Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de lucile83 posté le 2004-07-14 16:25:06 (S | E | F | I)
What do you think is more important? speak fluent English or have a very good English accent?
I know both are important, but it is rare for the young pupils or the beginners to manage both.
See you soon.

Réponse: re de nanis, postée le 2004-07-14 16:31:27 (S | E)
yes both are important,
but I think that it's more important to speak english fluently,because in my opinion to have an accent could be charming...! no?

Réponse: re de caz9, postée le 2004-07-14 16:34:54 (S | E)
I would think that it is more important to be able to communicate and make yourself understood than what accent you have. If you're learning English which accent would you like to have ? - an American accent, an Australian one and if English would you prefer a Liverpudlian, Brum, black country, Yorkshire, London or ....... I could go on. Far better to be able to speak the language and be understood.

Réponse: re de lucile83, postée le 2004-07-14 17:20:11 (S | E)
Thanks for your answers. I considered that speaking fluently is more important than the accent. But I wanted to get some opinions and you are welcome for that.
As for me it is not very important because I know my accent is quite British, people tell me so and don't believe I'm French; but my pupils have some difficulties with that. On the other hand some of them get at once a marvellous accent. My daughter went to Australia 2 years ago and she can speak fluent English but she still has a French accent which is charming she told me ! of course you can change your accent, even in France according to the area you live in.
Bye

Réponse: re de freeday, postée le 2004-07-14 18:00:20 (S | E)
To be fluent or to have a good English accent may not be the most important things, I think. What is essential is to be able to PRONOUNCE English words PROPERLY if you want to make yourself understood. Speaking English fluently is pointless if your pronunciation is faulty. As for the accent, it is the icing on the cake (as the saying goes).It's great if people acquire it but you needn't give top priority to it first. Don't you agree ?
Bye

Réponse: re de lucile83, postée le 2004-07-15 15:51:34 (S | E)
yes that's right freeday; when I say "accent" in fact I speak of everything concerning the pronunciation; the pupils have to learn each word, one by one, and when they try to build up a sentence the result may be good or quite awful. They are like babies who learn a language ! I insist on the "h" on the "th" and they have to repeat and repeat hundreds of times. But they like it, and they are very proud when they can say a sentence by their own. Especially when I understand what they say because if they make a mistake I pretend not to understand them.
Thank you very much for your answers.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux