Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Rack Your Brains and Help/12

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack Your Brains and Help/12
Message de here4u posté le 15-12-2017 à 17:49:12 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear Friends!

Mon pauvre étudiant a bien des soucis … Malgré tous nos efforts, il ne progresse guère … et a encore besoin de vous, y compris pour les majuscules et la ponctuation … Et pourtant, il a fort envie de vous parler d’une « nouvelle » coutume britannique …
Correction online on Friday, December 29th, late ...

"JUMPER DAY"

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! In the following text, there are many, many mistakes to correct...

make world besser with a sweater
crismes jumper day become tradition for british people do something silly – wear a kitchen christmas jumper — and do some serious good for a charity this charity wanted puple donating to make better live for childrens in the poverty in UK and around the word. In fact it wants to “make the world better with a sweater” in 15 December
The principal is simple: wearing a silly +mes jumper and donne 2€ to charity even the royals familly get involving originaly a crismes jumper used to being something done by yor grany for +mas and you felt obliged to wearing front off her in recent years shops were feeled with +mes jumper featuring snowman, santas, reindeers and chrismes puddings you dont must to buy jumper specialy for the day much people customiz their owns with tinsel and other crismes decration
Since 2012 this charite raised more as 4 millions € by years because off Christmas Jumper Day it use raising money for project that beneffit childrens

II) Let’s make words… and sentences! Nouveauté !

For each group of letters:
- make as many words (of more than 4 letters) as you can. ( I DON’T WANT FOUR-LETTER WORDS! Do not mix the letters of the different groups!)
- Then, take the longest word of each set and use it in a sentence of your own, so that its meaning is very clear!

1. EAGNRST 7
2. AIOYDHLLS 9
3. EOUDFLNRW 9
4. OEUYWNDRFLL 11

You may total up your points (1 for each letter used in words of more than 4 letters + 5 for each sentence: ie: TABLES= 6 letters = 6 points). Work well and RACK your BRAINS! Good luck! (Here is THE FORCE!)

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-12-2017 18:00

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de here4u, postée le 16-12-2017 à 00:55:59 (S | E)
Hello Dears!

ATTENTION !
Dans "Find the Words", il ne s'agit pas de trouver 4 mots en tout, mais de trouver AUTANT DE MOTS QUE POSSIBLE de plus de 4 lettres (avec tout, ou partie) des lettres données. (Récap: J'attends donc 4 phrases + autant de mots que possible de + de 4 lettres ! Is that clear? )

Pour le "Help my Student", il m'a été demandé de (re) faire une compétition du "Jumper" le plus "original / drôle / laid / beau / ridicule" comme vous l'aviez fait pour "the best tea-cosy" ... Allez ! C'est parti ! J'attends vos "best of"...

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de maxwell, postée le 16-12-2017 à 11:38:13 (S | E)
Hello everyone!
Thank you so much Here4U
Choosing among hundreds of christmas jumpers is so difficult!
Here are my lists but I'll probably expand them later :

The most Beautiful ones:
B1: B2: B3: B4:

The Ugliest ones :
U1: U2:

The Funniest ones: (I hope I'm not out of line)
F1: F2: F3:

The most Ridiculous ones:
Probably the same as the funniest ones... plus these ones:
R1: R2:

The most Original ones:
Probably the same as the funniest and the most ridiculous ones... plus these ones:
O1 :

The Cutest ones:
C1:

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de here4u, postée le 16-12-2017 à 18:02:00 (S | E)
HELLO ! Great Choice!

Je crois que Lucile et Laurent vont nous maudire ... et que nous risquons de faire bugger le Forum !

Disons que chacun choisit deux ou trois catégories, au plus, et ensuite UN SEUL PULL par catégorie !
C'est vrai qu'il y en a de terribles ....

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de chocolatcitron, postée le 19-12-2017 à 03:12:29 (S | E)
Rack Your Brains and Help/12: HERE4U
FINISHED, I don't want you be late, working in a hurry, I prefer that you enjoy your Christmas time!

Hello, my dear Here4u!
Thank you for these new great exercises, even if the very first one is a throbbing headache... !

Mon pauvre étudiant a bien des soucis … Malgré tous nos efforts, il ne progresse guère … et a encore besoin de vous, y compris pour les majuscules et la ponctuation … Et pourtant, il a fort envie de vous parler d’une « nouvelle » coutume britannique …
I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! In the following text, there are many, many mistakes to correct...

Here is my marking : I'm not sure having understood everything, as Google DID itself  because its two translations were REALLY awful: lol !!!

What a mess ! Your student should work harder himself, and more regularly, it's just about impossible to understand him with such mistakes ! GRRRR !
"JUMPER DAY"
I used two translations from Google, to try to understand what he was telling about...
Make THE BEST WORLD with a sweater.
CHRISTMAS JUMPER DAY become A tradition for British people TO do something silly. WEAR a KITSCH CHRISTMAS jumper, and do some serious good for charity. THIS charity wanted PEOPLE donating FOR MAKING A better life for CHILDREN in poverty in THE UK and ALL around The WORLD. In fact, it wants to make the world better with a sweater ON December, 15th.
The PRINCIPLE is simple : wearing a silly AND MESS jumper and DONE 2 € FOR charity, even the ROYAL familly GETS involving ORIGINALLY a CHRISTMAS jumper used to BE something done by YOUR GRANNY for CHRISTMAS and you FEEL obliged to WEAR IT IN front of her. IN recent years, shops were FILLED with MESSER SNOWMEN, SANTAS, REINDEERS and CHRISTMAS pudding FEATURE jumpers. YOU MUSTN'T BUY jumpers SPECIALLY for the day. MUCH people CUSTOMIZE their OWN with TINSELS, and OTHERS CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS.
Since 2012, this CHARITY RAISES more THAN 4 millions €uros A YEAR, because OF Christmas Jumper Day USES TO RAISE money for PROJECTING, that BENEFITS CHILDREN.

For each group of letters: make as many words (of more than 4 letters) as you can. Then, take the longest word of each set and use it in a sentence of your own, so that its meaning is very clear!

Here is my work: a great, a huge work, but a funny one too, of course : thank you so much, I am probably the one among your students who has really a whale of a time with it !

NB : * est le symbole de la multiplication...

First set : EAGNRST 7 lettres = 45 + 18 + 21 + 5 points (my sentence) = 89 points.

5 letters : 9 * 5 = 45 points.
1 ANGER- 2 GRANT- 3 GRATE- 4 GREAT- 5 RANGE- 6 RATES- 7 SARGE- 8 STAGE- 9 TEARS.

6 letters : 3 * 6 = 18 points.
1 GARNET- 2 RANGER- 3 TARGET.

7 letters : 3 * 7 = 21 points.
1 GRANTER- 2 TARGETS- 3 STRANGE.

My first sentence : 5 points.
When we live something strange, we always go there and do it but apprehensively !
Quand nous vivons quelque chose d'inconnu, nous y allons et le faisons toujours mais avec appréhension !

Second set : AIOYDHLLS 9 lettres = 50 + 7 + 16 + 9 + 5 points (my sentence) = 87 points.

5 letters : 10 * 5 = 50 points.
1 DOILY- 2 DOLLY- 3 HILLS- 4 HILLY- 5 HOLLY- 6 LOYAL- 7 SAILS- 8 SALLY- 9 SILLY- 10 SOLID.

7 letters : 1 * 7 = 7 points.
1 SOLIDLY.

8 letters : 2 * 8 = 16 points.
1 DISLOYAL- 2 HOLLIDAY.

9 letters : 1 * 9 = 9 points.
1 HOLLIDAYS.

My second sentence = 5 points.
On hollidays, we always plan to do what we want, what we love to do : if I feel tired, I can sleep in, but if I plan to visit a place, a country, I'll try to enjoy my journey !
En vacances, nous planifions de faire ce que nous voulons, ce que nous aimons : si je me sens fatiguée, je ferai la grasse matinée, mais si je prévois de visiter un lieu, un pays, j'essaierai de profiter de mon voyage !

Third set : EOUDFLNRW 9 lettres: 95 + 54 + 35 + 8 + 18 + 5 (my sentence) = 215 points.

5 letters : 19 * 5 = 95 points.
1 DRONE- 2 DROWN- 3 ENDOW- 4 ENROL- 5 FLOUR- 6 FLOWN- 7 FOLEY- 8 FOUND- 9 FROND- 10 FROWN- 11 LOWER- 12 OWNER- 13 ROUND- 14 ROWEL- 15 RULED- 16 UNDER- 17 WORLD- 18 WOULD- 19 WOUND.

6 letters : 9 * 6 = 54 points.
1 ENDURE- 2 ENFOLD- 3 FLOWER- 4 FOLDER- 5 LOUDER- 6 REFUND- 7 RONDEL- 8 UNFOLD- 9 WONDER.

7 letters : 5 * 7 = 35 points.
1 FLOUTER- 2 FOUNDER- 3 ROUNDEL- 4 RUNDOWN- 5 UNWOUND.

8 letters : 1 * 8 = 8 points.
1 FLOUNDER.

9 letters : 2 * 9 = 18 points.
1 UNDERFLOW- 2 WONDERFUL.

My third sentence = 5 points.
We don't always think that LIFE is wonderful, and everyday, we do really bad things which showing that we don't respect it... !
Nous ne pensons pas toujours que la VIE est merveilleuse et chaque jour, nous faisons des choses vraiment moches qui montrent que nous ne la respectons pas... !

Fourth set : OEUYWNDRFLL 11 lettres : 125 + 102 + 63 + 8 + 27 + 11 + 5 (my sentence) = 341 points.

5 letters : 25 * 5 = 125 points.
1 DRONE- 2 DROWN- 3 DWELL- 4 ENDOW- 5 ENROL- 6 FLOUR- 7 FLOWN- 8 FOLEY- 9 FOLLY- 10 FOUND- 11 FROND- 12 FROWN- 13 FULLY- 14 FLYER- 15 LOWER- 16 LOWLY- 17 OWNER- 18 ROUND- 19 ROWEL- 20 RULED- 21 UNDER- 22 WORDY- 23 WORLD- 24 WOULD- 25 WOUND.

6 letters : 17 * 6 = 102 points.
1 ENDURE- 2 ENFOLD- 3 FELLOW- 4 FLOURY- 5 FLOWER- 6 FOLDER- 7 FONDLY- 8 FOULLY- 9 LONELY- 10 LOUDER- 11 REFUND- 12 ROLLED- 13 RONDEL- 14 RUDELY- 15 UNFOLD- 16 WONDER- 17 WORLDY.

7 letters : 9 * 7 = 63 points.
1 FLOVERY- 2 FLOUTER- 3 FOUNDER- 4 FOUNDRY- 5 ROUNDEL- 6 ROUNDLY- 7 RUNDOWN- 8 UNWOUND- 9 WORLDLY.

8 letters : 1 * 8 = 8 points.
1 FLOUNDER.

9 letters : 3 * 9 = 27 points.
1 UNDERFLOW- 2 UNWORLDLY- 3 WONDERFUL.

11 letters : 1 * 11 = 11 points.
1 WONDERFULLY.

My fourth sentence = 5 points.
I live at my two cat's, (even if I Do pay a rent and all the costs for us...) and I feel very well, wonderfully blooming and happy with them!
Je vis chez mes deux chattes, (même si c'est moi qui paie le loyer et toutes les charges pour nous..., ) et je me sens très bien, merveilleusement épanouie, et heureuse avec elles !

Summary:
First set : EAGNRST 7 = 89 points.
Second set : AIOYDHLLS 9 = 87 points.
Third set : EOUDFLNRW 9 = 215 points.
Fourth set : OEUYWNDRFLL 11 = 341 points.
TOTAL = 732 points... !
I do it very seriously... I've not finished thinking about... !

I'm sure that an English-native or an English teacher will count farther than I've done, won't you? !

You may total up your points (1 for each letter used in words of more than 4 letters + 5 for each sentence: ie: TABLES= 6 letters = 6 points). Work well and RACK your BRAINS! Good luck! Here is THE FORCE!
I'll give the force back for your marking, dear Here4u... !

"MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a very sweet and great week !"

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de here4u, postée le 19-12-2017 à 16:11:04 (S | E)
Hello !
Please...
Juste parce que je n'aime pas "vérifier" (et passer trop de temps à ce qui n'est pas de l'anglais ... )pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît, me faciliter la tâche ... et ...
Classer vos mots par nombres de lettres (Ex : 5 lettres = 4X5 :XXXXX/ XXXXX/ XXXXX/ XXXXX/ ; 6 lettres = 1X6 : XXXXXX etc. 7 lettres = 1X 7 = 33 points) Ce serait very helpful to me !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de chocolatcitron, postée le 20-12-2017 à 21:45:23 (S | E)
Bonjour ma chère Here4u,
Ne t'inquiète pas, je l'ai prévu bien sûr, tu as déjà les mots qui sont classés par ordre alphabétique, et dans l'ordre croissant... pour ne pas prendre trop de place sur ce forum et te faire oublier de passer à la page suivante... ! Après je reprendrai le tout et te ferai les calculs que tu pourras vérifier aisément et en un rien de temps : personnellement, je suis organisée...
Bonne soirée !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de here4u, postée le 20-12-2017 à 23:27:23 (S | E)
Good!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de tereda, postée le 21-12-2017 à 17:49:13 (S | E)
hello HERE4U,
I give you my homework now, I have to leave tomorrow for a fortnight... not enough time to prepare other sentences.

I) Please, help my student!

CHRISTMAS jumper day becomeS A tradition for British people TO do something silly – wearING a kitchen Christmas jumper — and doING some serious good for a charity; This charity want PEOPLE A donating to make better LIFE for CHILDREN in the poverty in UK and around the world.. In fact it wants to “make the world better with a sweater” On 15 December.

The principLE is simple: wearing a silly CHRISTMAS jumper and TO GIVE ( giving) 2€ to charity ; Even IF the Royal family get involvED originaLLy a CHRISTMAS jumper, used to being something done by yoUr granny for CHRISTMAS and you felt obliged to wear front off her in recent years ; shops are FILLED with Christmas jumper featuring snowman, Santa's, reindeers and Christmas puddings ; you musn't buy jumper speciaLLy for the day, MANY people customize their owns with tinsel and other CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS . Since 2012, this charity raised more THAN 4 millions € by years because OF Christmas Jumper Day , it useD TO raising money for project that benefit children.

II) Let’s make words… and sentences

1. EAGNRST 7 - 3 x 5 : ANGER - TEARS - ANGST - 3 x 6 GEANTS - GRANTS - RANGES - 1 x 7 STRANGE- : = 40
2. AIOYDHLLS 9 - HOLIDAYS - 8
3. EOUDFLNRW 9 - = 2 x 5 : WORLD - WOULD - 2 x 6 FOLDER - FLOWER - 1 x 7 ROUNDEL (cocarde) = 29
4. OEUYWNDRFLL 11 - underflow - wonderful - = 9
Total : 40 + 8 + 29 + 9 = 86
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD ! It was STRANGE last Winter during HOLIDAYS in ALPS, to see beautiful flowers growing up in the snow, like these ones called snowdrops.

READY to be corrected. I thank you a lot for all.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de tereda, postée le 21-12-2017 à 17:50:41 (S | E)
hello HERE4U,
I give you my homework now, I have to leave tomorrow for a fortnight... not time enough to prepare other sentences.

I) Please, help my student!

CHRISTMAS jumper day becomeS A tradition for British people TO do something silly – wearING a kitchen Christmas jumper — and doING some serious good for a charity; This charity want PEOPLE A donating to make better LIFE for CHILDREN in the poverty in UK and around the world.. In fact it wants to “make the world better with a sweater” On 15 December.

The principLE is simple: wearing a silly CHRISTMAS jumper and TO GIVE ( giving) 2€ to charity ; Even IF the Royal family get involvED originaLLy a CHRISTMAS jumper, used to being something done by yoUr granny for CHRISTMAS and you felt obliged to wear front off her in recent years ; shops are FILLED with Christmas jumper featuring snowman, Santa's, reindeers and Christmas puddings ; you musn't buy jumper speciaLLy for the day, MANY people customize their owns with tinsel and other CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS . Since 2012, this charity raised more THAN 4 millions € by years because OF Christmas Jumper Day , it useD TO raising money for project that benefit children.

II) Let’s make words… and sentences

1. EAGNRST 7 - 3 x 5 : ANGER - TEARS - ANGST - 3 x 6 GEANTS - GRANTS - RANGES - 1 x 7 STRANGE- : = 40
2. AIOYDHLLS 9 - HOLIDAYS - 8
3. EOUDFLNRW 9 - = 2 x 5 : WORLD - WOULD - 2 x 6 FOLDER - FLOWER - 1 x 7 ROUNDEL (cocarde) = 29
4. OEUYWNDRFLL 11 - underflow - wonderful - = 9
Total : 40 + 8 + 29 + 9 = 86
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD ! It was STRANGE last Winter during HOLIDAYS in ALPS, to see beautiful flowers growing up in the snow, like these ones called snowdrops.

READY to be corrected. I thank you a lot for all.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de taiji43, postée le 23-12-2017 à 17:25:07 (S | E)
MY CORRECTION this IS READY TO BE CORRECTED
Thank you Here4U for your amazing imagination .Your poor student is mischievous. …And the teacher too, who asked him to send us his try …
Make world BETTER with a sweater CHRISTMAS jumper day BECOMES A tradition for BRITISH people TO do something silly – WEARING a kitchen CHRISTMAS jumper, and DOING some serious good FOR CHARITY This charity wanted PEOPLE TO DONATE to make better live for CHILDREN in POVERTY in THE UK and around THE WORLD.

In fact, it CONSISTS IN DOING the world better with a sweater, ON 15 December.The PRINCIPLE is simple: wearing a silly CREA ZY jumper and GIVE 2€ to charity; even the ROYAL FAMILY GETS INVOLVED.
ORIGINALLY a CHRISTMAS jumper used to BE something MADE by YOUR GRANNY IN MESS, and you FELT obliged to WEAR IT INFRONT OF her. In recent years, shops were FILED with MESS JUMPERS featuring: SNOWMEN, SANTA’S, reindeers and CHRITMAS puddings. You DON’T HAVE to buy jumper ESPECIALLY for the day.MANY people CUSTOMIZE their owns with TINSELS and other CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS.Since 2012 CHARITY HAS raised more THAN 4 millions € A years because OF Christmas Jumper Day it USED To RAISE money for PLANS that BENEFITS CHILDREN

Je n'ai plus de temps de continuer.Merci pour les corrections et Bravo à Chocolatcitron

-------------------
Modifié par taiji43 le 28-12-2017 17:26

-------------------
Modifié par taiji43 le 28-12-2017 17:30

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de alpiem, postée le 24-12-2017 à 19:02:30 (S | E)
I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! In the following text, there are many, many mistakes to correct...this work is finished

crismes jumper day become tradition for british people do something silly ? wear a kitchen christmas jumper ? and do some serious good for a charity this charity wanted puple donating to make better live for childrens in the poverty in UK and around the word. In fact it wants to ?make the world better with a sweater? in 15 December

The principal is simple: wearing a silly mes jumper and donne 2? to charity even the royals familly get involving originaly a crismes jumper used to being something done by yor grany for mas and you felt obliged to wearing front off her in recent years shops were feeled with mes jumper featuring snowman, santas, reindeers and chrismes puddings you dont must to buy jumper specialy for the day much people customiz their owns with tinsel and other crismes decration
Since 2012 this charite raised more as 4 millions ? by years because off Christmas Jumper Day it use raising money for projects that beneffit childrens

MAKE world BETTER with a sweater
CHRISTMAS jumper day HAS become a tradition for British people TO do something silly__wear a kitchen Christmas jumper__and do some serious good for a charity. This charity wants people donating to make better liFe for children in poverty in the UK and around the worLd. In fact it wants to" make the world better with a sweater" on the 15TH OF Decem
ber.
The PRINCIPLE is simple: wear a silly mess jumper and donate 2£ to charity, even the royal family getting involved. Originaly a CHRISTMAS jumper used to be something made by your granny for the mess and that you feel obliged to wear in
front OF her .In recent years, shops were FILLED with mess jumpers featuring snowman,Santa, reindeers and christmas
pudding. You must not buy jumpers specially for the day. MANY people CUSTOMIZE THEIRS with TINSLES and other CHRISTMAS
DECORATIONS.Since 2012 this CHARITY HAS raised more THAN 4 millions a year because OF Christmas jumper Day raising money
for projects that BENEFIT CHILDREN.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de here4u, postée le 25-12-2017 à 16:49:17 (S | E)
Hello !

Je "prends" vos exercices pour les contrôler lorsque vous me mettez "Ready for Correction". Alors, s'il vous plaît, n'en rajoutez plus après ... Ce serait bien aussi (juste pour que vous puissiez mieux les retenir ...) de me mettre la traduction des mots trouvés ! Pour le moment, sans la recherche de mots, nous avons un vainqueur incontestable ... Qui dit mieux?

Je vous rappelle aussi que vous êtes (ou devriez être ! ) engagés dans un vote sur : the nicest jumper - the ugliest one - the most ridiculous one - the cutest one - the most terrible one. (That is five pictures at most!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de here4u, postée le 26-12-2017 à 11:04:26 (S | E)
Hello !

Here's MY choice of jumpers! (This isn't a "correction" ... Am expecting your choices!)

There are my nicest jumpers!

This is my "ugliest" one!

This is the most ridiculous one for me!
(sure Choco will sympathise! )

This is the most terrible one!

This is the cutest one!

Best wishes to all of You!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de joe39, postée le 26-12-2017 à 19:23:18 (S | E)
Dear here4u,
Hoping you spent a great Christmas day, please find hereunder my work, ready to be corrected.

crismes jumper day become tradition for british people do something silly – wear a kitchen christmas jumper — and do some serious good for a charity this charity wanted puple donating to make better live for childrens in the poverty in UK and around the word. In fact it wants to “make the world better with a sweater” in 15 December
The principal is simple: wearing a silly +mes jumper and donne 2€ to charity even the royals familly get involving originaly a crismes jumper used to being something done by yor grany for +mas and you felt obliged to wearing front off her in recent
years shops were feeled with +mes jumper featuring snowman, santas, reindeers and chrismes puddings
you dont must to buy jumper specialy for the day much people customiz their owns with tinsel and other crismes decration
Since 2012 this charite raised more as 4 millions € by years because off Christmas Jumper Day it use raising money for project that beneffit childrens

MAKE THE world BETTER with a sweater.
Christmas JUMPER DAY HAS become a tradition for BRITISH people doing something ODD – LIKE WEARING a Christmas KITSCH jumper – BUT ALSO DOING some
MORE IMPORTANT charity WORK, LIKE DONATIONS, WHICH PEOPLE DO WANT to make LIFE better for CHILDREN LIVING in poverty in THE UK and ALL around the WORLD.
In facts THEY WANT “ to make the world better with a sweater “ ON FRIDAY 15TH
December.
The PRINCIPLE is simple: wearing a silly XMAS jumper and DONATING 2 POUNDS to
Charity, even the ROYAL FAMILY get INVOLVED, IN A VERY ORIGINAL WAY, TO USE
something KNITTED by your GRANNY for XMAS, WHICH you FEEL obliged to WEAR in her presence. In THESE LAST years THE shops were BEING FILLED with XMAS JUMPERS SHOWING SNOWMEN, SANTAS, reindeer and CHRISTMAS puddings.
You wouldn’t need to buy a jumper ESPECIALLY for this day, SINCE many people CUSTOMIZE THEIR OWN ONES with TINSEL and other CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS.
This CHARITY WORK, FOCUSED ON Christmas Jumper Day, HAS BEEN RAISING more THAN 4 MILLION POUNDS a YEAR since 2012, ASSIGNING THE COLLECTED MONEY
TO PROJECTS AIMED AT BENEFITING POOR CHILDREN.

For each group of letters:
- make as many words (of more than 4 letters) as you can. ( I DON’T WANT FOUR-LETTER WORDS! Do not mix the letters of the different groups!)
- Then, take the longest word of each set and use it in a sentence of your own, so that its meaning is very clear!

1. EAGNRST 7
Grant, grate, range, sarge, stare, anger, rates , gents, aster, tears, sages, great 12x5 strange, 1x7 = 67 points
I left the party because I felt strange. = 5 points. Total score 72

2. AIOYDHLLS 9
Holly, hills, alloy, halls, say-so, shoal, dolls, solid, 8x5 haloid, Lloyds, 2x6 solidly, 1x7 holidays 1x8 = 67 points
I would like to go to the Caribbean on holiday. = 5 points : Total score 72

3. EOUDFLNRW 9
Wound, drone, lower, under, drown, flown, ruled , round 8x5 , wonder, refund, wolfer wolfen 4x6, founder 1 x 7 Wonderful, 1x9 = 80 points
Flying high on the narrow valley, the drone has shot wonderful scenes of the whole, still unexplored, rain forest below. = 5 points. Total score 85 .

4. OEUYWNDRFLL 11
Fully, dully, fowls, foully, found, fryer, fouls, 7x5 - rudely 1x6 , foundry, 1x7 - Wonderfully, 1 x 11 = 59 points

Thanks to his so called Manoeuvre on Ulm, wonderfully conceived and masterfully carried out, Napoleon succeeded in outflanking and surrounding the whole Mack's Austrian Army in Ulm.( General Mack surrendered with 30,000 men on October 20, 1805. The first part of the campaign against the Third Coalition was over). = 5 points
Total score 64.

I'm sorry but I can't send any image of sweaters to your site.
Thanking for your "triple exercise", I wish you a nice week.
So long.
Joe39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 29-12-2017 12:28

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de chocolatcitron, postée le 27-12-2017 à 00:05:23 (S | E)

Hello Everybody !

To my mind, these couple of Jumper Day
are the most ridiculous... poor little birds ... !

This red one with a three dimensional
raindeer is the ugliest, for sure !

The following red jumper with its white
and green balls is ponderous. I don't like it !

… Even if I saw another one, the
worst of all, but I coudn't erase the girl's face to publish it in
this site : this girl was wearing on a Jumper Day with a three
dimensional great turkey on her belly... !!! I tried to erase her
face, to publish the picture, but I failed.

The more dangerous to be worn is
undoubtedly this one, so it could cause lots of accidents on the
road... as it is cloyed (double meaning) and not really
convenient... !

The cutest one is the light blue one
with its couple of rabbits. Nice, but for children !

The ludicrous is this one : I find it
stodgy with its two crazy yellow faces !

The most stylish is this black jumper
with its cats ! I really like it, but it is not my favorite... !

Here is my favorite and humourous, this
red jumper where Santa is falling down ! I do love it !

No my dear Here 4u, I don't like the
jumper with your cat « Ho ho no » it is not really my cup
of tea, even if I DO love cats, you know... , it's really too ugly !
Thank you for your present... I'll put it on for the next Jumper Day
(only if you come to my home next summer ! ) … just to make
you happy and just for one day, after, this friendly bet, I' ll do,
then my cats will sleep on it!

Enjoy yourselves, some of them are as
they say something awful !

Thank you so much for speaking about
this American and British tradition, and that you allow to express
ourselves about this topic.

Merci beaucoup de nous avoir parlé de
cette tradition américaine et anglaise, et de nous permettre de nous
exprimer à ce sujet.

See you soon.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de maxwell, postée le 29-12-2017 à 07:48:29 (S | E)
Hello Here4U
Another great exercise ! Thank you so much!

I) Help my student:

["M]ake THE world BETTER with a sweater[!"]
ON CHRISTMAS jumper day[,] IT HAS BECOME A tradition for [B]ritish people TO do something silly ? WEARING a KITSCH [C]hristmas jumper ? and TO do SOMETHING serious [-] A good DEED OF charity[.]
[T]his charity WANTS PEOPLE TO DONATE MONEY to OFFER A better LIFE TO CHILDREN in [] poverty in THE UK and around the word.
In fact[,] THEY WANT to ?make the world better with a sweater? ON December[, 15][.] The PRINCIPLE is simple: wearing a silly XMAS jumper and GIVING [€]2 to THE charity[.] [E]ven the ROYAL FAMILY GETS INVOLVED[!] ORIGINALLY[,] a CHRISTMAS jumper used to BE something done by YOUR GRANNY for [X]mas and you felt obliged to WEAR IT IN front OF her[.] [I]n THE recent years[,] shops HAVE BEEN FILLED with XMAS JUMPERS featuring SNOWMEN, [S]antas, reindeers and CHRISTMAS puddings[.]
BUT [Y]ou DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE to buy A jumper ESPECIALLY for THIS day [:] MANY people CUSTOMISE their OWN JUMPER (*) with tinsel and other CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS[.]
Since 2012[,] this CHARITY HAS raised more THAN [€] 4 MILLION A(**) YEAR because OF Christmas Jumper Day AND it HAS USED THE RISEN money for PROJECTS that WILL BENEFIT TO CHILDREN.
(*) là j'ai hésité : est-il obligatoire d'ajouter le nom ?
(**) or: PER

II) Find the words:

TOTAL : 707 points

1. EAGNRST 7 : 11*5 + 6*6 + 2*7 + 5 = 110 points
5 letters :
RANGE : varier
GREAT : grand, génial
GRATE : grincer
ANGER : énerver, irriter
STAGE : étape, stade, scène
RAGES : rages
GENTS : toilettes pour hommes
GEARS : matériels, équipements, engrenages
GRANT : accorder
AGENT : agent
TRANS : trans

6 letters :
AGENTS : agents
ANGERS : colères
GARNET : grenat
GRANTS : bourses, subventions, indemnités
GRATES : des grilles
RANGES : gammes, éventails, portées, étendues

7 letters :
GARNETS : grenats
STRANGE : étrange

How strange of him to behave like a stranger after the night we spent together and the tender words he told me. I can't understand it!

2. AIOYDHLLS 9 : 20*5 + 1*7 + 1*8 + 5 = 120 points

DALLY : lambiner, flirter
DILLY : super, génial
DOLLY : poupée
DOLLS : poupées
DILLS : aneths
DILLY : sensationnel
DALLY : musarder, flâner
DAILY : quotidien
HILLS : collines
HALLS : entrées, couloirs, halls
HALLO : bonjour, salut
HAILS : grêles, saluts, pluies, rafales(sens fig)
HOLDS : prises
HOLLY : houx
IDOLS : idoles
SOLID : solide
SILLY : stupide, bête
SALLY : sortir, sortie
SHOAL : banc, groupe
SHALL (auxiliaire de futur)

6 letters :

7 letters :
SOLIDLY : solidement

8 letters :
HOLIDAYS : vacances

Not everyone will spend the Christmas holidays with their families. Some people have no family ; many other people have quite different plans...

3. EOUDFLNRW 9 : 17*5 + 9*6 + 7*2 + 8*1 + 9*2 + 5 = 184 points

5 letters :
FLOUR : farine
FLOWN : piloté, volé
FOUND : trouvé
FROWN : froncer les sourcils
FROND : fronde (feuille de fougère)
DROWN : se noyer
ROUND : rond ; tour
ENDOW : doter, financer
ENROL : inscrire, s'inscire
OWNER : propriétaire
LOWER : descendre
OLDER : plus âgé, aîné
OLDEN : jadis
UNDER : sous
WORLD : monde
WOUND : blessure
WOULD : auxiliaire modal (avoir l'habitude de ; pourriez-vous (demande polie) ; conditionnel...)

6 letters :
DOWNER : tranquilisant, sédatif
FLOWER : fleur
LOUDER : plus fort
LOUDEN : mettre plus fort
UNFOLD : dérouler
REFOLD : replier
FOULED : souilla, salit
WONDER : se demander ; merveille, émerveillement, miracle
FONDLE : caresser

7 letters :
FOUNDER : fondateur
FLOURED : farina

8 letters :
FLOUNDER : flet ; patauger

9 letters :
UNDERFLOW : courant de fond
WONDERFUL : merveilleux, exceptionnel

This year, the whole family has come from all over the world to celebrate Christmas : it's going to be a wonderful Christmas!

4. OEUYWNDRFLL 11 : 5*25 + 6*14 + 7*6 + 8*1 + 9*2 + 11*1 + 5 = 293 points

5 letters :
FLOUR : farine
FLOWN : piloté, volé
FOUND : trouvé
FROWN : froncer les sourcils
FROND : fronde (feuille de fougère)
DROWN : se noyer
ROUND : rond ; tour
ENDOW : doter, financer
ENROL : inscrire, s'inscire
OWNER : propriétaire
LOWER : descendre
OLDER : plus âgé, aîné
OLDEN : jadis
UNDER : sous
WORLD : monde
WOUND : blessure
WOULD : auxiliaire modal (avoir l'habitude de ; pourriez-vous (demande polie) ; conditionnel...)
DWELL : demeurer, s'attarder sur
DOWNY : duveteux
DOLLY : poupée
DULLY : mollement, de manière ennuyeuse
FULLY : complètement
FLOWY : fluide
FLYER : prospectus, aviateur
YODEL : iodler

6 letters :
DOWNER : tranquilisant, sédatif
FLOWER : fleur
LOUDER : plus fort
LOUDEN : mettre plus fort
UNFOLD : dérouler
REFOLD : replier
FOULED : souilla, salit
WONDER : se demander ; merveille, émerveillement, miracle
FONDLE : caresser
FOULLY : lâchement
FLOURY : farineux
FONDLY : affectueusement, tendrement
UNROLL : dérouler
UNDREW : ouvrit (un rideau)

7 letters :
FOUNDER : fondateur
FLOURED : farina
FLOWERY : fleuri
FOUNDRY : fonderie
ROUNDLY : nettement, carrément, ouvertement
WORLDLY : terrestre, de ce monde

8 letters :
FLOUNDER : flet ; patauger

9 letters :
UNDERFLOW : courant de fond
WONDERFUL : merveilleux, exceptionnel

11 letters :
WONDERFULLY : à merveille, de manière excellente

And look at this triple salchow, wonderfully opened in the air before the landing comes! That's perfection in jumping!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/12 de here4u, postée le 29-12-2017 à 23:41:38 (S | E)
Hello, Dear Friends,

very much to all the hardworkers and players who've spend a lot of time with me during these two weeks... for your tremendous work. I was glad to notice that, although the work was long and difficult, you've really given me your best, as usual.
Here are my suggestions...

Christmas Jumper Day is becoming a tradition for British people to do something silly – wear a kitschy (1) Christmas jumper — to do some serious good, for Save the Children, a charity (2). This charity wants people to donate, to make life better for children in poverty in the UK and around the world. In fact it wants to “make the world better with a sweater” on 15 December!
The principle is simple: wear a silly Xmas jumper and donate £2 (3) to a charity. Even the Royal Family gets involved. Originally, a “Christmas jumper” used to be something made by your Granny for Xmas that you felt obliged to wear in front of her. In recent years, the shops have filled with Xmas-themed jumpers featuring snowmen, Santas, reindeer and Christmas puddings. You don’t have to buy a jumper especially for the day, many people customise their own with tinsel (4) and other Christmas decorations.
Since 2012, Save the Children has raised more than £4 million a year through Christmas Jumper Day. The charity uses the money raised for projects that benefit children.

(1) kitschy= "kitsch", "de style volontairement surchargé, démodé, ou de mauvais goût".
(2) a charity = une association caritative, une œuvre de bienfaisance
(3) £2 = vous semblez avoir oublié, comme mon élève, que la Grande Bretagne n'est jamais entrée dans la "zone euro" ... et a, de plus, voté pour le Brexit!
(4) traîtreusement, ce nom ne prend pas la marque du pluriel.

II) Let’s make words… and sentences!
Set N° 1:
7 Letter Words= garnets/ strange
6 Letter Words= agents/ angers/ Garnet/ grants/ grates/ ranges/ retags/ sanger/ stager/
5 Letter Words= agent/ anger/ angst/ aster/ earns/ gates/ gears/ gents/ gnats/ grant/ grate/ great/ rages/ range/ rants/ rates/ rents/ saner/ sarge/ snare/ stage/ stare/ stern/ tangs/ tears/ terns/

Set N°2)
8 Letter Words= disloyal/ holidays/
7 Letter Words= dollish/ haloids/ holiday/ ladyish/ shadily/ solidly //
6 Letter Words= alloys/ hallos/ hollas/ idylls/ oldish/ shoaly –
5 Letter Words= daily/ daisy/ dally/ dashy/ dials/ dills/ dilly/ dishy/ dolls/ dolly/ hails/ hallo/ halls/ halos/ hills/ hilly/ holds/ holla/ holly/ idols/ idyll/ idyls/ loads/ loyal/ sadly/ shady/ shall/ shaly/ shoal/ silly/ slily/ solid

Set N°3)
9 Letter Word= wonderful
8 Letter Words= flounder/ unfolder/
7 Letter Words = floured/ fondler/ founder/ frowned / reflown/ refound/ rewound/ roundel
6 Letter Words= downer/ enfold/ flowed/ flower/ folder/ fonder/ fondle/ fondue/ fouled/ fouler/ fowled/ fowler/ furled/ louden/ louder/ loured/ nodule/ reflow/ refold/ refund/ undoer/ undrew/ unfold/ woeful/ wolfed/ wolfer/ wonder
5 Letter Words= dower/ drone/ drown/ endow/ enrol/ felon/ flour/ flown/ flued/ fluor/ found/ frond/ frown/ loden/ loner/ lowed/ lower/ lured/ olden/ older/ owned/ owner/ round/ rowed/ rowel/ ruled/ under/ unfed/ unled/ unwed/ world/ would/ wound

Set N°4)
11 Letter Word= wonderfully
9 Letter Words= unworldly/ wonderful
8 Letter Words= flounder/ unfolder/ unrolled/ woefully
7 Letter Words= doleful/ floured/ flowery/ fondler/ founder/ foundry/ frowned/ reflown/ refound/ rewound/ roundly/ worldly…
6 Letter Words= dourly/ dowery/ downer/ drolly/ duello/ duller/ enfold/ enroll/ fellow/ felony/ floury/ flowed/ flower/ folder/ fonder/ fondle/ fondly/ fondue/ fouled/ fouler/ foully/ fowled/ fowler/ fulled/ fuller/ furled/ lewdly/ lonely/ lordly/ louden/ louder/ loudly/ loured/ lowery/ nodule/ nudely/ nulled/ nurled/ reflow/ refold/ refund/ rolled/ rudely/ undoer/ undrew/ unfold/ unroll/ unwell/ weldor/ woeful/ wolfed/ wolfer/ wonder/ yellow/ yonder/ yowled
5 Letter Words= delly /dolly/ dowel/ dower/ downy/ dowry/ doyen/ droll/ drone/ drown/ dully/ dwell/ endow/ enrol/ felon/ ferly/ ferny/ flour/ flown/ flued/ fluor/ flyer/ folly/ found/ foyer/ frown/ fully/ loden/ loner/ lowed/ lower/ lowly/ lured/ nelly/ nerdy/ newly/ nuder/ olden/ older/ owned/ owner/ redly/ refly/ rewon/ round/ rowdy/ rowed/ rowel/ ruled/ under/ unfed/ unled/ unwed/ welly/ wordy/ world/ would/ wound

Je suis certaine que cette liste est loin d'être exhaustive ... et je crois bien avoir aperçu des mots que je n'avais pas donnés dans certaines listes ... Je n'ai pas eu, non plus, le courage de compter les points ... (Les corrections me semblaient prioritaires ...! ) Merci encore de votre courage et de votre persévérance ...
L'exercice suivant est en ligne et sera moins "automatique", plus créatif ... Une récompense ... vous l'avez bien méritée !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux