Recommandés :
- Traducteurs gratuits
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Grammar tenses/help

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Grammar tenses/help
Message from mohammad51 posted on 08-03-2024 at 14:56:41 (D | E | F)
Hello
Could you please help me to solve this exercise?

Indeed, the exercise is too long, so I will post a part of it.

Thank you in advance
Modals express suggestions

As it was told here or there, the most modal verbs which are used to express " suggestion" are
Should , shouldn't , could. Some would add " can" when asking about request
May and might sometimes are also used
------
EX: Fill in the blanks with the appropriate form and tense
simple present, present progressive, simple past, future (be going to / will), modal auxiliaries.

My answers inside lines
At first, she was not ( not / be) familiar with the techniques. But now, she understands (understand) much more. For example, she knows she can draw (draw/suggestion) the design on paper first, and then she has to cut (cut/obligation) the tile carefully.
Last week, she finished (finish) her second piece. What did she make (make)? She made (make) a small picture.

My question is especially about the suggestion :

For example, she knows she can draw (draw/suggestion) the design on paper first,..........

Re: Grammar tenses/help from gerondif, posted on 08-03-2024 at 15:27:19 (D | E)
Hello
I would have said :
At first, she was not ( not / be) familiar with the techniques. But now, she understands (understand) much more. For example, she knows she should draw (draw/suggestion) the design on paper first, and then she will have to ( if you didn't have to respect "obligation ", she will be able to would have been fine too.) cut (cut/obligation) the tile carefully.
Last week, she finished (finish) her second piece. What did she make (make)? She made (make) a small picture.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de mathématiques 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.

| Partager sur les réseaux