Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
4 millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]


- Accueil
- Accès rapides
- Aide/Contact
- Livre d'or
- Plan du site
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Faire un lien



Publicités :




Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites
   

Rack your Brains and Help/ 50

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]


Rack your Brains and Help/ 50
Message de here4u posté le 12-07-2019 à 22:18:12 (S | E | F)
Hello, dear Friends!

Voici notre première édition de RYB de vacances ! Il est allégé, dans la mesure où, je pense, il vous demandera moins de temps à réaliser (à écrire et rédiger ... ) mais pas vraiment moins si, en travailleurs extrêmement sérieux, vous cherchez la plupart des éléments inconnus ou étonnants ...
Vous pouvez aussi décider de faire ces exercices "à l'économie" (en cherchant un minimum et en n'utilisant que vos connaissances déjà acquises ... ( l'objectif est différent, mais il n'est pas moins louable ...) Et puis, les vacances sont précieuses et le temps avec parents et/ ou amis l'est aussi ... Il faut aussi profiter des possibilités ... Ainsi, ceux qui veulent continuer le travail approfondi peuvent le faire, ceux qui ont moins de temps, n'ont cependant pas à renoncer (précisez-le moi cependant ...)
Cet exercice est un et sera corrigé le vendredi 26 juillet, tard.

I) Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 20 fautes à corriger ! (en majuscules !) (les fautes répétées ne comptent, bien sûr, qu’une fois … )
Why blue jeans are going green…
As consumers become ever more concerned for environmental and ethical issues, pioneers in the global denim industry are cleaning up its act. Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, which describes itself as a "craft jeans maker", has an open-door politics. Anybody can walk in, even without appointment ; through that they create « transparency ». (= a buzzword in fashion at late, with labels keen to show their best practice, both in terms of how well they treat staff and how environmentally friendly are they.)
By opening up its doors, this company is able to show potential customers that its factory is clean, the 20 employers are happy, and that the jeans are worth to keep - rather than to throw away at the end of each season.
Visitors to the workshop can even get a bite to eat, as it is home to a pop-up restaurant on weekends. More importantly, the company sources all its rolls of denim from mills in Japan, Italy and Turkey that have personally been visited to ensure their commitment to environmental and social responsibility. This is vital for any jeans company that wishes to be ethic, because the manufacture of denim can be heavily polluted.
Saitex International is one such business. Its factory now recycles 98% of water it uses. For the remaining 2% it has an evaporation system, making it a zero discharge facility.
Before setting up the factory in 2010 the Company started looking at sanitation, or inadequate sanitation, globally, and the lack of clean drink water. Morally it pushed them to start looking at water as a very valuable resource. It took the company just six years to earn the money it invested in the water recycling technology.
Some of the big name jeans firms are also working hard to reduce their environmental impact by using a foam instead of water ; the process also reduces energy use by 60.
Yet, what percentage shoppers are currently happy to pay the highest price tag that more ethically sourced jeans often carry? At Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, for example, their most expensive jeans cost £260.
When you ask consumers about what are their primary motivations for purchasing in apparel, then it's about price, about convenience, about range, and quality of product. Actually, sustainability - and ethical sourcing - doesn't necessarily sit within the three tops of what's important for consumers when thinking about purchasing for apparel good.
But the situation is changing, with rising demand for more ethical clothing being led by young people.
They've become a lot more concerned for the societal impact that they're having, weather that's on the environment, the economy, and other area as well.

II. In this text, a few words (10) have been deleted… … Can you fill in the blanks and try to guess the missing words… (Of course, there are several «right possibilities»… Yet, you’re required to choose the most satisfactory ones, fitting the situation.)

Making jeans can … (1) a steep environmental toll, because the dye used to give them their usual … (2) shade - indigo - does not easily stick to the raw cotton. "To get the dye on, we have to dye the … (3) multiple times," he says. "And by dying it multiple times, obviously we need to use more water and more …."(4)
Then a jeans-maker may wash and … (5) the jeans many times to lighten the colour, creating even more waste water. By some estimates it can take … (6) of … (7) of water to make one pair of jeans. Such industries use a huge amount of water, and a huge amount of energy.
In many denim … (8) and jeans factories the … (9) water - which contains the dye, plus bleach and other chemicals - is simply released as waste water. …, (10) a growing number of producers are now eliminating waste water altogether.

Please, give me your best, as always... and I give you THE FORCE...




Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 50 de taiji43, postée le 14-07-2019 à 18:50:40 (S | E)
Hello Here4U
here is my correction , 4 mistakes are still in this try;I don't want to add oher mistakes

READY TO BE CORRECTED
As consumers become ever more concerned ABOUT environmental and ethical issues, pioneers in the global denim industry are cleaning up its act.

Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, which describes itself as a "craft jeans maker", has an open-door POLICY (politique)

Anybody can walk in, even without appointment ; through that they create « transparency ». (= a buzzword in fashion OF late (recemment), with labels keen to show their best practice, both in terms of how well they treat staff and how environmentally friendly THEY ARE.)

By opening up its doors, this company is able to show potential customers that its factory is clean, the 20 EMPLYEES (employer signifie patron) are happy, and that the jeans are worth KEEPING (ing après worth) - rather than to throw away at the end of each season.

Visitors to the workshop can even get a bite to eat, as it is home to a pop-up restaurant on weekends. More importantly, the company sources all its rolls of denim from mills in Japan, Italy and Turkey that have personally been visited to ensure their commitment to environmental and social responsibility.

This is vital for any jeans company that wishes to be ETHICAL, because the manufacture of denim can be heavily POLLUTING (polluante)(pas polluée)

Saitex International is one such business. Its factory now recycles 98% of water it uses. For the remaining 2% it has an evaporation system, making it a zero discharge facility.

Before setting up the factory in 2010 the Company started looking at sanitation, or inadequate sanitation, globally, and the lack of clean DRINKING water (eau potable). Morally it pushed them to start looking at water as a very valuable resource.

It took the company just six years to earn the money it invested in the water recycling technology.
Some of the big name jeans firms are also working hard to reduce their environmental impact by using a foam instead of water ; the process also reduces energy use ( use =consommation???) by 60.

Yet, what percentage shoppers are currently happy to pay the highest price tag that more ethically sourced jeans often carry?

At Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, for example, ITS (son) most expensive jeans cost £260.
When you ask consumers about what their primary motivations ARE for purchasing in apparel, then it's about price, about convenience, about range, and quality of product.

Actually, sustainability - and ethical sourcing - doesn't necessarily sit within the three tops of what's important for consumers when thinking about purchasing for apparel GOODS (articles)

But the situation is changing, with rising demand for more ethical clothing being led by young people.

They've become a lot more concerned ABOUT the societal impact that they're having, WHETHER (si) that's on the environment, the economy, and other AREAS ( plusieurs domaines???) as well.

Je n'ai pas trouvé les 20 fautes mais 16

II) READY TO BE CORRECTED (16/07,21h)
Making jeans can … (1) a steep environmental toll, because the dye used to give them their usual BLUE… (2) shade - indigo - does not easily stick to the raw cotton. "To get the dye on, we have to dye the MATERIAL… (3) multiple times," he says. "And by dying it multiple times, obviously we need to use more water and more ENERGY…."(4)
Then a jeans-maker may wash and DECOLOR… (5) the jeans many times to lighten the colour, creating even more waste water. By some estimates it can take MANY… (6) of LITERS… (7) of water to make one pair of jeans. Such industries use a huge amount of water, and a huge amount of energy.
In many denim MILLS… (8) and jeans factories the EMPLOYED… (9) water - which contains the dye, plus bleach and other chemicals - is simply released as waste water. …, (10) a growing number of producers are now eliminating waste water altogether.




Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 50 de maxwell, postée le 17-07-2019 à 10:48:16 (S | E)
Hello Here4U
READY TO BE CORRECTED
The link between the second exercise and the text made it much easier to understand the context. I couldn't have done it without finishing "help my student" first.

I. Help my student:
Why blue jeans are going green…
As consumers become ever more concerned ABOUT environmental and ethical issues, pioneers in the global denim industry are cleaning up its act.
Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, which describes itself as a "craft jeans maker", has an open-door POLICY.
Anybody can walk in, even without appointment ; through that they create « transparency ». (= a buzzword in fashion LATELY, with labels keen to show their best PRACTICES, both in terms of how well they treat staff and how environmentally friendly THEY are.)
By opening up its doors, this company CAN show potential customers that its factory is clean, the 20 EMPLOYEES are happy, and that the jeans are worth KEEPING - rather than THROWING away at the end of each season.
Visitors to the workshop can even get a bite to eat, as it is home to a pop-up restaurant on weekends.
MOST importantly, the company sources all its rolls of denim from mills in Japan, Italy and Turkey that have been PERSONALLY visited to ensure their commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
This is vital for any jeans company that wishes to be ETHICAL, because the manufacture of denim can be heavily POLLUTING.
Saitex International is one such business. Its factory IS now RECYCLING 98% of THE water it uses. For the remaining 2% it has an evaporation system, making it a zero discharge facility.
Before setting up the factory in 2010 the Company started looking at sanitation, or inadequate sanitation, globally, and the lack of clean DRINKING water.
Morally it pushed them to start looking at water as a very valuable resource.
It took the company just six years to RECOVER the money it HAD invested in the water recycling technology.
Some of the big NAMES OF jeans firms are also working hard to reduce their environmental impact by using [] foam instead of water ; the process also reduces energy use by 60 PERCENT.
Yet, what percentage OF shoppers are currently happy to pay the highest price tag that MOST ethically sourced jeans often carry?
At Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, for example, ITS most expensive jeans cost £260.
When you ask consumers about what their primary motivations for purchasing [] apparel PRODUCTS ARE, then it's about price, about convenience, about range, and quality of product.
Actually, sustainability - and ethical sourcing - doesn't necessarily PLACE within the TOP three of what's important for consumers when thinking about purchasing [] apparel GOODS.
But the situation is changing, with rising demand for more ethical clothing being led by young people.
They've become a lot more concerned ABOUT the societal impact that they're having, WHETHER that BE on the environment, the economy, and other AREAS as well.

II) Fill in the blanks:

Making jeans can HAVE (1) a steep environmental toll, because the dye used to give them their usual BLUE (2) shade - indigo - does not easily stick to the raw cotton. "To get the dye on, we have to dye the FABRIC (3) multiple times," he says. "And by dying it multiple times, obviously we need to use more water and more ENERGY."(4)
Then a jeans-maker may wash and DYE (5) the jeans many times to lighten the colour, creating even more waste water. By some estimates it can take THOUSANDS (6) of LITERS (7) of water to make one pair of jeans. Such industries use a huge amount of water, and a huge amount of energy.
In many denim MANUFACTURES (8) and jeans factories the USED (9) water - which contains the dye, plus bleach and other chemicals - is simply released as waste water. FORTUNATELY, (10) a growing number of producers are now eliminating waste water altogether.



Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 50 de magie8, postée le 17-07-2019 à 23:38:54 (S | E)
hello bonjour à tous
ready to correct
Why blue jeans are going green…
As consumers become ever more concerned ABOUT environmental and ethical issues, pioneers in the global denim industry are cleaning up its act. Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, which describes itself as a "craft jeans maker", has an open-door poliCY.Anybody can walk in, even without appointment ; through that they create « transparency ». (= a buzzword in fashion OF late, with labels keen to show their best practice, both in terms of how well they treat staff and how environmentally friendly THEY ARE.)
By opening up its doors, this company is able to show potential customers that its factory is clean, the 20 employers are happy, and that the jeans are worth KEEPING - rather than THROWING ' away at the end of each season.
Visitors to the workshop can even get a bite to eat, as it is home to a pop-up restaurant AT weekends. More importantly, the company sources all its rolls of denim from mills in Japan, Italy and Turkey that have BEEN PERSONALLY visited to ensure their commitment to environmental and social responsibility. This is vital for any jeans company that wishes to be ethicAL , because the manufacture of denim can be heavily pollutING.
Saitex International is one such business. THIS factory now recycles 98% of THE water it uses. For the remaining 2% it has an evaporation system, making it a zero discharge facility.
Before setting up the factory in 2010 the Company started looking at sanitation, or inadequate sanitation, globally, and the lack of clean drinkING water. Morally it pushed them to start looking at water as a very valuable resource. It took the company just six years to RECOUP the money it invested in the water recycling technology.
Some of the big name jeans firms are also working hard to reduce their environmental impact by using a foam instead of water ; the process also reduces energy use by 60 PERCENT.
Yet, what percentage shoppers are currently happy to pay the highest price tag that more ethically sourced jeans often DISPLAY? At Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, for example, THE most expensive jeans cost £260.
When you ask consumers about what are their primary motivations ARE for PURCHASING IN APPAREL 'p then it's about price, about convenience, about range, and quality of product. Actually, sustainability - and ethical sourcing - doesn't necessarily APPEAR within the three tops of what's important for consumers when thinking about purchasing for APPAREL GOODS .
But the situation is changing, with rising demand for more ethical clothing being led by young people.
They've become a lot more concerned for the societal impact that they're having, WHETHER that's on the environment, the economy, and other areaS as well.

II. In this text, a few words (10) have been deleted… … Can you fill in the blank

Making jeans can HAVE… (1) a steep environmental toll, because the dye used to give them their usual BLUE… (2) shade - indigo - does not easily stick to the raw cotton. "To get the dye on, we have to dye the FABRIC… (3) multiple times," he says. "And by dying it multiple times, obviously we need to use more water and more ENERGY…."(4)
Then a jeans-maker may wash and RINCE… (5) the jeans many times to lighten the colour, creating even more waste water. By some estimates it can take THOUSANDS… (6) of LITERS… (7) of water to make one pair of jeans. Such industries use a huge amount of water, and a huge amount of energy.
In many denim INDUSTRIES… (8) and jeans factories the POLLUTED … (9) water - which contains the dye, plus bleach and other chemicals - is simply released as waste water. THEREBY…, (10) a growing number of producers are now eliminating waste water altogether.

FINISHED, THANK YOU FOR CORRECTION




Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 50 de alpiem, postée le 19-07-2019 à 21:02:08 (S | E)
hELLO, hERE 4U, HERE IS MY RACK 50 READY FOR CORRECTION

Why blue jeans are going green?

As consumers become ever more concerned ABOUT environmental and ethical issues, pionners in the global denim industry are cleaning up its act. Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, which describeS itself as a "craft jeans maker", has un open-door POLITIC.
Anybody can walk in , even without AN appointment; through that they create "tranparency". (= a buzzword in fashion OF LATE,with labels keen to show their best PRACTICES, both in terms of how well they treat staf and how ENVIRONMENTAL friendly THEY ARE.
By opening up its doors this company is able to show potential customers that its factory is clean, THAT the twenty employees are happy, and that the jeans are worth KEEPING rather than THROWING away at the end of the season.
THE visitors to the workshop can even get a bite to eat,as it is home to a pop-up restaurant on weekends.
More importantly the company sources all its rolls of denim from mills in Japan, Italy and Turkey that have personally been visited to ensure their commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
This is vital for any jeans company that wishes to be ethic, because the manufacture of denim can be heavily POLLUTING.
Saltex International is one such business.Its factory now recycles 98% of THE water it uses.For the remaining 2% it has an evaporation system, making it a zero discharge facility.
Before setting up the factory in 2010 the Company started looking at sanitation or inadequate sanitation, globally and the lack of clean DRINKING water.Morally it pushed them to start looking at water as a very valuable resource.
It took the company just six years to earn the money it invested in the water recycling technology.
A FEW of the big name jeans firms are also working hard to reduce their environmental impact by using foam instead of water;the process also reduces energy use by 60%.
Yet, what percentage shoppers are currently READY to pay the highest price tag that more ethically sourced jeans often carry?
At Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, for exemple,their most expensive jeans cost £260.
When you ask consumers about what are their primary motivations for purchasing AN apparel,then it's about price, about convenience, about range, and quality of product.Actually, sustainability-and ethical sourcing-DON'T necessarily sit within the TOP THREE of what's important for consumers when thinking about purchasing apparel goods.
But the situation is changing, with rising demand for more ethical clothing being led by young people.
They've become a lot more concerned for the societal impact that they're having, WHETHER that's on the environment, the economy, and other AREAS as well.

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 20-07-2019 10:00



-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 20-07-2019 10:11



-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 22-07-2019 11:37





Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 50 de here4u, postée le 21-07-2019 à 10:21:12 (S | E)
Hello dear Holiday-makers!

I hope you're enjoying Life...
Because of a slowish Internet connexion, I'll start sending the corrections of the different exercises today. Still a lot of time to give me your work, but please, help me keep the deadlines...
Still expecting suggestions of the new exercises you'd like to play with...
Have a wonderful Sunday and get ready for the heat...



Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 50 de joe39, postée le 21-07-2019 à 18:23:36 (S | E)
Bonsoir, chère here4u,
avant que mon élan ne soit submergé par la
bulle africaine de chaleur,
je vous envoie mon travaille sué,
prêt à être corrigé.

Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 20 fautes à corriger ! (en majuscules !) (les fautes répétées ne comptent, bien sûr, qu’une fois … )
Why blue jeans are going green…
As consumers become ever more concerned ABOUT-1 environmental and ethical issues, pioneers in the global denim industry are cleaning up its act. Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, which describes itself as a "craft jeans maker", has an open-door politics.
Anybody can walk in THERE-2, even without appointment ;” through that WE -3 create transparency ». (= a buzzword in fashion OF-4 late, with labels keen to show their best practice, both in terms of how well they treat staff and how environmentally friendly THEY ARE-5.)
By opening up its doors, this company is able to show potential customers that its factory is clean, THEIR -6, 20 employers are happy, and that the jeans are worth KEEPING-7 - rather than THROWING-8 away at the end of each season.

Visitors to the workshop can even get a bite to eat, as it is home to a pop-up restaurant AT -8 weekends.
More importantly, the company sources all its rolls of denim from mills in Japan, Italy and Turkey WHICH - 9 have personally been visited to ensure their commitment to environmental and social responsibility. This is vital for any jeans company that wishes to be ETHICAL- 10 , because the manufacture of denim can be heavily POLLUTING - 11
Saitex International is one OF -12 such business. Its factory now recycles 98% of water it uses. For the remaining 2% it has an evaporation system, making it a zero discharge facility.
Before setting up the factory in 2010 the Company started looking at sanitation, or inadequate sanitation, globally, and the lack of clean DRINKING-13 water. Morally it pushed them to start looking at water as a very valuable resource. It took the company just six years to RECOVER-14 the money it invested in the water recycling technology.
Some of the big name jeans firms are also working hard to reduce their environmental impact by using a foam instead of water ; the process also reduces energy use by 60PERCENT -15. Yet, what percentage OF -16 shoppers are currently happy to pay the highest price tag that more ethically sourced jeans often carry. Blackhorse Lane Ateliers, for example, WHOSE-17 most expensive jeans cost £260.

When you ask consumers about what THEIR PRIMARY MOTIVATIONS ARE - 18
for purchasing in apparel, then it's about price, about convenience, about range, and quality of product. Actually, sustainability - and ethical sourcing - doesn't necessarily sit within the TOP THREE -19 of what's important for consumers when thinking about purchasing for apparel good.
But the situation is changing, with rising demand for more ethical clothing being led by young people.
They've become a lot more concerned for the societal impact that they're having, WHETHER-20 that's on the environment, the economy, and other area as well.

II. In this text, a few words (10) have been deleted… … Can you fill in the blanks and try to guess the missing words… (Of course, there are several «right possibilities»… Yet, you’re required to choose the most satisfactory ones, fitting the situation.)

Making jeans can CARRY… (1) a steep environmental toll, because the dye used to give them their usual BLUE… (2) shade - indigo - does not easily stick to the raw cotton. "To get the dye on, we have to dye the THE FABRIC… (3) multiple times," he says. "And by dying it multiple times, obviously we need to use more water and more ENERGY…."(4)
Then a jeans-maker may wash and BLEACH… (5) the jeans many times to lighten the colour, creating even more waste water. By some estimates it can take THOUSANDS … (6) of LITERS… (7) of water to make one pair of jeans. Such industries use a huge amount of water, and a huge amount of energy.
In many denim MILLS… (8) and jeans factories the USED… (9) water - which contains the dye, plus bleach and other chemicals - is simply released as waste water. LUKILY…, (10) a growing number of producers are now eliminating waste water altogether.

Thanking very much for the nice exercise, I wish you a pleasant evening in spite of
the heat.

So long.
Joe39





[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]


Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum












Partager : Facebook / Google+ / Twitter / ... 


> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Arithmétique | Avec cours | Calculs | Calculs littéraux | Conversions | Enfants | Equations | Fonctions | Fractions | Géométrie | Jeux | Nombres | Nombres relatifs | Opérations | Plusieurs thèmes | Problèmes | Statistiques | Tests de niveaux

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.