et au Royaume-Uni sans enfants a augmenté. En 1970, 40% des couples mariés avaient des enfants contre seulement 20% en 2012.
"Au moment où mes amis me révélèrent qu'elles étaient attirés par la maternité, je me rendis compte que je ne partageais pas ces sentiments-là." Au début, elle pensa que peut-être quelque chose clochait chez elle. Elle était mariée à son amour de lycée et heureuse ; Ils avaient déjà évoqué la possibilité d'avoir des enfants -seulement pour balayer cela d'un revers de main parce qu'ils étaient "trop jeunes". Quand ils auraient dans les trente-cinq ans, cela arriverait bien tout seul, se disaient-ils. Ils voudraient des enfants. Mais cela ne se produisit pas. "Aucun de nous n'était intéressé..." dit-elle.

Réponse : Rack your brains and Help!/56 de here4u, postée le 29-10-2019 à 09:24:40 (S | E)
Hello!

Thanks to the outstanding volunteers who are working on this site, here is your follow-up work. I hope it will help...

Lisa Rochow sits beside her partner, as their Siberian Husky puppy crawls over their laps. Even though Aery, who keeps trying to wander off the couch, is a new addition to the family, both Rochow and Wheeler look relaxed for ‘first-time parents’. Aery is their baby: they won’t be having children. Rochow, 24, a graduate student in social work; Wheeler, 26, a high-school history teacher ; and Aery, the nine-week-old puppy, make up a complete family unit.
“I feel that I would be giving up a lot of my life to become a parent,” says Rochow. “That would cost money, that would cost time, that would cost things that you want to do.” Wheeler adds that he’d constantly worry about a child – “more so than most parents”. Rochow knew she didn’t want kids as early as high school. «I don’t think it’s responsible for me to bring a child into this world.»

Lisa Rochow est assise près de son partenaire, alors que leur chien, Husky Sibérien, rampe sur leurs genoux. Même si Aery, qui essaie de s'éloigner du canapé, est un nouveau membre de la famille, tous deux, Rochow et Wheeler, semblent détendus de leur statut de nouveaux parents. Aery est leur bébé : ils n'auront pas d'enfant. Rochow, 24 ans, étudiante diplômée en travail social, Wheeler, 26 ans, professeur d'histoire en secondaire et Aery, le chiot de neuf semaines, forment une unité familiale complète.
"Je sens que je renoncerais à beaucoup de choses dans ma vie, en devenant parent" dit Rochow. "Ça coûterait de l'argent, ça coûterait du temps, ça coûterait des choses que vous voulez faire." Wheeler ajoute qu'il s'inquièterait constamment pour un enfant, plus que la plupart des parents ". Rochow savait qu'elle ne voulait pas d'enfant dès le lycée. " A mon avis, je ne pense pas que ce soit raisonnable de donner naissance à un enfant dans ce monde ."
PARFAIT, Choco ! Un grand merci !

Throughout the past decades, the number of married couples in the United States and the UK without children has increased. In 1970, 40% of married couples had kids, while just 20% did in 2012.
“As my friends revealed to me that they were feeling the pull toward motherhood, I realised that I didn’t share those feelings.” At first, she thought there might be something wrong with her. She was happily married to her high school sweetheart ; They’d previously discussed having children – only to brush it off because they were “too young”. When their mid-thirties arrived, it would just happen, they figured. They’d want children. But it didn’t. “Neither of us was feeling interested…” she says.

Au cours des dernières décennies, le nombre de couples mariés sans enfants a augmenté aux Etats-Unis et au Royaume-Uni. En 1970, 40% des couples mariés avaient des enfants contre seulement 20% en 2012.
"Au moment où mes amies me confièrent qu'elles étaient attirées par la maternité, je me rendis compte que je ne partageais pas ces sentiments-là." Au début, elle pensa que peut-être quelque chose clochait chez elle. Elle était mariée à son amour de lycée et heureuse ; Ils avaient déjà évoqué la possibilité d'avoir des enfants - seulement pour balayer cela d'un revers de main parce qu'ils étaient "trop jeunes". Quand ils auraient dans les trente-cinq ans, cela arriverait bien tout seul , se disaient-ils. Ils voudraient des enfants. Mais cela ne se produisit pas. "Aucun de nous n'était intéressé..." dit-elle.
PARFAIT, Maxwell ! Un grand merci !
petite question à Here4U : pouvait-on simplement corriger le piège (7) ainsi : "WITH children has decreased" : cela ne revient-il pas au même (c'est d'ailleurs davantage en lecture directe avec les chiffres qui suivent, donc plus lisible...)
NON !Nous ne sommes pas correcteurs avant édition, mais "traducteurs", et dans cette mission, devons nous contenter de transposer dans une autre langue les "subtilités" (qui obligent parfois à un arrêt du lecteur, et à une relecture de sa part ...) choisies par l'auteur du texte ... Après tout, oserais-tu "corriger" Shakespeare ?

“ A child-free man just recently quit his job because he learnt from his vet that his dog was dying; he wanted to be with the dog for the remaining weeks of his life.” A child-free couple divorced and had to determine custody for their cats.
In addition to conserving money, Rochow says their decision is saving them the “emotional toll” of having children, too.

Nous avons rencontré de nombreux couples et individus qui considéraient leurs animaux de compagnie comme étant comme des bébés humains.
"Un homme sans enfant a juste récemment quitté son emploi, car son véto lui avait appris que son chien était mourant, et qu'il voulait être aux côtés de son chien pendant les semaines qu'il lui restait à vivre."
Un couple sans enfant, divorcé, a dû déterminer la garde de leurs chats.
L'idée d'animaux de compagnie remplaçant les enfants est un sujet controversé dans la communauté sans enfant.
En plus d'épargner leur argent, Rochow dit que leur décision est aussi de leur épargner les dégâts émotionnels d'avoir des enfants.
"Je suis travailleur social, " dit-elle. " Je sais comment c'est pour les humains, dehors. Et être capable d'offrir à un enfant tout ce dont il a besoin - Je me sens vraiment incapable de faire cela."
PARFAIT, Choco ! Un grand merci !

Merci à nos courageux volontaires et merci aux travailleurs sur les exercices. (Me dire si le 2è exercice comporte encore des zones d'ombre. )

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux