Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de yannloic posté le 2004-08-20 07:30:26 (S | E | F | I)
Bonjour.

J'ai une question qui me démange. Sur ce site, la correction orthographique peut se faire en Anglais ou en Américain.

Winword autorise les particularités linguistiques suivantes:

Zimbabwe, Royaume-Uni, Caraïbes, Philippines, Nouvelle-Zélande, Ile de la Trinité, Irlande, Belize, Canada, Jamaïque, États-Unis, Afrique du Sud, Australie.

Je sais que certains verbes irréguliers peuvent avoir leur prétérit en ed en Américain.

Je sais qu'il y a une énorme différence entre "He has a gift." et "He has got a gift."

Je sais que "lift" c'est la même chose que "elevator".

Je sais que "mouse" ne se prononce pas de la même manière de chaque coté de l'atlantique.

Y a-t-il de vrais et profondes différences entre toutes ces versions d'anglais, ou au fond est ce plutôt de l'ordre du dialecte, de la différence entre le parlé de Cambrai et de celui de Nîmes ?

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de fabienne, postée le 2004-08-20 08:35:17 (S | E)
wow, ça c'est du sujet !!

Alors, pour être brève, je pense que la différence entre tous "ces anglais" est comme pour nous entre le Québécois et le Français.
Il y a des termes, des expressions que nous ne comprenons pas en France et qui sont couramment utilisés là-bas. L'accent change énormément aussi (compare l'accent écossais et l'accent texan par exemple !!!).
Aussi, certaines expressions vont avoir un sens complètement différent selon le pays alors que ce sont les mêmes mots.
Et bien, c'est pareil pour l'Anglais américain et l'Anglais britannique si je puis m'exprimer ainsi.

Lorsque j'étais en Angleterre (au-pair), la mère ne supportait pas d'entendre l'accent américain, elle disait qu'elle ni comprenait rien (je pense qu'elle était particulièrement chauvine quand même !!). Elle me disait de me mettre un gros chewing-gum dans la bouche si je voulais avoir l'accent américain !!

Je pense que comme ces pays sont très éloignés les uns des autres et que l'anglais est une langue extrèmement vivante, elle évolue différemment selon les pays mais les bases (grammaire, anglais littéraire, etc ...) restent les mêmes. Après c'est "le parlé de la rue" qui change.
J'espère t'avoir éclairée un peu plus.

Amicalement,
Fab

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de pj, postée le 2004-08-20 09:31:01 (S | E)
English is spoken as a first language by more than 300 million people throughout the world, and used as a second language by many millions more. One in five of the world's population speaks English with a good level of competence, and within the next few years the number of people speaking English as a second language will exceed the number of native speakers.

This could have a dramatic effect on the evolution of the language: in the process of being absorbed by new cultures, English develops to take account of local language needs, giving rise not just to new vocabulary but also to new forms of grammar and pronunciation.

At the same time, however, a standardized 'global' English is spread by the media and the Internet.

The main regional standards of English are British, US and Canadian, Australian and New Zealand, South African, Indian, and West Indian. Within each of these regional varieties a number of highly differentiated local dialects may be found.

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de pj, postée le 2004-08-20 09:37:42 (S | E)
Cockney ?

Imagine a conversation like this:

"Got to my mickey, found me way up the apples, put on me whistle and the bloody dog went. It was me trouble telling me to fetch the teapots."

which really means,

"Got to my house (mickey mouse), found my way up the stairs (apples and pears), put on my suit (whistle and flute) when the phone (dog and bone) rang. It was my wife (trouble and strife) telling me to get the kids (teapot lids)."

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de pj, postée le 2004-08-20 09:41:05 (S | E)
The English language contains a rich array of slang words and phrases. This can be particularly seen when examining the day to day language of the average Londoner. A great many London slang terms derive from the Cockney tradition and fall into the bracket of 'Rhyming Slang'. Other terms have been introduced by the influx of other cultures into the capital. The resulting mishmash has created what academics sometimes call 'Estuary English' (after the area of the Thames Estuary), although this term is used more to describe the accent used in the area.

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de pj, postée le 2004-08-20 09:46:09 (S | E)
English belongs to the western sub-branch of the Germanic branch of the Indo-European family of languages. The closest undoubted living relatives of English are Scots and Frisian. Frisian is a language spoken by approximately half a million people in the Dutch province of Friesland, in nearby areas of Germany, and on a few islands in the North Sea.

After Scots and Frisian, the next closest relative is the modern Low Saxon language of the eastern Netherlands and northern Germany. Other less closely related living languages include Dutch, Afrikaans, German and the Scandinavian languages. Many French words are also intelligible to an English speaker, as English absorbed a tremendous amount of vocabulary from the Norman language after the Norman conquest and from French in further centuries; as a result, a substantial share of English vocabulary is very close to the French, with some slight spelling differences (word endings, use of old French spellings, etc.) and some occasional lapses in meaning.

Geographic distribution
English is the first language in Australia (Australian English), the Bahamas, Barbados (Caribbean English), Bermuda, Gibraltar, Guyana, Jamaica (Jamaican English), New Zealand (New Zealand English), Antigua, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom (British English) and the United States of America (American English).

English is also one of the primary languages of Belize (with Spanish), Canada (with French), Dominica, St. Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (with French Creole), Ireland (with Irish), Singapore (with Malay, Mandarin, Tamil and other Asian languages) and South Africa (but Zulu, Xhosa, Afrikaans and Northern Sotho [combined?] are more spoken). It is the most commonly used unofficial language of Israel.

It is an official language, but not native, in Cameroon, Fiji, the Federated States of Micronesia, Ghana, Gambia, Hong Kong, India, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria, Malta, the Marshall Islands, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, the Solomon Islands, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

English is the most widely used "second" and "learning" language in the world, and as such, many linguists believe, it is no longer the exclusive cultural emblem of "native English speakers", but rather a language that is absorbing aspects of cultures worldwide as it grows in use. Others theorise that there are limits to how far English can go in suiting everyone for communication purposes. It is the language most often studied as a foreign language in Europe (32.6 percent) and Japan, followed by French, German and Spanish.

Dialects and regional variants
Main article: List of dialects of the English language

The expansiveness of the British and the Americans has spread English throughout the globe. It is now the second-most spoken language in the world after Mandarin Chinese. As such, it has bred a variety of regional Englishes (generally referred to as English dialects) and English-based creoles and pidgins.

The major varieties of English may, and in most cases do, contain several subvarieties, such as Cockney within British English, Newfoundland English within Canadian English, and African American Vernacular English within American English.

Some people dispute the status of Scots as a closely related separate language from English and consider it a group of English dialects. Scots has a long tradition as a separate written and spoken language. Pronunciation, grammar and lexis differ, sometimes substantially, from other varieties of English.

Due to its wide use as a second language, English is spoken with many different accents, which may identify the speaker's native language. For some distinctive characteristics of certain accents, see Distinguishing accents in English.

Many countries around the world have blended English words and phrases into their everyday speech and refer to the result by a colloquial name that implies its bilingual origins, which parallels the English language's own addiction to loan words and borrowings. Named examples of these ad-hoc constructions, distinct from pidgin and creole languages, include Engrish, Franglais and Spanglish. (See The Ishes for a complete list.) Europanto combines many languages but has an English core.

Major regional variations
Europe
British English
Hiberno-English
Scottish English
The Americas
American English
Canadian English
Caribbean English
Jamaican English
Spanglish
Oceania
Australian English
New Zealand English
Asia
Indian English
Manglish
Pakistani English
Singlish
Philippine English
Africa
Liberian English
South African English
Constructed variants of English
Basic English is simplified for easy international use. It is used by some aircraft manufacturers and other international businesses to write manuals and communicate. Some English schools in the Far East teach it as an initial practical subset of English.

Special English is a simplified version of English used by the Voice of America. It uses a vocabulary of 1500 words.

Seaspeak and the related Airspeak and Policespeak are based on restricted vocabularies designed by Edward Johnson in the 1980s to aid international co-operation and communication in specific areas.

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de yannloic, postée le 2004-08-20 10:03:46 (S | E)
Ihave to confess, I had been working for 6 years in an international company spread world-wide. I spoke by phone in English with foreigners. I could hear different accents and honestly Texan one isn't the worst. I like Japanese and Swedish ones very much.

I am a bit confused with English. I don't really remember what is what.

Thanks pj and fabienne for Answers. Could I have some other opinions?

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de gizm0, postée le 2004-08-20 11:58:13 (S | E)
pj , cite tes sources s'il te plait
http://www.askoxford.com/globalenglish/?view=uk

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de lucile83, postée le 2004-08-20 15:56:12 (S | E)
Quand j'étais à la fac, en 1966.....eh ouiiiiii, les profs me disaient déjà qu'il fallait choisir entre l'anglais et l'américain. En atteignant un niveau un peu avancé, on voit qu'il existe beaucoup et d'énormes différences entre ces 2 langues, je dis bien ces 2 langues oui, et si on ajoute les différences d'accents, on se perd.On ne peut pas TOUT apprendre, il faut choisir sinon vous ferez des fautes en anglais ET en américain.
Quant aux accents....adoptez celui qui vous plait le plus et tenez vous à cet accent. Je vais me faire haîr mais tant pis, j'ai Horreur de l'accent américain, de même que de certains accents français, mais je ne dirai pas lesquels.

Sorry american guys, but I can quite understand what you say on TV and so on, but I will answer with my "so British" accent.

See you soon

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de yannloic, postée le 2004-08-20 16:22:49 (S | E)
Thanks lucille (and the others too). I was dazed and confused, but with your pieces of advice, I fell better. I'll try to keep my British way of speaking. conseil It fits me well and the best it goes well with my beautiful "titi Parisien"'s accent.

Réponse: re:les langues anglaises de willy, postée le 2004-08-20 17:03:46 (S | E)
If I'm not mistaken, you didn't say a word about what is called the "Received Pronunciation" (RP), the accent of standard Southern British English, which is the way English is spoken by the so-called well-educated people in South-East England. By the way, this is BBC English and that pronunciation is taught in schools.It is also called "Queen's English".
But the British themselves have been wondering for some time whether that pronunciation should be regarded as the only "good" one. I've read a newspaper article about that recently but I can't remember when.
Have you ever heard of "pidgin-english" ?

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux